Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Watched it earlier, it was pretty flat. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't that good. Middle of the road and just a repeat of the first film with elements of 5 and 6.

New characters were good (Poe the standout) and that's about it

5-6/10

Anyone putting this above Empire, Sith, the OG and possibly even Return are lying and are caught up in nostalgia, aint one memorable or fresh scene in this.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Just finished the movie. Definitely enjoyed it. I think Rey is a strong lead for this franchise. Really enjoyed her. Luke got some explaining to do cause I think she's his daughter. Anyway I liked the movie but I do have some criticisms.
Probably doesn't need to be spoilered but I wanna be on the safe side. I think Kylo Ren is kinda a loser. Just a wanna be darth. Everything about him screams Revenge of the Sith Anakin. And I think the movie really lacked creativity. It was good but it's basically a combination of the first trilogy. If you've watched the OG trilogy you can predict literally everything that would happen. Still enjoyable but super safe
And that's precisely why jedis shouldn't have kids. Sans Muhammad, it's also why prophets don't have them either.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Watched it earlier, it was pretty flat. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't that good. Middle of the road and just a repeat of the first film with elements of 5 and 6.

New characters were good (Poe the standout) and that's about it

5-6/10

Anyone putting this above Empire, Sith, the OG and possibly even Return are lying and are caught up in nostalgia, aint one memorable or fresh scene in this.
C/S... I legit had a friend of mine ready to throw hands with me because I REFUSED to believe this was better than Revenge of the Sith :heh:

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Was a very good film on its own. Better then the prequels and on par with the OG trilogy as far as quality. We will see where they go with it, but its definitely an exciting new start. This film leaves a lot of questions to discuss over the next couple of years. I think episode 8 is going to be a classic.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
:mjlol: at all them nikkas in here arguing for pages and pages before the movie even opened about how poor of a character Fin was going to be and how JJ was going to make him be weak because he was a black character.

Only to find out that Fin was actually one of the best written characters in the whole movie.

Thecoli.com yall :mjlol:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
There's no redemption for Kylo mofo killed Han
Its not as bad as Anakin killing women and children but yeah no fukks were given if he dies a dogs death in the next two films
First order is savage blowing up 5 planets they gotta come back hard at the resistance

Jedi almost always turn evil or abandon the galaxy when it actually needs them the most
Finn story is a nice comparison to what the jedi do to kids as well

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's 2015, black people especially black men are portrayed in the media as bogeymen one sided blood thirsty sexual demonic super nikka hulk deities attacking authority and a problem on white society like we still reside in 1890 reconstruction America, so I give a fukk about how the black character is seen in a culture classic movie cause I'm a black man. I don't want to waste $11 dollars on a movie I been waiting to see forever go down the drain cause the makers want to be on some white supremacist tip by making dude look like a fool. And the actors haven't even seen the movie yet (like most actors who are in movies haven't even watched the movies they are in) so I have a right to know what I'm getting. Django for example, was wack ass movie with a misdirection of a trailer.
Your wrong man , the trailer wasn't misleading as 1. Finn does all the stuff that the trailer shows him doing 2. He May still be force sensitive 3. If he's not he went from storm trooper to valued member of the resistance with actual friends who can actually fight with a light saber . A lot of trailers put scenes and voice overs in certain ways to get the theme or ideas of the movie across . This isn't a existing story so acting like they changed some existing story is ridiculous . Rey is more of a coward than Finn technically for running from her destiny while Finn creates his own path and finds something to fight for .

You haven't seen the movie so your opinion is seriously warped

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
:mjlol: at all them nikkas in here arguing for pages and pages before the movie even opened about how poor of a character Fin was going to be and how JJ was going to make him be weak because he was a black character.

Only to find out that Fin was actually one of the best written characters in the whole movie.

Thecoli.com yall
:mjlol:

umad.png

We are Groot!