Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
This movie basically destroyed all the theory videos at YouTube leading up to this movie :russ:

Hell they can't make no theory videos after this movie because there's nothing to talk about because almost all been answered or bushed :mjlol:

am i the only one that was taken aback by the astonishing lack of MEN leading the resistance? aside from poe and finn (who is a beta male himself)... i don't think there were any other notable male characters.

i mean i know it's 2017 and 'yay for diversity'... but do you truly think we'll ever see the day where military forces are dominantly comprised of women? OLD women? did this not ring insanely false for anyone else?

i think back to the war room scene in ANH when they're going over the attack on the death star... it felt like an actual war room... with soldiers... and pilots. it felt real.

meanwhile the resistance got the fukkin golden girls leading the charge and they wonder why they're losing the war.
I was slumped in the seats at how bytch made they wrote Luke and Finn (they had him jumping at everything and hiding behind that girl the entire movie), how dumb they made Poe, and how overpowered Rey was. The entire movie went out of its way to push the women to the forefront on the good side for no real reason
I thought I was the only one that noticed this.

But there will be some that will still deny there isn't any liberal feminist agenda in this movie and TFA :mjpls:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
am i the only one that was taken aback by the astonishing lack of MEN leading the resistance? aside from poe and finn (who is a beta male himself)... i don't think there were any other notable male characters.

i mean i know it's 2017 and 'yay for diversity'... but do you truly think we'll ever see the day where military forces are dominantly comprised of women? OLD women? did this not ring insanely false for anyone else?

i think back to the war room scene in ANH when they're going over the attack on the death star... it felt like an actual war room... with soldiers... and pilots. it felt real.

meanwhile the resistance got the fukkin golden girls leading the charge and they wonder why they're losing the war.

Wait. Luke said this shyt and it wasn't plastered everywhere?? I convinced Disney paid every reviewer off because this movie should've been dragged across the internet and all I read was how "amazing" it was outside of here. I was slumped in the seats at how bytch made they wrote Luke and Finn (they had him jumping at everything and hiding behind that girl the entire movie), how dumb they made Poe, and how overpowered Rey was. The entire movie went out of its way to push the women to the forefront on the good side for no real reason

This movie basically destroyed all the theory videos at YouTube leading up to this movie :russ:

Hell they can't make no theory videos after this movie because there's nothing to talk about because almost all been answered or bushed :mjlol:

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.

But there will be some that will still deny there isn't any liberal feminist agenda in this movie and TFA :mjpls:

LOL! I just knew I'd see this shyt on here. Throughout the whole movie I was wondering how many white boys were thinking "No war room has this many brown people or women in it". I thought that perhaps because white men tend to say the same thing about seeing brown folks in their beloved fantasy movies, that perhaps black men would be more open to seeing women instead of parroting the same shyt they say about y'all when they see you in their movies. But no, same shyt, different flavor.

This is a fantasy movie. None of this shyt is realistic. It's funny how people like to pick and choose what should be realistic when it comes to race and gender but will argue all day about who should be force sensitive. gtfo.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
One of the most polarizing aspects was Rey's parentage. I love how they didn't make her a Kenobi, Skywalker, Solo or a part of another existing Star Wars family. It would have made it really predictable. But without that, there is no good reason to explain Rey's force calling without mentioning the dreaded midichlorians.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
One of the most polarizing aspects was Rey's parentage. I love how they didn't make her a Kenobi, Skywalker, Solo or a part of another existing Star Wars family. It would have made it really predictable. But without that, there is no good reason to explain Rey's force calling without mentioning the dreaded midichlorians.

That part didn't bother me really. Another cool thing about that
was the way they showed the little boy at the end pulling the broom to him without touching it. It's obvious he's force sensitive and maybe that's the message, since the force is in anything, you don't have to be from a certain bloodline to have the calling.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boy my opinions on this movie seems to be completely different from everyone here. Don't really rank it any better or worse than TFA but I enjoyed it all the same. There were some issues with it like pacing but I'm just not understanding the overwhelming hate by some people.

One thing I will say is TFA was more focused and tighter in execution. This kind of felt like RTJ.

same shyt i said to someone when they asked about the film...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn isn't even doing it all for Rey anymore :dahell:

If you can't notice his growth and that he's fighting for a larger purpose and trust me you guys would have been pissed if he succeeded in that moment.

that isnt true...she was the sole reason he did 99% of the shyt in this film...the only time he didnt do something for her was at the end....which makes the curveball they threw at the end even less sense....

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll gotta admit though, it is kind of hilarious how Disney and Johnson said :umad:to all the fanboys who spent the last two years making fan theory YouTube videos.

Like I said, I'm not mad at all that they went in a different direction then people thought they would. I love that they didn't play it safe and predictable like the Force Awakens. But if you're gonna go left field and go against audience expectations, it better be compelling. And that wasn't really the case with a lot of things in The Last Jedi imo. There were twists but those twists weren't interesting enough to justify pissing off an entire fanbase.