Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh if you want to watch the movie then go ahead. Its just aint for me.:yeshrug: My thing is that people are paying for blatant racist shyt on their screen. Marvel shyt is more subvert in that blacks just play support roles.

The only pixar movie i fukked with was Monster Inc which was before Disney got the reigns
Disney made money by distributing Pixar movies . AlsoI disagree with Finns portrayal being racist , not being a Jedi and main lead isn't racist .he gets equivalent screen time to han The character wasn't written for any race as has been said millions of time they chose the best actor . The og trilogy was full of corny puns jokes and humor by the leads and they took l's every movie until the end .

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I read this thread and then I see videos or behind the scenes footage and press events and can't help feel anything but happy for the gawd John Boyega. A rising star and cool dude. He's a fan of star Wars who gets to be one of the biggest characters in a star wars trilogy. And inspires young black kids to fight for what they believe in. Saw a lot of Finn costumes on Halloween. So I think you guys are just gay.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Honestly I read this thread and then I see videos or behind the scenes footage and press events and can't help feel anything but happy for the gawd John Boyega. A rising star and cool dude. He's a fan of star Wars who gets to be one of the biggest characters in a star wars trilogy. And inspires young black kids to gift for what they believe in. Saw a lot of Finn costumes on Halloween. So I think you guys are just gay.
are you saying the ppls complaints about finn is really rooted in thr fact JB is not attractive enough to be a hero? Cuz your end statement seems out of left field. The comments i am reading here are strictly about the mishandling of a character

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Damn she called breh a space janitor
That's tough
If I was Boyega I'd be heated that these directors keep writing the character like a joke. He more than anyone in the cast is a Star Wars fan and keeps his ear on the pulse about how the fandom views finn.
Dont feel bad for him, i remember when ppl were deriding finn in TFA and he wrote this long winded statement essentially justifying finn's flaws by low key trashing rey. He said something to the effect of he cant just be perfect out of the gate, because there is no room for story. So its good that finn starts out this way because in future movies he will show growth.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
are you saying the ppls complaints about finn is really rooted in thr fact JB is not attractive enough to be a hero? Cuz your end statement seems out of left field. The comments i am reading here are strictly about the mishandling of a character
They're only calling him mishandled because he's black. John wasn't cast as Finn because he's black. He was cast because he's a talented actor. Would Finn character be okay if he was white or Latino or a woman? And how you can you let somebody else tell you he's mishandled and not just watch for yourself without their opinion. We got a coli breh in here who said Finn is a real hero in this and his arc was his favorite part. Soooo yes I think everybody here complaining is gay. No disrespect to homosexuals.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh if you want to watch the movie then go ahead. Its just aint for me.:yeshrug: My thing is that people are paying for blatant racist shyt on their screen. Marvel shyt is more subvert in that blacks just play support roles.

The only pixar movie i fukked with was Monster Inc which was before Disney got the reigns

Finn was originally written as a white character if im not mistaken, or at least written as not specifically black. Also, dude was the male lead in a star wars movie and his character was basically something that chris pratt would play. stop being so insecure.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Finns just a poor character, regardless of race, he's essentially jar jar bunks.

No storm trooper raised to kill jedi would behave like him.

He should be the straight man to Rey being the quirky one.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Finns just a poor character, regardless of race, he's essentially jar jar bunks.

No storm trooper raised to kill jedi would behave like him.

He should be the straight man to Rey being the quirky one.
He's no ordinary stormtrooper :smugdraper:

And comparing him to jarjar? That's like saying peanut butter is the same as termites.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They're only calling him mishandled because he's black. John wasn't cast as Finn because he's black. He was cast because he's a talented actor. Would Finn character be okay if he was white or Latino or a woman? And how you can you let somebody else tell you he's mishandled and not just watch for yourself without their opinion. We got a coli breh in here who said Finn is a real hero in this and his arc was his favorite part. Soooo yes I think everybody here complaining is gay. No disrespect to homosexuals.
No shyt sherlock, ofcourse the criticism of the character is magnified by his race. If i am a black star wars fan and i hear there is going to be a lead thats black in 2015, guess what my expectations are going to be raised to what that characters potential could be given how far we have come as a society. If billy dee and samuel L got as much shine with what little screen time i could only imagine what a black lead can do in this era. And then force awakens happens.

Stop with the talented actor nonsense this isnt Shakespeare it star wars, there are serveral chiselled actors over 6 foot that are talented they went for short and stubby boyega for a reason. Miss me with that white, latino question, you know fully well the ratio between their representation and a black is lopsided.

I still dont understand how homosexuality comes into play, wanting to see a black character look equal to his counterparts is gay? The fukk :why:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
No shyt sherlock, ofcourse the criticism of the character is magnified by his race. If i am a black star wars fan and i hear there is going to be a lead thats black in 2015, guess what my expectations are going to be raised to what that characters potential could be given how far we have come as a society. If billy dee and samuel L got as much shine with what little screen time i could only imagine what a black lead can do in this era. And then force awakens happens.

Stop with the talented actor nonsense this isnt Shakespeare it star wars, there are serveral chiselled actors over 6 foot that are talented they went for short and stubby boyega for a reason. Miss me with that white, latino question, you know fully well the ratio between their representation and a black is lopsided.

I still dont understand how homosexuality comes into play, wanting to see a black character look equal to his counterparts is gay? The fukk :why:
Zzzzzz. You're just bytching to bytch.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Zzzzzz. You're just bytching to bytch.
But were any lies told though?:sas1: you are just a cac or other that cant recognize the issue. Now you are loss for words cuz your argument had no real basis in the first place.

Cant even probably explain your statements hmph provocateur azz fligga:pacspit:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
But were any lies told though?:sas1: you are just a cac or other that cant recognize the issue. Now you are loss for words cuz your argument has no real basis.

Cant even probably explain your statements hmph provocateur azz fligga:pacspit:
fukk out of here. They could have gave the part to anybody and they chose a black man. That's huge and he's a fan favorite in the eyes of the future. The same way I grew up looking up to an obi-wan or han or mace windu or anybody I've ever wanted to be when I watched movies, I saw that when younger people watch Finn. Black, white, my Filipino nephew even loves Finn. A black man is one of the best characters in STAR WARS. He doesn't have an issue with it. On this site is the only time I see people complain about this. The only people I see complain about Finn offline has been people who were mad they "had to put a black guy in it." Racists are mad he's got shine. He's making them mad.
And I'll retract my gay statement. I'm one of the idiots who still says something is gay or call people fakkits without actually meaning homosexual. I'll work on that. But to call Finn jarjar or say he is useless? It's just wrong.