Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Ziggiy still don't know what the fight with the Asian guy was about :mjcry:

Oh about that.

It wasn't a "fight" though I could tell he REALLY wanted to debate me all night but I wasn't trying to give him the time of the day.

So he heard me tell me my girlfriend that I didn't appreciate the black character being the weak coward. During the "Finn's Confession" scene I said "it's 2015 and we're STILL cowards:comeon:". I didnt shout it or anything but he obviously heard me.

When the movie was over he turned around asked which one of us "made the 2015" comment. He was a shorter Asian guy with glasses and a Darth Vadar t-shirt on, an obvious fanboy. I told him it was me. He asked me what I meant by that and I said the character was emasculated and I didn't enjoy watching the black character be the FIRST character in cinematic universe to use a lightsaber and not be force sensitive, also I didn't enjoy that he was comic relief and that he lost all fights.

His come back was pretty much what everyone else had been saying. He first used the "Han used a lightsaber in Empire". I countered with "Not in combat", the. He went into the "wait until episode 8, he couldn't be a badass right at the beginning" and I countered with the "Luke wasn't a "bad ass" at the beginning but he STILL destroyed the Death Star, he wasn't emasculated throughout the movie"

He THEN went into the highlight of his argument, the ONE thing I KNEW he really wanted to say.

Asian Guy: I like watching people of color be more like Finn instead of the angry black man stereotype that Samuel L Jackson has been playing his whole career.

Me: oh so your saying they the only way for a black male to be strong is to be angry:heh: Finn couldn't have accomplished ONE thing in this movie without being "angry"? Was Luke "angry" when he blew up,the Death Star? Was Han angry when he shot first? Black courage equals black anger?

Asian Guy: well....:lupe:I just think you are judging the character before his arc has been completed...

Me: :birdman: you have your opinion and I have mine, and it's not going to change.

Then we said good night and I walked away.

Like I said it wasn't a "fight". It wasn't even a disrespectful conversation, but I already KNOW that these fanboys are going down with the ship when it comes to Star Wars. Plus again, these non-blacks are going to naturally want to trade one end of the spectrum for the other, of COURSE he wouldn't want to see "Angry Samuel Jackson" because in a majority of SLJ's he, by nature of his persona, isn't emasculated. Even in his "supporting" roles he still commands respect. Can you imagine what this guy was thinking when he saw Black Nick Fury barking orders to Blue-Eyed All American Steve Rogers? Or initially rejecting the "Genius" Tony Stark from the Avengers initiative? Dude probably cheered when he thought Sam died in Winter Soldier...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
we gonna act like Rey wasn't kicking ass in the very opening of the film? She fukked up two people with her staff, ya'll act like she had no combat skills whatsoever and then gained them magically
i just finished re watching the bootleg ( :banderas: ) and yeah watching that scene again convinced me she probably got trained by luke and had memory erased. being just a scavenger shouldnt equal being that adept with the stick. i still dont like she was able to use the force so easily. even if she was trained prior, she would have been super young.

i hope her stick gets made into a double bladed saber or she gets/makes a double bladed one

thats pink in color :troll: to accentuate the girl power :troll:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They all bit his design later because it was so dope. Kylo's is tough but theres only so many ways they can re invent the light saber. Actually whats the tech behind it? Is it an extension of the force or is it just a galactic jamaican lighter?

enhanced-buzz-31859-1417526281-11.jpg

:mjlol:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I saw it last night and I was pleased; the movie seemed too short, I wanted it to be a lil longer. I thought they was going to show the meeting of Kayo and Snoke and I thought Kayo was going to come back for revenge. I felt it was not complete; have to wait for the next.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
lol hit up the barbershop, its not digital its a dvd some dude just recorded in the theater, you hear nikkas clapping when han gets on the ship like :gladbron: and stuff like that :mjlol: and my man has an advertisement for himself before the movie starts :mjlol: , its mediocre, but it'll do :myman:

:ohhh: i remember people talkin shyt about the design but i never thought about that

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I saw it last night and I was pleased; the movie seemed too short, I wanted it to be a lil longer. I thought they was going to show the meeting of Kayo and Snoke and I thought Kayo was going to come back for revenge. I felt it was not complete; have to wait for the next.
they definitely needed atleast an extra twenty minutes. there were multiple things they could have expanded on. the movie felt like it flew by. i think they gave us enough for reys background (i expect and am cool with elaboration in episode 8) but they could have gave us a little more on finn (cough cough like his "elite training" @Darth Humanist :sas2:) or maybe poe. eh rian got some work to do, the more i analyze stuff the more the rating falls to me so i may have to chill its a 8.5 now for me :dame:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I grew up on star wars, had a bunch of 80s sw toys. One my all time favorite games is Tie Fighter. I even like revenge of the Sith. I still think TFA was overrated, and I honestly don't like the film.
Why are you still in this thread then? If you like a new hope then there is no reason why you shouldn't like TFA. It's on par or superior in almost every way.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just got back from seeing it. This was basically the same movie as the OG flick :heh:

I mean it was good, but there was very little originality to the plotline. I'm hoping the next two films don't mirror episodes 5 and 6.

The Prequels tried something new and failed. Lucas really tried....it just didn't deliver.

TFA tried something familiar and succeeded.

This is what Creed did for the Rocky franchise. But it did so in a superior way. Followed the same beats, had some very predictable moments, but it was handled with such precision that it felt fresher and superior than this.

In fairness to JJ. He had to cover 30 years, while have callbacks to the OT, mixing a new cast, etc etc. He did a good job and made a good film out of it.

There should be more praise for what he was tasked with instead of the film itself imo.

He righted the ship. Now its up to the other director(s) to expand everything.

Buuuuuuuutttttttt

fukk it. Just glad we got a good Star Wars movie :manny:

Last edited: