Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Wait you liked it ??!!?!! Got to hear your thoughts on Finn
non spoiler review was

the comedy was A1 :salute:

all the main characters were great, even han as i saw the rumblings that he phoned it in

the story pretty much was a new hope part two, but :yeshrug:

very enjoyable and much more action than i thought, i could barely take a breath to compose myself but more piff was thrown in :wow:

on finn, he wasnt as bad as i thought he was gonna be but i would like for him to have some kind of redemption since he did take the most Ls out of anybody. he was simping way too hard but atleast rey seems to reciprocate the feelings. i'll let it slide for right now for my simp lord space garbage man but if he is taking L after L in episode 8 :camby: lets see that character growth rian

edit: if he wasnt basically marketed as a lead black jedi i dont think it would have been as big a deal, and i think thats been stated in here in the past. his character has room for great growth from where he started so we'll see how they handle it

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
just finished Phantom Menace....WOW...that was a really bad movie...it was such a task to get through at times..

i DID enjoy the Darth Maul fight scenes though... Liam Neeson went kinda hard with the saber...def had more saber game than Darth Vader had in the old ones.

also Darth Maul just looked cool as fukk. interesting look for a villain. take away jar jar and most of the cgi characters and it might have been ok i guess.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
12239745_558749484273915_293787945029761112_n.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I loved the movie. I got the same feeling of nerdy joy watching that I felt the first time I watched the OG movie. Sure the script was a bunch of plot driven fluff that relied on ridiculous coincidences to move things along but the action was great, the character interaction was fun and the movie looked completely different than what a Lucas Star Wars movie looks like which I found incredibly refreshing.
After them prequels I thought I had no shot of ever truly enjoying another Star Wars movie but TFA changed my mind by the first appearance of Kylo Ren.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I loved the movie. I got the same feeling of nerdy joy watching that I felt the first time I watched the OG movie. Sure the script was a bunch of plot driven fluff that relied on ridiculous coincidences to move things along but the action was great, the character interaction was fun and the movie looked completely different than what a Lucas Star Wars movie looks like which I found incredibly refreshing.
After them prequels I thought I had no shot of ever truly enjoying another Star Wars movie but TFA changed my mind by the first appearance of Kylo Ren.
At least some of those "conincidences" may not have been at all though :sas2:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok I just got back from the theater and here are my thoughts w/o spoilers I will drop a more in depth review in the other thread:

First off the theater was packed and the day started off well because everyone got to to see the trailers for Dawn of Justice, TMNT 2 and Civil War

Lots of people started clapping when the lucasfilm picture showed up and even more people started clapping once the star wars music started

I give the movie a 8.5, what a great movie and experience, yes there were some cheesy parts but compared to the other SW movies this had very little. I thought there was great chemistry throughout the movie but especially with Finn and Rey. I only really had 2 major issues with the movie which I will talk about in the other thread. To all those that were upset with Finn's role it was exactly what I expected, I thought he was great and majority of his actions were plausible and understandable based on where he came from and what he had observed during his time.

I cant wait until part 8 and wish it was coming out in 2016 and I hope having a different director besides JJ wont mess up the chemistry and the tone. I hope part 8 expands on the history of snoke (right now he is one big mystery) and what exactly got Kylo to that point.

most of the theater clapped at the end of the movie as well

Superstar
Daps
I got it ranked (from best to worst)

1. 5
2. 7 (liable to change but I don't think it'll go lower than 3)
3. 4
5. 6
6. 3
7. 2
8. 1

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what was the significance of the old guy at the beginning of the movie that was killed by Kylo he seemed to know a lot