Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm home brehs.

@Numero Deux @Box Cutta @wire28

Here we go.

And now Finn...

No heroic moment, no redemption, no future arc for your character.]

The Black Male "Lead" ladies and gentleman:snoop:

He gets not ONE truly heroic moment in the ENTIRE GODDAMN FILM

He's saved EVERY SINGLE TIME

I will not be looking forward to Episode 8. Unless they do an EXTREME makeover of Finn's character I won't be watching future installments. Disney took a great opportunity to make a black hero and flushed it in favor of the same stereotypes we've been told over and over that Hollywood is looking to change.

These are stories by white people FOR white people. The character of Finn is our nikka Wake Up Call that it will remain so for the foreseeable future.

I should've known better.

Tomorrow I'll speak on the interesting conversation I had with the Asian guy. I'm tired

:mjcry: x1000

thank you for your honesty. T'Challa is our last hope yall :mjcry:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
But yeah... I would say the movie is meh. Watchable, but I don't think I would watch it again. Not like the OG tril or Revenge. They played it too safe.. even tho I understand why they did.

Also I don't think Finn did that bad, dude held his own. Don't think he will
become a jedi tho. Think their setting him up to be a new Han Solo type

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
man i'm in love with rey:wow:

all the new characters were great, espicially poe

got serious naruto vibes from klylo killing han, like he needed to do that to cop that mangekeyo sharingan:youngsabo:

also loved kylos freakouts and instability, made him seem like more of a genuine villan rather than "stereotypical bad guy"

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

You're hella right about Storm Troopers being jobbers :russ:

That's why the Finn bashers are short sighted. He was a nobody who has never seen any real action. His actions logically mesh with his circumstances. The janitor shyt:comeon:. He's a grunt. Act like soldiers don't have to peel potatoes.

I'm beginning to think all of the criticism in the spoilers and early reviews were from white viewers interpreting Finn through their own prejudiced, myopic eyes. Think about it:

:jbhmm:He had to do sanitation on a base - "Finn was only a garbage man":skip:
:jbhmm:Has some funny moments - "Finn is basically Jar Jar":skip:
:jbhmm:Tries to hide his identify/impress a girl - "Finn is a liar through the whole movie":skip:
:jbhmm:Uses a left behind jacket to shield himself from sand/sunlight - "Finn is a thief":skip:
:jbhmm:He sparks major events - "Finn is barely in the movie" :skip:
:jbhmm:Wants no parts of a political war - "Finn was a coward" :skip:
:jbhmm:Shares knowledge of the FO's inner workings - "Finn is not very bright" :skip:

What they said vs what I saw with my own two eyes are vastly different. We were hoodwinked:martin:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Do we know for sure that the Solo's had twins? I'm assuming Rey is Luke's seed. Especially given that flashback/dream sequence she had when she found the lightsaber :yeshrug:

in the expanded universe
Leia and Han had twins - a boy and a girl. Even though Disney said that the EU was cannon, they are definitely borrowing elements from it. They already gave us Kylo so why not the other Solo child :mjpls:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Movie was :whoo::pachaha::ohlawd::to::lupe:

I was just waiting for Han to die as soon as Ren mentioned he didn't think he had the strength or whatever. Never even got to see Han and Luke 1 more time :bryan:

I like that Ren didn't get Darth Mauled, but goddamn Phasma couldn't even fire a shot in this? Hopefully she survived and is in Episode 8