Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Wasn’t jj involved somewhat in the second movie?

He wrote a treatment for the trilogy.

Rian completely bushed it :russ:

And Kakleen Kennedy was like :picard: you just gon disregard Finn and Snoke and create a new asian female character who will stop Finn from sacrificing himself for peoplehe loves just to tell him sometimes it's worth sacrificing yourself for people you love and you're going to bush Luke to make Rey even more of a prodigy :usure:

..you also get a trilogy :mjgrin::wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
For all the hate this film gets, the Rey kylo fight scene in the throne room is one of the best scenes in the entire franchise, and the kamikaze light speed jump that splits Luke's saber ... The movie is imperfect and I have my issues but there are a lot of great scenes in this movie, the one where Rey is going down the dark force rabbit hole, the Luke force doppelganger scene .. This movie has to have the worst casted extras I've ever seen.. One of the pilot extras looks like a 12 year old. Carrie fisher's daughter is distracting

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they took an incredibly creative and unique franchise with so many possibilities and decided to turn it into a vehicle for feminist propaganda, and dumb it down to the levels of a typical superhero movie.

Characters many of us grew up with and loved, have been shyt on in the name of kissing women’s asses, as if white women don’t get their asses kissed enough as it is.

If you’re not really a Star Wars fan, then you wouldn’t understand. However, if you can’t see how a damn space opera has been turned into a political vehicle...well there’s no sense arguing with the naive.
Stop whining about feminism like an alt-right cac. They could've made all of the main characters woman for all I care, the problem wasn't feminism, the problem was that the story made no god damn sense, that the pacing of the movie was terrible and that they killed story archs and character development set up in TFA just for the sake of being unpredictable, to the point where you just don't care anymore about what happens next. None of this has to do with feminism, it's all about bad movie making and them having no clue of what they want to do with this franchise. All of this whining about females running the show is like cacs loosing it when a "traditionally white character" is played by a black actor. Stop it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey that Asian girl erased her insta cause people were harassing her

That’s really sad

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

We want a good Star Wars film :hhh:

Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran, who has suffered months of racist and sexist abuse on social media, has deleted all her posts on Instagram.

Tran starred as mechanic-turned-Resistance fighter Rose Tico in 2017's The Last Jedi.

But she experienced a fierce backlash from some fans, who took aim at her ethnicity and appearance.

The film's director, Rian Johnson, has defended the star, apparently describing some fans as "manbabies".

He wrote on Twitter: "On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past four years I've met lots of real fellow Star Wars fans.

"We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humour, love & respect. We're the VAST majority, we're having fun & doing just fine

As a Vietnamese-American, Tran was the first woman of colour to play a lead role in the iconic series.

Some have fiercely criticised her Star Wars character and directed their hate at Tran personally.
Didn't like the character that much either but I wouldn't send her abuse....damn :picard:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We want a good Star Wars film :hhh:

Didn't like the character that much either but I wouldn't send her abuse....damn :picard:

I think it has more to do with the character rather than race and gender. I'm not sure if the woman that played Rose's sister got hate for being Asian also but she was also more positively received than Rose. Unfortunately most people have a hard time separating an actor and the character they are portraying. It kind of goes both ways. When people really like a character in a movie they start to associate that character with the actor and have similar positive feelings towards them. But the same goes for the negative, its not right or fair but it's just how some people think.

It's similar to actors the constantly play the villain or a bad guy. People associate that character with the actual actor and more times than not the actor is looked at in a negative manner. This was really prominent for child actors growing up.

Another factor is social media and the amount of self-worth the current generation puts on it. Especially for celebrities when you put yourself out there a door you open for your fans is also a door you open for your critics.

It really sucks for her because a lot of people just didn't like her character and even though it wasn't her fault you can't help but feel bad when people respond so poorly to something you worked so hard on.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Rian and Kakleen deserve the shyts, actors just act. It's not like she did a bad job acting, she just has the most see through transparent agenda driven character in SW second only to Rey tied with that lady from Jurassic Park.

That's on Rian/Kakleen/JJ.