Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
lol @ them tryna campaign Disney into making Finn gay in the sequel :mjlol::snoop: (:mjpls:)

There were reports months ago that several girls, including the star from Orphan Black, were auditioning for some important role for SW VIII... and the auditions involved chemistry-reads with Boyega. So its clear Finn is gon be busy simping and being simped by these interstellar British beckys for the foreseeable future.

Fin and Poe work better as just homies anyway.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
JJ executed this movie perfectly. The characters were ALL on point, I fukking loved rey, finn, poe and especially chewie. The cinematography and direction were incredible. There are so many little things I loved about this movie. It really brought back a sense of fun and excitement that was missing from the prequels. John Williams score was fantastic. One of my favorite little scenes was right at the beginning when rey slid down the big sand dune after scavenging, it was just something about the music and scene that I loved. The dogfights were fukking amazing to watch, that scene at Maz's where Finn was running around the battlefield and you could see Poe up above fukking up like 7 tiefighters in a row :wow:

han's death :mjcry: chewie's rampage :wow:

The pacing of this movie was fukking PERFECTION. Just :wow: :wow:

hey you think Han will somehow survive or is he done:mjcry:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Finally got to watch it, now I can peep this thread and the spoiler thread.

Returned, Star Wars has. :wow:
dont bother, half the thread is people refusing to accept that people can have differing opinions on characterization / dismissals of hollywoods history with black characters when asked to acknowledge it

I told you:ld:
:wow:

take this rep

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I had no idea Darth Vader was killing lil childrens
200_s.gif

CHL

Superstar
Daps
JJ Abrams Has High Praise Rian Johnson' Episode VIII Script | The Star Wars Underworld

JJ Abrams' time in the Star Wars director's chair may done, with the next installment in the saga being directed by Rian Johnson. Abrams, who will still be an executive producer on Star Wars Episode VIII, has read the script for the sequel and, according to Greg Grunberg, he loves it.

Grunberg, who plays X-Wing pilot Temmin "Snap" Wexley in The Force Awakens, told The Washington Post,
“He read it and said something he never, ever says,” Grunberg, who plays pilot Snap Wexley in the new film, tells The Post’s Comic Riffs. “He said: ‘It’s so good, I wish I were making it.’

“He may have said something one time on ‘Lost,’ with Damon [Lindelof, the co-creator],” continues Grunberg, whose credits on Abrams series include “Lost” and “Felicity,” “but I never hear him express regret like that.”

Production on Episode VIII is expected begin in January with the majority of the main cast returning (with one, sad, obvious exception). Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, also shared her thoughts on the Episode VIII script recently, calling it "very good". Some scenes involving Mark Hamill were shot for Episode VIII back in September at Skellig Michael (you know, THAT location from the end of the film).

As for Grunberg returning, he didn't confirm anything but, he did reveal that while shooting the film he shot a bunch of reaction shots but refused to say the line "I'm hit." Maybe Snap will be the Wedge of the new trilogy.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just saw this. Too much like the original, seeing where they were going with it was way too predictable after that. I had low expectations but I don't think they were even met.
Oscar Isaac still not a star after this. lol

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
lol @ them tryna campaign Disney into making Finn gay in the sequel :mjlol::snoop: (:mjpls:)

There were reports months ago that several girls, including the star from Orphan Black, were auditioning for some important role for SW VIII... and the auditions involved chemistry-reads with Boyega. So its clear Finn is gon be busy simping and being simped by these interstellar British beckys for the foreseeable future.

Fin and Poe work better as just homies anyway.
These are the 3 finalists reported back in early September:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
I know I'm later than most of you nikkas, but did any of you find it retarded how quickly Rey picked up the force?

She just randomly said "hey nikka, let me outta here and gimme yo gun" and dude was like "ok :ld:"

Other then that it was pretty impressive, although Carrie Fisher's acting was kinda wack.

Didnt Kylo Ren say that "she's stronger than she knows yet" or something like that? Not sayin it wasnt quick but once she started figuring it out :manny: it's not like she was out there force choking stormtroopers

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Didnt Kylo Ren say that "she's stronger than she knows yet" or something like that? Not sayin it wasnt quick but once she started figuring it out :manny: it's not like she was out there force choking stormtroopers
If we are being reality the fact she beat him in a saber battle is suspect.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just came back from it. Overall I thought it was a pretty good film. The main villain ( I honestly don't remember his name being mentioned) was a little too emotional for my liking.

And this one had me questioning why in the heck did Lucas use so much CGI on the prequels? And the acting was a lot better then the prequels as well.

And another thing after going back and watching them all. I felt Bobo Fett died way too easily in ROTJ. In my opinion they kind of started up a story line with him and his father just to be treated so insignificantly.