Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Word is Finn's story line.....is boring. :francis: Just feels like a different movie.

Finn is good, but the story line is just different. I said this would happen when JJ fukked up Finn in Force Awakens. It makes it that more difficult for Rian to clean up the mess.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Actually if you play close attention when Boyega plays Finn, he's basically doing an impersonation of Will Smith circa 1996
I remember telling the brehs @wire28 @Ziggiy thats what Boyega was going for. However, based off Force Awakens

Will was comedic, but he was never silly
Will could show fear, but he was never scary
Will would also have a swagger that he was always in control...even if he needed help.

So its not Boyega's fault....its just what they asked him to do.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this. george and them were fleshing the lore out with the clone wars cartoon series. disney flushed it down the toilet. I don't know why homeboy didn't just make his own movies instead of selling out to the mouse mafia. he would have made more money long term.

the post rotj shyt for the past 20-30 years was based on luke and had epic storylines about the war with the remnants of the empire. luke became the most powerful jedi ever
but now he dies against a kid who nearly got merked off by a chick using a lightsabre for the first time (it seems the excuse about her being trained as a child wasn't true)

BREH BREH is that spoiler true if so I’m done with Star Wars Fukk that shyt how does that happen

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
shyt seems to be turning a corner with these movies.
I'm getting the same feeling I got when TPM came out. maybe the first few months people said it was great, star wars was back etc and then you got to the real problems once the hype died down
Then the fans turned on Lucas
RJ is taking the blame on this one, Imo JJ should have just done the whole trilogy because it seems like RJ just did his own thing with this movie instead of pick up where JJ left off. Its called a trilogy for a reason the story is supposed to flow together

It'll be interesting to see if this movie is loved a few months from now or not

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I will check this one and the next one out like i did TFA but truthfully the entire saga ended after ROJ there was nothing more to add on...

The empire was defeated,all the main characters died off,you had the climactic Vader in the after life as a jedi final scene.

Part 7-9 feels more like Rogue One type extras than actual extensions of the original trilogy....

I want to know if George Lucas after he wrote ROJ 30 years ago had plans all along to add parts 7-9 or if those were ideas he had well after the original 6 were done to bring in more revenue.

They feel so out of place in the storyline

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Why are negative reviews the only one you guys listen to? When it's mostly good reviews, it gets chalked up to the machine or sheep mentality? But negative means they're onto something?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I will check this one and the next one out like i did TFA but truthfully the entire saga ended after ROJ there was nothing more to add on...

The empire was defeated,all the main characters died off,you had the climactic Vader in the after life as a jedi final scene.

Part 7-9 feels more like Rogue One type extras than actual extensions of the original trilogy....

I want to know if George Lucas after he wrote ROJ 30 years ago had plans all along to add parts 7-9 or if those were ideas he had well after the original 6 were done to bring in more revenue.

They feel so out of place in the storyline
Well yeah... he did obviously. I can't remember much but the Rey character was called Kira, Finn was meant to be white, and Leia was teetering on the edge of being a villain. it was billed as a star wars war of the roses.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I remember telling the brehs @wire28 @Ziggiy thats what Boyega was going for. However, based off Force Awakens

Will was comedic, but he was never silly
Will could show fear, but he was never scary
Will would also have a swagger that he was always in control...even if he needed help.

So its not Boyega's fault....its just what they asked him to do.

I’m gonna say it one more time....

Finn is the absolute WORST excuse for a black protagonist in mainstream media in the last 15 years. It’s not Boyega’s fault. It’s entirely on the hands of Kathleen Kennedy, JJ, and whoever the hell else thought that it was a good idea to have a walking 21st century Minstrel Show tap dancing his way throughout the movie. They went OUT of their way to punk Finn, taking the standard Hero’s Journey that EVERY WHITE MALE PROTAGONIST IN STAR WARS CINEMA and shytting on it in favor of making Finn a whiny, cowardly, incompetent fool whose only existence was to reinforce the greatness of the white woman.

fukk Star Wars and fukk Finn.

I’ve tried to stay out of this thread as I will not be seeing the movie nor supporting it and even commenting on it adds little to no value as white Star Wars stans will do little more than offer up the same tired and cliche arguments of “character development” and “bu bu bu but...wait for the next installment!” But I keep getting @ and asked my opinion so I’m making it clear right now.