Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Finally watching and this shyt is boring so far. Asian girl/Finn plot is pretty dumb and round robot is like 3rd strongest character in this series. The Kylo vs Luke fight was weak. Snoke death was even more pathetic and predictable

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Naahhh man TFA is not great but it's safe and inoffensive. This had a couple cool scenes but the rest is :trash:

I'm not hyped for the 3rd movie AT ALL :mjlol:
I couldn't care less about the next movie, hell it took me 6 months to see this shyt. I guess on first watch I found the movie to be more entertaining than TFA. That movie is so dull to me.

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

:whoo: Good thing that I don't work until late tomorrow, otherwise I'd be in trouble.

Listened to it on the way to work today. I think it could’ve used an extra 20-30 minutes to cover stuff he didn’t get to like how it disregards all the stuff previously set up and writes characters in ways contradictory to how they’ve always been. Also didn’t notice anything in there about his schizophrenic tendencies or any people he was keeping chained in the basement. Still did a great job though.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Payola-GN still at it :mjlol:

The Last Jedi: Study Blames Russian Trolls for 'Weaponizing' Social Media Hate - IGN

what.gif

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to it on the way to work today. I think it could’ve used an extra 20-30 minutes to cover stuff he didn’t get to like how it disregards all the stuff previously set up and writes characters in ways contradictory to how they’ve always been. Also didn’t notice anything in there about his schizophrenic tendencies or any people he was keeping chained in the basement. Still did a great job though.
I think he pretty much nailed everything wrong with the movie, thankfully without whining about Peggy sues, feminist agendas and sjw's.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It can't possibly be that it just wasnt a good Star Wars movie right?

There's a reason Solo bombed despite being a solid film and that's because many fans were not happy with TLJ.

Collider were peddling the same BS, that it was trolls that were contributing to poor reviews and general sense of disappointment. Plus they didnt keep it real about how TLJ was a total let down, one of the reasons I stopped watching their stuff.

Last edited:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I think he pretty much nailed everything wrong with the movie, thankfully without whining about Peggy sues, feminist agendas and sjw's.

If its real, then it’s real. Mike said himself that if you so much as mention that stuff then you get labeled a sexist that hates women. But he’s been critical of the “know everything do all female character”
several times before. Some dudes can’t bring themselves to be critical of anything female, then wonder why they have girl trouble, even though they’re “a nice guy”. Yeesh.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

You cats are crazy if you think that payola shyt is real in anything besides radio lol. And I’m only speaking on radio cause I’ve seen it first hand

Secondly the study isn’t saying all criticism of the movie game from bots or political opponents; it’s saying a good number of it was. So that’s the down votes on RT and random twitter accounts. And it makes all the sense in the world to turn that movie at that time into a political lightning rod and try to fukk with us because we’re easily hustled and believe every single thing we see online. We’re the most media illiterate country walking and we really shouldn’t be.

We’ve got other countries in all of our shyt at this point

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You cats are crazy if you think that payola shyt is real in anything besides radio lol. And I’m only speaking on radio cause I’ve seen it first hand

Secondly the study isn’t saying all criticism of the movie game from bots or political opponents; it’s saying a good number of it was. So that’s the down votes on RT and random twitter accounts. And it makes all the sense in the world to turn that movie at that time into a political lightning rod and try to fukk with us because we’re easily hustled and believe every single thing we see online. We’re the most media illiterate country walking and we really shouldn’t be.

We’ve got other countries in all of our shyt at this point
Nah it doesn’t make sense at all because the movie was the worst user reviewed star wars across several countries from Asia to the US

Someone on the cantina forum posted the averages. I’ll try to find it again.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
And now they want to say Russian trolls is the source of the majority of the negative criticism. Get the fukk out of here. I'm as liberal as they come. Rey was fukking Mary Sue. At least Anakin and Luke lost limbs. And I'll say it. If they had gotten a cute Asian girl to play Rose, I guarantee that most people wouldn't have had a problem with her, because they would have a waifu to jack off to. Also, if they really wanted to be "subversive" Rey should have joined Kylo Ren.

Also, they made Luke the biggest coward in the galaxy. So let me get this straight. He goes to Death Star 2.0 to face two of the baddest Sith lords in history. Tells the Emperor to go screw himself after being offered to become his apprentice. Beats his father, one of those baddest Sith lords, in a fight. Takes some hits of force lightning from the even badder Sith lord, and brings his father, the child and Sand People village killer, back to the light side. Now you're telling me, after that shyt, that his is a man that would pull a bytch move like contemplating killing his nephew in his sleep. The child of his sister and his homeboy. Not only that, but he would lie to Leia and Han about what really happened. Yes he lied. Think about it, in The Force Awakens, Han felt all guilty. Leia was all on what happened with Kylo was Snoke's fault. None of that sounded like, "(Insert Mark Hamill voice) Han, Leia. So...... yeah. I fukked up. I had some suspicions about Ben and who he's been hanging out with. So I went into his room while he was sleeping, and I felt through the force that he really wanted to do some really bad things. It scared the shyt out of me guys. Well, for a moment, I contemplated killing him, and I may or may not have have instinctively activated my lightsaber. Now you know that Ben is such a light sleeper, and he caught me in the moment. He didn't take it well and went on a murder spree. I'm sorry guys. I fukked up. I really have no business teaching anybody anything. I fukked up with your only child. Look, I'm just going to go into exile and cut myself off from everything. Later." No it doesn't. The Force Awakens makes it sound like a student betrayed Luke, and he had to go into hiding to regroup. Leia and the Resistance was looking for him because they needed help taking out Snoke. He did not tell them the truth. He lied about what happened and then when into hiding like a punk. Everyone was looking for Luke based on a lie. Han died because he thought that he fukked up somewhere along the line. If Luke had told the complete truth to Leia, she would have at least given Rey a heads up that he might not be receptive to wanting to teach anyone.

Seriously.... fukk this movie.