Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I love how now the RT score that matters is the audience one and that even though it's 50/50 (understandably so) the narrative is that the movie is considered garbage most fans :pachaha:

I'm pro Last Jedi but I was :dead: when Rian Johnson said the line was uttered in the movie. So then fans attributed it to BB8 in the first scene, when Poe tells him "Happy beeps here, buddy, come on". I honestly give two shyts about that line being in the movie or not but that's convenient as fukk :pachaha:
I don't think you realize how bad a 53%audience score is. The vast majority of films rate over 60%.

I'm not saying that makes it bad or that it's a bad film but 53% is pretty bad. Especially for a blockbuster. Transformers 2 has a higher audience rating. Let that sink in

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I don't think you realize how bad a 53%audience score is. The vast majority of films rate over 60%.

I'm not saying that makes it bad or that it's a bad film but 53% is pretty bad. Especially for a blockbuster. Transformers 2 has a higher audience rating. Let that sink in

Remember how RT scores mattered when BvS dropped :lolbron:

I see a lot of :whoa: now, and at the same time people seem to agree that the positive critical reviews are a bit dodgy :sas2:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

I see a lot of :whoa: now, and at the same time people seem to agree that the positive critical reviews are a bit dodgy :sas2:
Yeah its been amusing to Watch the media going full retard caping for this film. Article after article spinning the audience reaction,spinning the box office drops.

They aren't even trying to hide how blatant their bias and agenda is.

Still haven't seen the film so I can't speak on quality but I've been :popcorn: watching all this unfold.

It's funny seeing the media turn into the equivalent of us BVS defenders. It's fans too. This really is like watching BVS reaction again except the media is the ones all on tlj nuts.

I saw star wars fans having meltdowns somehow blaming Zack Snyder and dceu fans for all This :laff:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Batman V Superman had an actual payoff in the end. Wonder Woman's scenes alone shyt on anything that happened in the entire Star Wars TLJ movie. TLJ basically had no great final battle. This movie is Matrix Revolutions level bad except that movie had a cool final battle and TLJ didn't.

It's pretty clear to me this "trilogy" wasn't even planned and the director and writers are just winging it from movie to movie with no necessary end point in sight. I mean this is Lost level winging it.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Luke was never Finn incompetent in the movie. He's traumatized because of his failure as a master and realizing that the Jedi are a bunch of religious freaks that become to damn arrogant because they believe they are on the "good side".

Luke was never a perfect hero, he had a bunch of flaws during the OG trilogy. I don't get why people can't even fathom him being emotionally vulnerable when that's all he is during the first 2 movies and it's something that pretty much comes with the Skywalker genes.

I understand WANTING to see him beast with a lightsaber, give work to people and be a huge badass, and being underwhelmed by him being something completely different - though he does show the biggest feat of strength in the Force we've ever seen so far - but him being a scared old man scarred by his mistakes, like Yoda and Obi Wan, is at least in the realm of possibility. Not liking it is one thing, but treating his arc like blasphemy I don't agree at all.
Luke was a major fukkup until ROTJ.. but that's what people loved about him and made his character stand out. The problem with Luke in The Last Jedi is that he's rotting away on that island as a cranky miserable pos. Go watch A New Hope. Luke was hyper active-ADD type who was dying to get off that shytty azz farm and go to flight school. And later he became one of the best pilots in the galaxy.. always on the move. always on the go. His last name is Skywalker meaning he's in the clouds. But here he is hiding out on this island sucking on Brontosauras titties for spoiled green milk catching exotic pike with spears and shyt.. like this ain't the Luke we grew to love:hhh: The X-Wing is buried at sea, like nicca raise that up out of the water grab R2 and take to the sky again. Like somebody else said previously, we needed like two movies of him leading up to him being a recluse angry hermit than to jump right into it.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I really liked the film a lot it felt like a risky venture for a Disney property

A lot marvel films are scarred to pull the trigger it'why I hate civil war .. in last Jedi people died and the story changed

The fight in the throne room in the end of the second act should been the climax

Man Finn got played as a charcter in this story .

I do think the last battle was a bit of a mess.

I guess this is a a spoiler

these movies are a play on old war world 2 films and old samurai films the prequels mad the light saber fights kind of rediculus ... they really should study the old movies and gave mark, a decent last fight .. no cgi filps but why make him the opposite of Ben as a teacher and have him die the same way :stopitslime:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Yes as an 8 yr old and a teenager. She had no feelins for him ane called him creepy when she first saw him again. She tells him ahe loves him after he risks his life multiple times for her. Mind you that was also after he murdered a village of tusken raider men woman and children. Lol.

What's even more creepier? She fell for him right after he told her what he did.

Anakin: I murdered a tribe of Tusken Raiders including the women and children.
Padme: Marry me and sire my children. :wub:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Luke was a major fukkup until ROTJ.. but that's what people loved about him and made his character stand out. The problem with Luke in The Last Jedi is that he's rotting away on that island as a cranky miserable pos. Go watch A New Hope. Luke was hyper active-ADD type who was dying to get off that shytty azz farm and go to flight school. And later he became one of the best pilots in the galaxy.. always on the move. always on the go. His last name is Skywalker meaning he's in the clouds. But here he is hiding out on this island sucking on Brontosauras titties for spoiled green milk catching exotic pike with spears and shyt.. like this ain't the Luke we grew to love:hhh: The X-Wing is buried at sea, like nicca raise that up out of the water grab R2 and take to the sky again. Like somebody else said previously, we needed like two movies of him leading up to him being a recluse angry hermit than to jump right into it.

Thank you.

Art Barr

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I can totally understand that :ehh:

I've never cared about RT scores, audience or critics :hubie:

I guess I would be more "corncerned" if every platform was as 50/50 as RT but that's not the case or at least it wasn't until last weekend. The IMDB score was pretty good (high 7s) same with cinemascore. And you can vote on RT without even watching the film :pachaha: (same with imdb iirc) so I don't get the obessesion with those scores.

I guess people crave validation on their takes and will take them from wherever. People that hate the film will look for the audience score (which has never mattered as a talking point) and people that love will go to the critics score (which is waaaay too overrated) :manny: