Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

calh45

Cal
Daps
LOL! I just knew I'd see this shyt on here. Throughout the whole movie I was wondering how many white boys were thinking "No war room has this many brown people or women in it". I thought that perhaps because white men tend to say the same thing about seeing brown folks in their beloved fantasy movies, that perhaps black men would be more open to seeing women instead of parroting the same shyt they say about y'all when they see you in their movies. But no, same shyt, different flavor.

This is a fantasy movie. None of this shyt is realistic. It's funny how people like to pick and choose what should be realistic when it comes to race and gender but will argue all day about who should be force sensitive. gtfo.

:stopitslime:
Stop being dumb. The main leads in Rogue One were women and I thought that shyt was dope af. You can't have Finn being called a fukking hero and make the steps he made in the last movie then in this one have his opening scene be goofy comic relief and have him being scared of being questioned by a mechanic.

Ain't nobody got no issues with women leading but I do have a problem with them making all of the men inept and incapable to pump up the women. They literally wrote every prominent man as a buffoon. Hux went from capable and solid in the last movie to shook as fukk in this one

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:stopitslime:
Stop being dumb. The main leads in Rogue One were women and I thought that shyt was dope af. You can't have Finn being called a fukking hero and make the steps he made in the last movie then in this one have his opening scene be goofy comic relief and have him being scared of being questioned by a mechanic.

Ain't nobody got no issues with women leading but I do have a problem with them making all of the men inept and incapable to pump up the women. They literally wrote every prominent man as a buffoon. Hux went from capable and solid in the last movie to shook as fukk in this one

Bullshyt, go through the Rogue One thread. The same shyt was said in that thread that's said in any thread where there's a woman in a war room or battlefield. Hux was always a dumbass. Poe sonned Hux twice in this movie and then he got sonned by Kylo, but you're crying about the one time a woman did it. Really?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
LOL! I just knew I'd see this shyt on here. Throughout the whole movie I was wondering how many white boys were thinking "No war room has this many brown people or women in it". I thought that perhaps because white men tend to say the same thing about seeing brown folks in their beloved fantasy movies, that perhaps black men would be more open to seeing women instead of parroting the same shyt they say about y'all when they see you in their movies. But no, same shyt, different flavor.

This is a fantasy movie. None of this shyt is realistic. It's funny how people like to pick and choose what should be realistic when it comes to race and gender but will argue all day about who should be force sensitive. gtfo.

The only prominent Black character is being used to prop up female characters. First Rey and now this new Asian broad. Probably another one in the next entry.

Finn is made permanently incompetent and given 0 wins to make them look good and more importantly better.

Of course there's a damn agenda at play.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But after listening to all that shyt talking he got the W over Snoke in the end :sas1:
No he didn't. He may have killed but Kylo still a bytch. Snoke force ghost should lean over his ass like:umad:
How you let that girl beat you again. And Luke sonned you from across the Galaxy.
Ya bish:dahell:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Got tickets for tomorrow at 1130 am.

Is this really trash or is the coli just being the coli as usual?

Movie is fine man...star wars fans are the weirdest movie goers.

star wars fans watched The Force Awakens and hated it, then they push kids over in line go see THE LAST JEDI

giphy.gif

star wars fans will run out to see the movies just to call em TRASH. :mjlol:

but it's just the older ones man, the kids and people in their 20's are cool with the movies...go see it man it's fun.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they didn't kill off Snoke for good. If he is actually Darth Plagueis, then it would make sense for him not to die since he could cheat death. I hope he comes back and everyone is hella shocked at his return and kylo asks how he came back, then Snoke responds with a paraphrased version of that talk that Palpatine gave to Anakin in episode 3.

Like "there was a dark lord of the sith so powerful and so wise he could use the force to influence the midichlorians, to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying..."
That shyt would be lit tbh. :krs:
Then Kylo gotta face off against him, but ends up dying, then it's up to Rey alone to defeat him.
The scene with force ghost yoda was probably the dopest scene in the movie for me, and the fact that they used puppet yoda and not the cgi one from the prequels was :banderas:
Tbh tho Anakin's lightsaber has fukked up so many people, it's actually kinda crazy

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
i watched it today, 5/10

i think Leia surviving in space was just her having the power of the force and being the sperm of anakin, didn't yoda say his power level was high for a kid on episode 1? :ehh:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he didn't. He may have killed but Kylo still a bytch. Snoke force ghost should lean over his ass like:umad:
How you let that girl beat you again. And Luke sonned you from across the Galaxy.
Ya bish:dahell:
:yeshrug: Dude proved Snoke didn't have him under his control and is now the Supreme Leader of the First Order. Whether Kylo is still a bytch or not, that's a W

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i watched it today, 5/10

i think Leia surviving in space was just her having the power of the force and being the sperm of anakin, didn't yoda say his power level was high for a kid on episode 1? :ehh:

Years he felt the force and basically flew back to the ship. Lame scene used to introduce the Vice Admiral.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How didn't he come to his sister's rescue? She was about to be blown to bits had he not intervened. Dudes talking about he went out weak....The nikka pulled off the greatest feat ever seen by a force user and literally saved the resistance by sacrificing his life. Is that not what a hero does? I'm hoping they renig on him being a force ghost, but wouldn't be mad if that was truly his end
His feat isn't that impressive as he was a glorified diversion he also wasted time by not saying what he was doing . Snoke was force linking two force users across the universe . Also for bonus points Haldo could of told Poe her plan it was unnecessary

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
They didn't explain how Leia suddenly got ELITE jedi force powers, huh?

she's the daughter of anakin :yeshrug:

Leia’s connection with the Force has been briefly touched upon in the films, and usually, her connection has to do with her own sense of empathy. Despite the intensity of her situation, Leia is able to focus on Luke’s call for help toward the end of The Empire Strikes Back, and can sense that he’s safe without being on the same planet as him at the end of Return of the Jedi. In one of the most heart-wrenching shots of the entire saga, Leia slowly crumbles to the ground when Han Solo is killed far away on Starkiller Base by their son, Kylo Ren, in The Force Awakens (gosh, that physically hurt to type). Beyond these instances, Leia’s unique relationship with the Force has grown through new adventures in books and comics, adding rich new relevancy to her growing understanding of the Force.

more here http://www.starwars.com/news/strong-in-my-family-exploring-leias-unique-relationship-with-the-force

Leia is force - sensitive and although, she never trained to become a Jedi, she has used the Force numerous times.

In the canon Star Wars book, Aftermath: Life Debt, Leia senses her child is a boy as well as the dark side:

"...Her thoughts reach for her wayward brother like a living thing, like branches seeking he sun. I need you here. I need your help. Luke sometimes had a farm boy's naïveté, yes, but right now she feels she could use a little of that. Her mind is a tangle of thoughts. The complexities of politics, the love of (and anger over) Han, the loss of Luke, and above all else the ever persistent worry about the life she carries--- Her skin tingles. Her mind feels suddenly unmoved from the rest of her. Leia feels dizzy enough to fall over. Oh. Oh, my! There! There it is. Washing over her and through her---and awareness unlike any she's ever felt before. A pulsing glow, flickering and strong. It's not the plant. It's not Luke. It's not even Han. It's her child. This isn't just a mother's recognition of the life inside---that she already knows....This is something separate from her. It isn't a physical feeling. It is all around her.....As such, she is suddenly aware of her child's mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter! Wait. He? It's a boy. It's a boy. Her hands fly in front of her mouth as she both laughs and cries at the same time. This, she thinks, is the light side that Luke always goes on about---the promise of light, the promise of a new life...and then, the black edging of the dark side encircles her bliss like a noose. Because what rides swift on the heels of hope but fear--a fear that stretches out far and wide like a growing shadow....."

Through several canon comic books, Leia is seen fighting with a lightsaber and She also sees Padme's protrait turn and stare at her. She also senses Maul's presence in the palace of Theed from where he stood years ago.

In another canon Star Wars book, Bloodline, there are other examples of Leia's force-sensitivity:

Bloodline, p49

"...Leia mentally cataloged that name for later. Maybe her curiosity had only seized upon a random group of people, frequent gamblers who would naturally visit a world like this often, calmer than most. Her suspicion of them was only a hunch, but her hunches often proved to be right. Luke said those strong instincts of hers served as proof of the Force, evidence that it was working through her all the time..."

In the films, various scenes showed Leia's force-sensitivity:

Leia doesn't give away where the plans for the Death Star are located, despite interrogations and pain (Episode IV)

She knew the Millennium Falcon was being tracked (Episode IV)

Leia senses something is wrong in Cloud City and is distrustful of Lando (Episode V):

LEIA: Something's wrong here! No one has seen or knows anything about Threepio. He's been gone too long to have gotten lost. Han takes Leia by the shoulders and gently kisses her forehead

HAN: Relax. I'll talk to Lando and see what I can find out.

LEIA: I don't trust Lando

Leia hears Luke's SOS call through the Force (Episode V)

Leia remembers her mother (presumably through the Force) (Episode VI)

Leia always knew Luke was her brother (Episode VI):

LUKE: Yes, it's you, Leia.

LEIA: I know...somehow, I've always known

Leia senses Luke left the Death Star and is alright (Episode VI)

In The Force Awakens novelization, Leia senses the deaths on Hosnian Prime as the system is destroyed

She senses some light in her son, Kylo Ren (Episode VII)

She senses Han's death (Episode VII)

@Grand Conde lame scene yeah but remember it was two grunt fighter jets that fire the shoots instead of the son :yeshrug:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they didn't kill off Snoke for good. If he is actually Darth Plagueis, then it would make sense for him not to die since he could cheat death. I hope he comes back and everyone is hella shocked at his return and kylo asks how he came back, then Snoke responds with a paraphrased version of that talk that Palpatine gave to Anakin in episode 3.

Like "there was a dark lord of the sith so powerful and so wise he could use the force to influence the midichlorians, to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying..."
That shyt would be lit tbh. :krs:
Then Kylo gotta face off against him, but ends up dying, then it's up to Rey alone to defeat him.
The scene with force ghost yoda was probably the dopest scene in the movie for me, and the fact that they used puppet yoda and not the cgi one from the prequels was :banderas:
Tbh tho Anakin's lightsaber has fukked up so many people, it's actually kinda crazy

lol. not going to happen brah. i was hoping that for the last jedi.

these new hipsters in charge threw everything in the bushes just to be edgy.