Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fn pawgin and paagin homos wan't him to be gay so bad

Finn wasn't PAWGin. Rey friendzoned his ass like a motherfukker. :heh:

That's ultimately my biggest problem with this movie. Finn serves NO purpose. His whole subplot with Rose amounted to absolutely nothing in the context of the rest of the film, and should have been cut out. That was just an hour of wasted time.

Apparently they were gonna kill Poe Dameron in The Force Awakens until Oscar Isaac begged them not to, and Finn's role was supposed to be what Poe's role was in this movie, and it shows. Poe acts like a hotheaded dumbass for most of this movie, then Finn does when he wants to destroy the cannon on the salt planet, and it would have made sense because Finn didn't have that type of military training or expertise. Plus he would have been so hotheaded because he was trying to try anything to get back to Rey.

Speaking of which, whatever they plan on doing with Finn and Rey, the need to end that shyt immediately in the next film. I don't want a drawn out "Let's be friends" talk, or some stupid love triangle with Rose, just end it. This nikka really woke up from a fukking coma like, "Where da white women at? Where's Rey?" Like damn, nikka, she ain't even let you hit. :dahell: And before she told Chewbacca to send that message to him, I was like, Rey is not thinking about this dude at all.

I was trying to defend Finn after Force Awakens, but this dude is one of the most disappointing characters ever. :snoop:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i don't think snoke is dead, he did the same hologram sh!t as luke
hes gone dude. the lightsabre had no effect on luke at the end, his LS had a mighty effect. they even zoom in on his face to confirm it when hux walks in

for the people complaining about rose fallin for finn in 18 hrs... anakin and padme was the same thing. people fall in love after going thru shyt together (OR SO THE MOVIES SAY lol)/ people keep shytting on him for askin where rey is at not remembering he basically has been knocked unconscious for a week from a lightsabre to the dome.. rey coulda been dead fr all he know

finn was a diff character in this movie .. and any respect earned was thrown away when he called phasma chrome dome

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
hes gone dude. the lightsabre had no effect on luke at the end, his LS had a mighty effect. they even zoom in on his face to confirm it when hux walks in

for the people complaining about rose fallin for finn in 18 hrs... anakin and padme was the same thing. people fall in love after going thru shyt together (OR SO THE MOVIES SAY lol)/ people keep shytting on him for askin where rey is at not remembering he basically has been knocked unconscious for a week from a lightsabre to the dome.. rey coulda been dead fr all he know

finn was a diff character in this movie .. and any respect earned was thrown away when he called phasma chrome dome

They at least had 10 years in between their first traumatic problems

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
my homie was hyping up Phasma hard leading into this and i joked "she'll probably get Boba Fett'd" and i just watched the movie and exactly that happened...i laughed so loud...shyt is hilarious
Boba at least tracked han to Lando. Phasma did nothing in two movies, except get a gun put to her and lower the shields immediately in TFA. Then she dies in TLJ in a laughable manner

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Shout out to Double Toasted and Red Letter Media for being some of the few to stand up against this non-sense. Invites-to-premier-events be damned! I'm starting to believe in the Disney-Reviewer Industrial Complex.

"I felt nothing when several major characters died; the movie was too long; a 3rd of the movie was corny, pointless and reminded me of the prequels; Rey was a Mary Sue; Fin was a buffoon who mopped the floors; the kiss/love came out of nowhere; the pacing was completely off; the storytelling was contrived and full of plot holes; that was stupid when Rey went into that black hole then started snapping her fingers and touched a mirror....9 out of 10!"

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it a lot more the Force Awakens. I think people went in with their own head canon of how they feel the story is suppose to be and they got something completely different. In a way it's like the prequel trilogy (which I'm a big fan of)
I thinks it's interesting that you say this because you have to actually submit yourself to a lot of headcanon to make sense of things that happened in TLJ.

Edit: Also head canon isnt typically used to explain a future event but rather explain an event that has already happened.

People theorizing who Rey's parents were isn't head canon.

People explaining why Rey wanted to wait for people she knew weren't coming back for her is head canon.

We were lead to believe that Rey possibly didn't even know what her parents looked like in TFA. But that may not even be the case anymore.

From a story perspective it felt like we the audience were going to find out Rey's parentage alongside her but it turns out she knew all along and the audience were the ones left out which seems like an odd direction to have that story end up. We didn't even get the satisfaction of finding out "with" Rey that her parents were nobodies.

Last edited: