Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed it. It had some stupid shyt yes, but I enjoyed it. The pretentiousness of Star Wars fans is obnoxious. If episodes IV-VI came out brand new today y'all would be endlessly dissecting and complaining about that too. :shaq2:

I get if you had some gripes, but too me overall it was still a good fun movie.

They was endlessly dissecting and complaining V & VI upon their released. Yes, EVEN Empire Strikes Back was hated on back in the day and had the lowest box office numbers out of all of the original trilogy. No matter which generation from whatever era, Star War fans would always bytch and complain what THEY expect Star Wars to be.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Now that I think about it. It makes sense that Finn is so worthless. He was trained to be a drone that was going to be canon fodder for the rebel alliance or he would have just died as he was running into the room like half the storm troopers in episode 4 through 6 did during every milleneum falcon escape. It makes sense.

It’s like, I wanted Finn to be was TR 88 was in episode 7, but he just isn’t, at all.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I read this thread and other complaints I start to think that Disney’s mistake in this was bringing the Skywalkers back.

There was really nothing more to their story to bring after ROTJ.

So TFA ends up being a :flabbynsick: reunion episode esque remake of ANH and this one tries to shyt on it by going back and relitigating decades old lore. I think if you were going to do that Rey should have been the one to come to the conclusion that Luke did about the Jedi and tell us instead of Luke, it makes the story better imo and makes her a more compelling character. Instead I don’t give a shyt about her.

There was an opportunity here to tell a completely new story and they got caught between trying to keep old fans and bring in new ones

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
False. The prequels are universally panned but there are good things like Darth Mail and the last hour of Sith.

The clone wars and rebels animations have received numerous awards. The expanded universe similarly are considered great books.

TFA was ok, if a bit derivative at least it felt like Star Wars. And most thought Rogue One was good as well.

TLK is getting shyt on because the plot is shyt. It wins on it's visuals. Plot wise and character development wise it's average at best

Movies breh. Now in hindsight the prequels did some good things and TFA wasn't that bad. Like I said y'all are jokes:mjlol:

Every single one of you going to watch episode 9 regardless of how "bad" you heard it is.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
haven't seen it yet but I heard it literally answered no questions from episode 7 and did a lot of dumb sh1t with several characters

Unless episode 9 is some epic Logan type film this trilogy will probably be rated below the prequels when its all said and done it seems

Atleast we did get a classic trilogy this gen tho (Star trek/Into Darkness/Beyond)

:blessed: