Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
I was checking the TFA bluray in regards to the scene with Starkiller Base firing and Finn. As he is walking up the steps to the ship, he hears the screams of people in the Hosnian system, THEN he turns around in distress and sees the beam in the sky. He's clearly force sensitive.
You're reaching, nikka, Finn is NOT force sensitive.

If you're so sure he will be, put your avi and sig on it :sas2:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know its old news, but I thought yall dudes were just over exaggerating at first.
They really made this dude finn out to be a fool :francis:

Dude couldn't do nothing by himself and needed saving from everyone.

Everything they made rey out to be, finn is the opposite of that.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Overall, ok movie. Looking forward to the possibly more darker sequel.

Not a big Star Wars guy as in I don't know that much about the lore/extended universe. Haven't seen the I-VI in years.

Kylo wasn't as menacing and stuff as I wanted him to be. But maybe the journey that will make a terror will be more fun to see unfold.
Finn, didn't mind him.
One of my favorite scenes was when Kylo was losing his shyt Rey got away and those two guards backed back like "fukk this shyt".

Rey was probably my biggest problem with the movie. Mostly the force stuff.
Good at wiring stuff - Makes sense with the savaging thing.
Good at flying - Calling for a little disbelief, but she explains that while piloting that she does have a little experience. Ok.
Good at blasters - Meh, should be decent for her I guess.
That scene with Kylo torturing Rey - :shaq2: 5 minutes beforehand she was shook just at the images Luke's lightsaber gave her. Now she is not only resisting Kylo's attacks, but flipping it on him? :camby:

I don't see a problem with Rey using her powers on the stormtrooper. She failed a bit, had to learn how to work it. Made sense for someone new using the force. Unlike the torture scene.

Lightsaber fight Kylo/Finn - Good, made sense.
Rey overpowering Kylo for Luke's lightsaber - :martin:
Kylo/Rey - Ok at parts, but for the most part :scust:
Before Rey's force moment, when he said "You need a teacher." I was like :ohhh:So he wasn't going TOO hard on her because not only was he really emotional, tired from fighting Finn, took an injury while fighting Finn, he also wants to teach her. OK. Makes sense. Rey also has some experience with a weapon, as proved with her taking out those two dudes before chasing down Finn on Jakku. So her fending him off makes a little bit of sense when you think about all those things. After Rey's force moment/clarity thing, was like she downloaded lightsaber duels or something. She kicked Kylo's ass and was probably gonna make the killing blow if the planet didn't split.

WTF is that shyt. The ending of the battle was perfect, but the roles shouldve been reversed. Rey being saved by the planet exploding before Kylo can finish her. Kylo maybe trying to use force pull on her to bring her over but failing due to the planet being unstable and blowing up beside him. Rey needing to go see Luke/her father? for possibly more training and reuniting.

Questions for those who know more about the force/SW.
Why didn't Kylo use it(the force) against Rey during the battle? Too emotional?
Does the force just give you knowledge like that? (Rey/Kylo fight scene)
Kylo doesnt realize that is Luke's daughter/his cousin does he?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Not a big Star Wars guy as in I don't know that much about the lore/extended universe. Haven't seen the I-VI in years.

Kylo wasn't as menacing and stuff as I wanted him to be. But maybe the journey that will make a terror will be more fun to see unfold.
Finn, didn't mind him.
One of my favorite scenes was when Kylo was losing his shyt Rey got away and those two guards backed back like "fukk this shyt".

Good at flying - Calling for a little disbelief, but she explains that while piloting that she does have a little experience. Ok.
That scene with Kylo torturing Rey - :shaq2: 5 minutes beforehand she was shook just at the images Luke's lightsaber gave her. Now she is not only resisting Kylo's attacks, but flipping it on him? :camby:

I don't see a problem with Rey using her powers on the stormtrooper. She failed a bit, had to learn how to work it. Made sense for someone new using the force. Unlike the torture scene.

Before Rey's force moment, when he said "You need a teacher." I was like :ohhh:So he wasn't going TOO hard on her because not only was he really emotional, tired from fighting Finn, took an injury while fighting Finn, he also wants to teach her. OK. Makes sense. Rey also has some experience with a weapon, as proved with her taking out those two dudes before chasing down Finn on Jakku. So her fending him off makes a little bit of sense when you think about all those things. After Rey's force moment/clarity thing, was like she downloaded lightsaber duels or something. She kicked Kylo's ass and was probably gonna make the killing blow if the planet didn't split.

WTF is that shyt. The ending of the battle was perfect, but the roles shouldve been reversed. Rey being saved by the planet exploding before Kylo can finish her. Kylo maybe trying to use force pull on her to bring her over but failing due to the planet being unstable and blowing up beside him. Rey needing to go see Luke/her father? for possibly more training and reuniting.

He isn't highly trained in the force. You have to keep in mind that this entire era of movies is full of people not highly trained in the force.

The force can be used in battle. Vader used in hand to hand and as a pilot.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Seen it four times can't wait. This was something every star Wars fan could love. Young and old. New and true.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Finn, didn't mind him.

Kylo didn't even want to hurt Rey, he was fascinated by her attunement to the force and asked to train her. He wasn't trying to kill her.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I know its old news, but I thought yall dudes were just over exaggerating at first.
They really made this dude finn out to be a fool :francis:

Dude couldn't do nothing by himself and needed saving from everyone.

Everything they made rey out to be, finn is the opposite of that.
Naw. Finn was key in how things played out. Granted he didn't do it all by himself but he was still very important.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
for my android users with the showbox app, they got the force awakens on it finally with 720p quality :banderas:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Finn, didn't mind him.

Well the thing with the force is that JJ and I guess going forward sees the force more as a magical /religious type of thing , not Lucas prequels portrayals