Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking about how they treated Luke in this really makes me appreciate how Ryan Coogler treated Rocky in Creed. Rocky was old, bitter and giving up on life in that flick too but he still felt like Rocky, just a natural progression of his character, and that film did a much better job of showing how a mentor and a protege can influence and motivate each other. And it had a much better emotional payoff as a result.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Just curious is there anyone that can legit say that Rey, Finn and Poe are great characters? For a protagonist Rey is fukking awful nothing to her.:scust: And it’s not because she is female it’s because she is a badly written character.

Kylo Ren had so much potential because he was the grandson of Vader, nephew to ultimate Neo-Jedi Hero Luke, son to Princess/General war hero resistance fighter Leia and smuggler turned war general Han. He had so much to live up to and they didn't even explore that angle.

Finn, a programmed/conditioned Stormtropper that broke free during his first battle. Why? How? And if he broke off, why does he keep saying they're evil? That's all he knows, so for him to suddenly see it from another perspective was something to explore. Once again, so much wasted potential.

Rey, eh....I got nothing. Matter of fact, why is she even in the mix? Han was looking for a job to pay off the bounty on his head. He got sucked into it, and grew fond of them. Rey was just there.

Yup. They'r all trash. So far, one of the better characters has been Billie Lourd.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I like Rey because shes an aggressive character that makes hard choices which she thinks through and we the audience understand her thought process.

Reminds me of a KOTOR create-a-character. Generic, overpowered but effective

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps
another thing, just dawned on me how stupid the force projection part was. so you have this superpowered telekinetic that no one can kill but you and maybe one other girl in the WHILE galaxy and instead of going and wasting this guy, you do a force ghost so like five people can get away? god, that shyt was lame as fukk brehs. just a complete lack of strategy from a legendary warrior.
And the worst part was Luke sacrificing himself still technically wasnt enough. Rey's untrained ass still had to lift a shyt ton of boulders with the force in order for them to escape the cave. Completely undermined what Luke just did because if she wasnt unrealistically powerful they wouldve all still died from being trapped. This movie was trash breh :francis:

EDIT:

And then Rey tells Leia that she felt him die in the force. Like how the hell are you this powerful :mjlol:

Last edited:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And the worst part was Luke sacrificing himself still technically wasnt enough. Rey's untrained ass still had to lift a shyt ton of boulders with the force in order for them to escape the cave. Completely undermined what Luke just did because if she wasnt unrealistically powerful they wouldve all still died from being trapped. This movie was trash breh :francis:

EDIT:

And then Rey tells Leia that she felt him die in the force. Like how the hell are you this powerful :mjlol:
Leia was there they would've been fine. Leia could've moved the boulders.:mjlol:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
51% now

giphy.gif

Phantom Menace fans:

giphy.gif
All the prequels audience scores are rated higher :laff:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Disney thinks they can't lose with star wars no matter what. The cracks are showing more than ever as these movies will begin to gross less and less. If that Han Solo movie is really bad, gonna be interesting.
:gucci:The last jedi is on pace for 1.6 billion....

But yea they woulda been better off releasing Solo either in march, black friday or right before christmas....cause it has a better chance against Aquaman than the deadpool/infinity wars combo, followed shortly by Jurassic World 2

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Thinking about how they treated Luke in this really makes me appreciate how Ryan Coogler treated Rocky in Creed. Rocky was old, bitter and giving up on life in that flick too but he still felt like Rocky, just a natural progression of his character, and that film did a much better job of showing how a mentor and a protege can influence and motivate each other. And it had a much better emotional payoff as a result.
They could have achieved the same result while still maintaining the characters.

After kylo flees, luke tries to find him to make things right, but he cant find him. He cant sense him in the force either because Snoke is blocking him. So he goes to leia, and tells her what happened. Leia gets mad her brother wanted to kill her son, and they have a falling out. Luke, feeling alone and guilty, goes into isolation.

Same shyt as the movie but luke doesnt look like a coward after giving up right away.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
how long would obi-wan have lasted against palpatine and could yoda and obi-wan have beaten palpatine

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

Ryan Coogler is cut from a different cloth. I'd say him Damian Chazelle and maybe Gareth Evans are the best young directors in Hollywood. I hope they all succeed and studios give young directors a shot.

Rian Johnson is still considered young as a director and he's a little bit over 40.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
how long would obi-wan have lasted against palpatine and could yoda and obi-wan have beaten palpatine

Obi would've been treated like Mace's backup and gotten a one hitter quitter. The only reason he could fight Anakin is because he got into his feels about it, the Dooku fight established that Anakin was a better fighter than him (He's also backing Obi-Wan down the whole fight).