Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Did you not read the opening crawl?

& Palpatine states to the Senate:
The film never explores this beyond written text of the opening credits and a throwaway line from one of the most sleep inducing scenes of the film though. It’s a bare bones comment that 95% of the audience would forget five minutes later. It’s never explored or referenced by the apparent antagonists of the story. No consequence from their invasion is ever shown. No people suffering or buildings being destroyed. If the motivation of your main villain isn’t explored beyond opening text of the film, it’s barely motivation at all.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
:lolbron: I WAS hyped about seeing it on the big screen but then I heard it sucked so like a good consumer I at least watched a part of it and kept going....

And luckily I wasnt conned into paying $20 for this bullshyt...:mjlol:

BECAUSE THE MOVIE WAS fukkING TRASH.... :pacspit:
:gucci:Wait...So as a life long alledged die hard star wars fan, you didnt see it in the theater, opening night? Any true negatives about the movie happened after it opened breh...before it opened critics raved about it...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:gucci:Wait...So as a life long alledged die hard star wars fan, you didnt see it in the theater, opening night? Any true negatives about the movie happened after it opened breh...before it opened critics raved about it...

THE CRITICS ARE WRONG.....:hhh:

not every movie that comes out deserves your hard earned money...:hhh: Some movies really are dvd rental period...:martin:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
THE CRITICS ARE WRONG.....:hhh:

not every movie that comes out deserves your hard earned money...:hhh: Some movies really are dvd rental period...:martin:
But its fukking star wars...and you are a self proclaimed star wars die hard :russ:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The more I think about it the more :martin: :pacspit: I get about what RJ did with this movie. This film the more I think about it is basically meant to totally destroy everything about the Star Wars universe, from the mythology, to the rules of its technology, to the core principles that it’s characters adhere to, seemingly for no reason at all unless you want to drive old fans away all while presenting Rey as a Mary Sue. This all happens while the film also doesn’t even follow the rules of basic fiction story telling. This is more damaging to the brand and narrative than the phantom menace or attack of the clones were and after a full day of thinking about it I’m not sure I can say this was better than either of those films, and they were abominations to movie making with how bad the story telling, script, dialogue, and acting were. This video spells it out pretty well too: If the force awakens was a love letter to Star Wars, this film was hate mail to it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
But its fukking star wars...and you are a self proclaimed star wars die hard :russ:

And I was a die hard mass effect stan too, until.....THE...LAST....TEN.... MINUTES....OF...MASS..EFFECT...3... WHEN CASEY HUDSON DESTROYED THE STORY AND THE UNIVERSE BY HAVING THE HERO NEEDLESSLY SACRIFICE HIMSELF ON SOME BULLshyt SO THAT WAY THEY COULD MILK THE SERIES IN SPINOFFS!!!! AND WAS WIDELY PANNED BY FANS AS BULLshyt!!!! ....AND WE NEVER GOT A FINAL BOSS BATTLE...

:mindblown::pacspit::martin: fukk EA, fukk CASEY HUDSON, fukk THAT DUMBASS WRITER FOR AGREEING TO THAT DUMB shyt WITH THAT BULLshyt ENDING!!!

EDIT: does anyone NOT see the similarities between TLJ and mass effect 3 series??? sloppy ass writing can doom a franchise...:snoop:

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The film never explores this beyond written text of the opening credits and a throwaway line from one of the most sleep inducing scenes of the film though.

It’s never explored or referenced by the apparent antagonists of the story. If the motivation of your main villain isn’t explored beyond opening text of the film, it’s barely motivation at all.
Completely disagree with the bolded :manny:

And there are additional scenes that reinforce the motivation of Gunray (and by extension Sidious)

Nute Gunray: At last we're getting results. Again you come before us your highness.
Queen Amidala: You will not be so pleased when you hear what I have to say, viceroy. Your trade boycott of our planet has ended.
Nute Gunray: [smirks] I was not aware of such failure.
Queen Amidala: I have word that the chancellor's ambassadors are with you now and that you have been commanded to reach settlement.
Nute Gunray: I know nothing of any ambassadors. You must be mistaken.
Queen Amidala: Beware, Viceroy. The Federation has gone too far this time.
Nute Gunray: We would never do anything without the approval to the senate. You assume too much.
Queen Amidala: We will see.

BIBBLE: How will you explain this invasion to the Senate?

GUNRAY: The Queen and I will sign a treaty that will legitimize our occupation here. I have assurances it will be ratified by the Senate.

SEBE [as Queen]: I will not cooperate.

GUNRAY: Now, now, your highness. In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view.

Darth Sidious: And Queen Amidala, has she signed the treaty?

Nute Gunray: She has... disappeared, my lord. One Naboo cruiser got past the blockade.

Darth Sidious: I want that treaty signed!

No consequence from their invasion is ever shown. No people suffering or buildings being destroyed.
Sure, the film doesn't show Naboo civilians being murdered by the Trade Federation, but there are consequences to the invasion. Some were killed, the rest were sent to labour camps, and the blockade cut off essential supplies.

Gunray: Commander, process them.
Droid: Captain, take them to Camp 4.

Sio Bibble: The death toll is catastrophic. We must bow to their wishes. You must contact me.

Queen Amidala: I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Lol this guy.:russ:

Rian Johnson literally stole scenes from ESB and ROTJ but it's something new reinventing the franchise.:russ:

All this dude did was change the twists of previous films. That doesn't make it brilliant or insightful. It's dumb, lazy, and a disservice to the audience. Disney owns star wars. There is 40 years worth of EU stories that don't share any similarity to the events that occur in the main 6 films. All that source material and he just rewrote some older movies. FOH.

I'm STILL waiting on somebody to point out the new changes this movie takes that separate it from the OT narratively. The only major new plot development is forceskype and that's not exciting enough to carry Goodwill into EP 9.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Sad thing is they have to complete the trilogy somehow, but with ep 8 being mostly regression, plot holes and wasted screen time, the next
movie would have to either:

Have movies that take place between ep 8-9

Be 4-6 hours long

And we know the latter isn't happening
Ep. 9 might be trash by default :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Sad thing is they have to complete the trilogy somehow, but with ep 8 being mostly regression, plot holes and wasted screen time, the next
movie would have to either:

Have movies that take place between ep 8-9

Be 4-6 hours long

And we know the latter isn't happening
Ep. 9 might be trash by default :francis:

That's why I'm not gonna see it...:manny: fukk this bullshyt... They should have just let JJ abrahms write the entire shyt instead of letting rian johnson in...

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The forceskype has been done before in Episode 5 & 6 remember?!!?:mjlol::heh: it's just the last jedi version was more refined...

It's not even new...:heh:
This fukk boi RJ man:snoop:

I don't approve of folks sending the man death threats on Twitter but goodness gracious this gets more pitiful Everytime I think about it.
When folks on YouTube have to fix your 200 million dollar film you may have fukked up.
No one expected greatness, just passable mediocrity.

I will give it a month or two for people who liked it to be like:patrice::dwillhuh::jbhmm::beli::leostare::what::scust::scust: