Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
That's why I'm not gonna see it...:manny: fukk this bullshyt... They should have just let JJ abrahms write the entire shyt instead of letting rian johnson in...
Ehh I'm not paying to see it. It'll prolly be bootleg status for me. Folks can say what they will about JJ but at least he paid attention to the material he was pulling from.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
You know what's even MORE cringeworthy is that Kathleen Kennedy hired Rian Johnson to do Episode 10,11 & 12.... and write the trilogy SOLO...:deadman::why:

What I don't get is how TF would Kathleen Kennedy even think that the fans would automatically go see Ep X, XI, XII? You're banking on ish that's not even guaranteed money, which means that she didn't understand the lore of Star Wars. The Episodes are/were supposed the be the Skywalker saga. You close that out (IX) and that ends the chapter that people wanted. Slapping X-XII out would automatically be dismissed as BS, and not viewed as importance because it's not the Skywalker saga. Then again, since Rian Johnson already did that job, the outlook is even more bleak.

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Once they dumped the canon. They threw away the skeleton of the stories. Episode 9 should have seen Luke and ray vs Kylo and snoke then have Ashoka come in as the game changer. People would have shyt they pants. Also did the knights of Ren disband like the Beatles
:patrice::jbhmm::sas2::snoop:

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
Once they dumped the canon. They threw away the skeleton of the stories. Episode 9 should have seen Luke and ray vs Kylo and snoke then have Ashoka come in as the game changer. People would have shyt they pants. Also did the knights of Ren disband like the Beatles
:patrice::jbhmm::sas2::snoop:
Knights of Ren don’t exist anymore.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
After sitting on this movie and thinking about it a LOT, I think it's one of the better star wars movies and over time it will be seen as such. I think it sets up the next movie well too. I also thought TFA was trash
Anyone that fundamentally disagreed with both this movie and the force awakens cant be pleased by a new mainline movie :yeshrug:

I will say this though, they should have made finn seem tougher (he's getting bullied/ tazed by resistance members), leia shouldn't be able to survive in space and pull herself to safety if mace windu cant considering mace windu >> her even if luke taught her a force trick or two, and the knights of ren should be somewhere in the movie (he got them hiding in an attic or some shyt? They are allegedly with ren but we see his whole crew and they clearly aren't there. Wtf could they be doing while Ren himself is out in the field?)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
After sitting on this movie and thinking about it a LOT, I think it's one of the better star wars movies and over time it will be seen as such. I think it sets up the next movie well too. I also thought TFA was trash
Anyone that fundamentally disagreed with both this movie and the force awakens cant be pleased by a new mainline movie :yeshrug:

I will say this though, they should have made finn seem tougher (he's getting bullied/ tazed by resistance members), leia shouldn't be able to survive in space and pull herself to safety if mace windu cant considering mace windu >> her even if luke taught her a force trick or two, and the knights of ren should be somewhere in the movie (he got them hiding in an attic or some shyt? They are allegedly with ren but we see his whole crew and they clearly aren't there. Wtf could they be doing while Ren himself is out in the field?)

:what::what::what: How the fukk did THIS movie setup the next movie?!?! the rebels LITERALLY have like 25 members left!!! no funds, no fleet, no galactic empire and NO OTHER ALLIES coming to help. this movie answered NOTHING, we had no answers to anything, what did Rian Johnson setup in this movie for part 9??? Why would any core Star Wars Fan even WANT to see part 9 when RJ destroyed the lore of the story, Killed off the head villan, killed off the main hero we grew up with??? and b*stardized his character... You worried about finn but the entire narrative was destroyed by one corny ass writer and you say he set up the next movie perfectly???!

HOW THE fukk DID HE SET IT UP??? HOW....???

WE HAVE 0 IDEA OF WHAT'S AHEAD...0...:snoop:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:what::what::what: How the fukk did THIS movie setup the next movie?!?! the rebels LITERALLY have like 25 members left!!! no funds, no fleet, no galactic empire and NO OTHER ALLIES coming to help. this movie answered NOTHING, we had no answers to anything, what did Rian Johnson setup in this movie for part 9??? Why would any core Star Wars Fan even WANT to see part 9 when RJ destroyed the lore of the story, Killed off the head villan, killed off the main hero we grew up with??? and b*stardized his character... You worried about finn but the entire narrative was destroyed by one corny ass writer and you say he set up the next movie perfectly???!

WE HAVE 0 IDEA OF WHAT'S AHEAD...0...:snoop:

Exactly....that nikka trippin

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
How the fukk did THIS movie setup the next movie?!?! the rebels LITERALLY have like 25 members left!!! no funds, no fleet, no galactic empire and NO OTHER ALLIES coming to help.
If shyt was sweet there would be no third movie. Not only that, but this means they have room to improve their situation and move towards a better outcome.
Why would any core Star Wars Fan even WANT to see part 9 when RJ destroyed the lore of the story
The star wars lore is the exact same. The force works the same way, they didn't change the jedi/sith backstory
Killed off the head villan, killed off the main hero we grew up with??? and b*stardized his character...
Snoke was a fraud they added to bait&switch the viewers. How could he be the main villain if he isn't running shyt? People expected him to be a sidius clone and have Kylo as an anakin clone and if that were the case, snoke would be the final boss, but the movie isn't formulaic and he isn't. Luke isn't the hero of the new saga and he had character development

WE HAVE 0 IDEA OF WHAT'S AHEAD...0
Rey has all the jedi books. They still have the premonition to deal with. The resistance has to win the hearts of the hearts of the people and take on the empire

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
26168380_10213710961064421_3598430124404118883_n.jpg

:wtf: These muthafukkas are crazy... 30 people gonna defeat an entire army...:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If shyt was sweet there would be no third movie. Not only that, but this means they have room to improve their situation and move towards a better outcome.

The star wars lore is the exact same. The force works the same way, they didn't change the jedi/sith backstory

Snoke was a fraud they added to bait&switch the viewers. How could he be the main villain if he isn't running shyt? People expected him to be a sidius clone and have Kylo as an anakin clone and if that were the case, snoke would be the final boss, but the movie isn't formulaic and he isn't. Luke isn't the hero of the new saga and he had character development

Rey has all the jedi books. They still have the premonition to deal with. The resistance has to win the hearts of the hearts of the people and take on the empire

Dude the Empire strikes Back we only lost han, and they went to get him back. there was STILL a rebel alliance!!!!! :comeon:
How do you improve the situation when it's only 30 resistance fighters and NO FLEET to fight back!!!??:mindblown:
No one is HYPED to see a 9th movie because nothing was answered, and everything was b*stardized... the lore was destroyed, snoke was a waste and luke was a gawddamn waste... How was snoke a fraud TFA had him hyped up to be the big bad and now we gotta deal with kylo ren??? :scust:

How has the resistance has to STILL Win the hearts of the people?!? THAT MAKES NO fukkING SENSE!!!! the first order has literally commited a galaxy wide genocide and the resistance STILL has to win the hearts and minds of the people?!!? ARE YOU fukkING SERIOUS??? :dahell::wtf:

Luke doesnt have to be the hero of the ending saga but if you can't give him a proper sendoff then what was the point?!!? :mindblown: Do you hear yourself??? Rian Johnson destroyed the LORE of the originals and TFA in one fukking movie... Kylo ren is now the main bad guy???:comeon: The rebel alliance has to PROVE themselves?!?:why: WHAT?!?! Your gonna defeat a superior enemy with only 25-30 PEOPLE AND NO FLEET OR RESOURCES?!?! IT'S BULLshyt...

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dude the Empire strikes Back we only lost han, and they went to get him back. there was STILL a rebel alliance!!!!! :comeon:
How do you improve the situation when it's only 30 resistance fighters and NO FLEET to fight back!!!??:mindblown:
No one is HYPED to see a 9th movie because nothing was answered, and everything was b*stardized... the lore was destroyed, snoke was a waste and luke was a gawddamn waste... How was snoke a fraud TFA had him hyped up to be the big bad and now we gotta deal with kylo ren??? :scust:

How has the resistance has to STILL Win the hearts of the people?!? THAT MAKES NO fukkING SENSE!!!! the first order has literally commited a galaxy wide genocide and the resistance STILL has to win the hearts and minds of the people?!!? ARE YOU fukkING SERIOUS??? :dahell::wtf:

Luke doesnt have to be the hero of the ending saga but if you can't give him a proper sendoff then what was the point?!!? :mindblown: Do you hear yourself??? Rian Johnson destroyed the LORE of the originals and TFA in one fukking movie... Kylo ren is now the main bad guy???:comeon: The rebel alliance has to PROVE themselves?!?:why: WHAT?!?! Your gonna defeat a superior enemy with only 25-30 PEOPLE AND NO FLEET OR RESOURCES?!?! IT'S BULLshyt...

I can’t justify spending money on part 9 at this point. There’s nothing in this film that builds towards another movie. It’s only goal was destroy everything the previous 7 movies built up while also in a not so subtle manner pushing a political and feminist agenda even when it gets in the way of story telling because said agenda had next to nothing to do with the story anyway. Women are frequently made to look strong and men to look weak and stupid in the same manner as all the terrible Disney channel sitcoms centered around preteen girls (basically every Disney sitcom on a channel that consists of nothing but said program type) even though it harms the story being told. Why they would want to do this is beyond me. It’s like this film just retconned out the previous 40 years of films while simultaneously having an open ending and building towards nothing whatsoever. Literally everything from parts 1-7 got the :camby:. The walking dead isn’t even this bad at story telling. The only way to salvage the franchise going forward is to retcon this movie out basically. It’s that bad, so if someone can link me to the petition I saw was going around asking for just that, please do so. How is a group that restored democracy and brought down a military empire that blew up planets still supposed to have to win the inspiration of the people even though they’re fighting against a group that’s blown up planets themselves in the last film? What was the point of Luke projecting himself there if that proceeded to kill him anyway :dahell:? Nothing Finn or Poe did mattered in this movie and they have no place left to explore as characters now and there’s no doubt now that Rey is a Mary Sue. She’s not interesting for the same reason that John Cena and Roman reigns respectively haven’t been interesting the last 13 years and the last 3 years in the wrestling ring. A perfect and overpowered character who always wins isn’t interesting even if you try to tell us they’re the underdog. They never lose and the crowd knows it :snooze:. Kylo has caught the beats twice from her. Why should we care what he does now? He’s been soundly defeated and thoroughly outsmarted in the last two films respectively. He has no credibility and no depth as a bad guy now, especially with Snoke gone and no signs we’ll explore him at all. Carrie Fisher is dead now so she won’t be in the next movie either. This leaves us with a few poorly developed characters with no story arc left to explore now and a Mary Sue while a 20 person resistance with no weapons left has to fight off a first order that no sold their Death Star being destroyed and still possesses an armada seemingly bigger than anything the empire ever built. I’m disgusted. I think I’m gonna get rid of the bad taste of this being the most recent Star Wars film I’ve watched with the phantom menace :scust:

Last edited: