Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They have alot to cover. They can't portray everything on film.
:yeshrug: its still on them to to tell what they can

you cant just leave stuff out and tell millions of people to fill in the holes with various reading materials. you have to write the movie with the expectation that the majority of your audience has not and will not be reading "canon" books. the only things that are truly canon are the movies because thats what the majority of people are going to be judging

like i said earlier, JJ left Rian with a shyt ton of explaining to do in episode 8

edit:

Tough shyt :yeshrug:

They sacrificed quiet, subtle moments for quick cuts. It is what it is.

For example, if a novelization of Man of Steel came out (I don't know if one did)

Said, you know Clark really felt bad about everything getting destroyed before going over to kiss Lois :manny:

Well why didn't you display that :patrice:

Time constraints :ehh:

Aint nobody trying to hear that shyt :mjlol:

I like the movie. But again there was no need to sacrifice a little depth to add more to the movie. Especially the moments that are supposed to resonate with the audience. But it is what it is.
this

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
fFfLi0.gif

OnM7iz.gif

NZJ6Y6.gif

ddZzNZ.gif

:wow:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
JJ Abrams Has High Praise Rian Johnson' Episode VIII Script | The Star Wars Underworld

JJ Abrams' time in the Star Wars director's chair may done, with the next installment in the saga being directed by Rian Johnson. Abrams, who will still be an executive producer on Star Wars Episode VIII, has read the script for the sequel and, according to Greg Grunberg, he loves it.

Grunberg, who plays X-Wing pilot Temmin "Snap" Wexley in The Force Awakens, told The Washington Post,
“He read it and said something he never, ever says,” Grunberg, who plays pilot Snap Wexley in the new film, tells The Post’s Comic Riffs. “He said: ‘It’s so good, I wish I were making it.’

“He may have said something one time on ‘Lost,’ with Damon [Lindelof, the co-creator],” continues Grunberg, whose credits on Abrams series include “Lost” and “Felicity,” “but I never hear him express regret like that.”

Production on Episode VIII is expected begin in January with the majority of the main cast returning (with one, sad, obvious exception). Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, also shared her thoughts on the Episode VIII script recently, calling it "very good". Some scenes involving Mark Hamill were shot for Episode VIII back in September at Skellig Michael (you know, THAT location from the end of the film).

As for Grunberg returning, he didn't confirm anything but, he did reveal that while shooting the film he shot a bunch of reaction shots but refused to say the line "I'm hit." Maybe Snap will be the Wedge of the new trilogy.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
also random thing i noticed, at the beginning when ren has poe taken away and everyone is leaving, the camera cuts back a little so you see ren walking back to the ship and you see the blaster shot that was frozen, unfreeze and go blow up something, that was funny to me :pachaha:

i liked ren, i felt like for the most part his character was well done, but i think that final fight against rey is going to be the bane vs batman round 2 fight for me, he still shouldnt have lost :francis: he was powering through that shyt like G banging on himself he shoulda won:martin:. atleast a draw and have the dues ex machina come though with the earth splitting and dividing them and rey being able to escape from the weakened ren

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
also random thing i noticed, at the beginning when ren has poe taken away and everyone is leaving, the camera cuts back a little so you see ren walking back to the ship and you see the blaster shot that was frozen, unfreeze and go blow up something, that was funny to me :pachaha:

i liked ren, i felt like for the most part his character was well done, but i think that final fight against rey is going to be the bane vs batman round 2 fight for me, he still shouldnt have lost :francis: he was powering through that shyt like G banging on himself he shoulda won:martin:. atleast a draw and have the dues ex machina come though with the earth splitting and dividing them and rey being able to escape from the weakened ren
That would have been another way of making it good. :ehh:

I would have liked if Ren was left intrigued by Rey and envisioning wanting to corrupt her more (kinda like with ESB)

Not humiliated and pissed at himself for losing.

Now we gotta spend some of episode 8 with him pissed at himself for taking an L :beli:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
went to see this tonight... solid movie

But what the fukk is finn there for??? Rae played the han and luke roles, i wanted a breh to be force sensitive :upsetfavre:

Final scene was terrible imo, and whats the backstory on the huge sith nikka???

Also how does luke lose to one rouge jedi?... Felt like that wasn't explained in enough detail... Him being the son of han was a nice plot point tho

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Kathleen Kennedy is now the most powerful Gatekeeper to Star Wars lore and continuity since GL sold Star Wars to Disney. She is president of Lucasfilms, she RUNS the shots.

Kathleen Kennedy is a white woman, if you think that it's a coincidence that Rey is an all powerful Force User who can kick ass and take names merely hours after even learning she has the force, while the Black Male is made a bumbling, cowardly, failure, well then there's never EVER been any evidence of racism in Hollywwod :stopitslime:

Like I said, the movie went out of its WAY. To b*stardize and ignore the standard rules of the Hero's Journey, a standard that's been played out across SIX PREVIOUS films in order to emasculate and minimize Finn's character.

The most insulting part about it is that's it's completely unnecessary. TFA would've made a billion dollars if they cast a wombat as the lead, pulling a bait and switch with the white woman actually made ZERO sense considering Hunger Games, Divergent, and Twilight are franchises headlined by white women that are massively successful.

They should've done one of three things

1). Kept both lead characters white. Nobody would've batted an eyleash. It would've been par for the course, I've already written that it's known and BEEN known that Star Wars is a white franchise for white people. Rey still could've been heroic and if they wanted to have her paired next to a loser to make her look cooler and more capable they could've cast Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, Ava Butterfield, or whatever up and coming white actor of their choosing. However I GURANTEE that had Finn been cast as white he wouldn't have ended up such a pathetic and emasculated character, there is ZERO chance that a White male "Hero" is wielding a lightsaber in a Star Wars movie and not only ending up Forceless, but winless and unconscious as well.

2). Take Finn out of the movie entirely, many of you are basing Finn's entire importance on saving Poe in the beginning (which is ironically, his best showing in the entire movie and the only sequence in 2 1/2 hours where he shows any type of promise, even if it is for selfish reasons) but Poe was originally written to die at the beginning of the movie. Without that ONE sequence you literally don't need Finn in any part of the movie, he is "integral" to absolutely nothing. Rey could have piloted the falcon and escaped Jakku on her own with BB8, srill showing how smart and "resourceful" she is. Han could have guided her to Maz. Finn isn't needed in any part of Maz's planet as he is a failure at fighting and failed at saving Rey anyway. Rey saved HERSELF from Star Killer base, so Finn's failure there was unnecessary as well. The climatic battle, Finn isn't needed at all as he FAILS to defeat Kylo and Rey had incredible dues ex machina force powers by that point. The entire movie could've been shot without Finn and Rey still would've been an awesome white woman protagonist.

3). The most radical idea of all....Actually make Finn a HERO. All of these "character development" "let's wait until episode 8" are all nonesense and I've already disproven how faulty they are. Finn doesn't even HAVE to be Force Sensitive to have a true moment of heroism and a W to his name. Give him a scene of true courage and payoff, Rey can be saved at least ONCE during that film without undoing her heroic independence, especially if she's going to be the one to defeat Kylo at the end. The best opportunity for this would've been actually allowing Finn to rescue Rey at Star Killer base, throw out all the corny jokes and jaw jacking at Phasm, kill the sanitation worker bullshyt, this would've been Finn's and EVERY OTHER MALE HERO IN A SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE'S characters moment to prove their worth. Which MAIN character in a science fiction movie accomplished absolutely NOTHING heroic by the end of that film at ended up in a coma?

ANH Luke? No
ESB Luke? No
ROTJ Luke? No
Matrix Neo? No (in reloaded he's in a coma AFTER displaying a new and heroic ability to control and defeat the machines in the REAL world. The machines didn't kick his ass and relegate him unconscious while Trinity saves the day)

Lord Of The Rings Aragon? No
Phantom Menace Anakin? No
Attack Of The Clones Anakin? No
Revenge Of The Sith Obi-Wan? No. Hell Anakin is the VILLIAN of that film, a traitor and child-killer, gets burned to a CRISP and doesn't get relegated to a coma

Bu...bu...BUT we all of a sudden have a supposed black lead and these established rules don't apply. Now it's "let's have the black character running scared, lying, and getting his ass beat in EVERY SINGLE PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION for 2 1/2 hours and call it character development brehs"

Call him "The Heart Of The Film" brehs:mjlol:

fukk outta here :camby:

Wish I could rep this shyt, cot damn:wow:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Kylo Ren should had kept that mask on. :wtf: His reveal was way too early and damn dude behind the mask was not menacing looking at all. Or at least save the reveal when Han Solo told him to. That would had been much better.

I wish they would just gave Kylo Ren the Darth Maul treatment and just killed his character off. :camby: There's no coming back with those Ls he took from those rookies jedis. For a second time, they somehow found a way to fukk up a would be great villan. First Darth Maul, now Kylo Ren. When dude matrix that laser in the beginning, I thought redemption for what they did to Darth Maul

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Kylo Ren should had kept that mask on. :wtf: His reveal was way too early and damn dude behind the mask was not menacing looking at all. Or at least save the reveal when Han Solo told him to. That would had been much better.

I wish they would just gave Kylo Ren the Darth Maul treatment and just killed his character off. :camby: There's no coming back with those Ls he took from those rookies jedis. For a second time, they somehow found a way to fukk up a would be great villan. First Darth Maul, now Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren will be in the sequel tho.... :patrice: :yeshrug: He'll be back.