Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I’m gonna say it one more time....

Finn is the absolute WORST excuse for a black protagonist in mainstream media in the last 15 years. It’s not Boyega’s fault. It’s entirely on the hands of Kathleen Kennedy, JJ, and whoever the hell else thought that it was a good idea to have a walking 21st century Minstrel Show tap dancing his way throughout the movie. They went OUT of their way to punk Finn, taking the standard Hero’s Journey that EVERY WHITE MALE PROTAGONIST IN STAR WARS CINEMA and shytting on it in favor of making Finn a whiny, cowardly, incompetent fool whose only existence was to reinforce the greatness of the white woman.

fukk Star Wars and fukk Finn.

I’ve tried to stay out of this thread as I will not be seeing the movie nor supporting it and even commenting on it adds little to no value as white Star Wars stans will do little more than offer up the same tired and cliche arguments of “character development” and “bu bu bu but...wait for the next installment!” But I keep getting @ and asked my opinion so I’m making it clear right now.

My bad breh. I just want you to hear what she says about Finn real quick. If she's saying this :wow:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Stopped messing with him and the Collider Jedi Council a long time ago because I kept getting subtle racist undertones with them regarding Finn (not wanting him to have the force or being more heroic than certain "other" characters)

I just mostly watch Urban Acolyte videos when it comes to anything Star Wars on youtube.
Its crazy because Finn is the fan favorite

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My bad breh. I just want you to hear what she says about Finn real quick. If she's saying this :wow:

Damn she called breh a space janitor
That's tough
If I was Boyega I'd be heated that these directors keep writing the character like a joke. He more than anyone in the cast is a Star Wars fan and keeps his ear on the pulse about how the fandom views finn.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

When the WHITE woman is saying “this guy needs some dignity” you already know what time it is...

I have no idea how any black person can enjoy this bullshyt. No idea whatsoever....

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I haven’t read the comics but I think they tried to “fix” that there relative to cannon. Not saying you are wrong because most people won’t delve that far but that might be part of his stance on the whole thing.
Nah. I understand his stance on the Phasma because of the character comic storyline but it doesnt really matter because we/& campea watch the TFA

They build the "chrometropper" hype just for her to be easily captured and surrendered .. .like wtf.

It Maybe JJ had something special plotline for Phasma but end up scrapping the plot/idea (for whatever reason). So Disney might have decided to keep her character in the movie to sell toys and merchandise. Her screen time was to little and didnt really move the plot forward

I understand the book try to make her like some McDonald employee midmanger, she just doing her job but dont have any sort of loyalty but come now.... they should've made her the new version of Boba Fett( the bounty hunter working for the order)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
So basically she was just here to get the bag and resume and be out. She ain’t real Star Wars Fam she just passing thru smh. That’s why I’m still kinda salty about her character...

Nah I'm pretty sure she didn't watch any of the flicks before getting cast. Boyega and Driver were fans though I think.