Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
also are tickets pre orderd for days so we cant even get tickets if we wanted to ?

the streets want to know.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

CHL

Superstar
Daps
i knew you nerds would pull this shyt :dead: literally every time a star wars movie comes out you guys hype the shyt outta of it only to be disappointed the day later. :mjlol: yall never gon learn.
All 6 have been at least quality though :dame:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because evidence has pointed to Luke equating Rey for some time, and the story seems to back that up.

Finn does NOT come off as Han-Solo'ish in this. One of the guys in the reddit thread even says this.

Han was never a coward like that. Hans story was Selfish/Greedy Smuggler -> Sacrificing for the greater good.

Finns story is Incompetent Coward -> Incompetent, but brave
How is Finn a coward ?
he quits the first order saves Poe, takes the saber (which Rey refuses ) fights with saber , helps save Rey ,tries and fights Kylo . That's not cowardly or incompetent
I bet you gonna say this no matter what happens. As I pointed out before if you just describe some scenes from the OT Luke sounds like a lame and doesn't get the girl . Also outside of the dessert stuff how does Rey really equate to Luke ? He was running from his destiny

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
How is Finn a coward ?
he quits the first order saves Poe, takes the saber (which Rey refuses ) fights with saber , helps save Rey ,tries and fights Kylo . That's not cowardly or incompetent
I bet you gonna say this no matter what happens. As I pointed out before if you just describe some scenes from the OT Luke sounds like a lame and doesn't get the girl . Also outside of the dessert stuff how does Rey really equate to Luke ? He was running from his destiny

I said that he becomes brave by the end.

But his arc doesn't match Han's, neither does his characterization.

Finn was used for simple misdirection purposes, nothing more and nothing less. He's a comedic dorky sidekick that gets his ass beat in every fight (Although, I did read that he might stand up to Phasma at the end.

So Finn ain't a Jedi and he ain't get no p*ssy. :wow:

Yeah, it now seems as though the "romance" shyt was overstated as well. People are saying "friendzone" now.

JOBBER!

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I said that he becomes brave by the end.

But his arc doesn't match Han's, neither does his characterization.

Finn was used for simple misdirection purposes, nothing more and nothing less. He's a comedic dorky sidekick that gets his ass beat in every fight (Although, I did read that he might stand up to Phasma at the end.

Yeah, it now seems as though the "romance" shyt was overstated as well. People are saying "friendzone" now.

JOBBER!
WOW JUST fukkING WOW SMH

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Apparently

Finn takes a crossguard to the shoulder, then gets a slash to his back.

Rey beats him "fair and square". Slashes Kylo's face at the end of the fight.

No limbs lost by any party.

Finn in Coma.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
there's way too much hand wringing going on. its a JJ Abrams flick we are dealing with here, nice two hour fun times, easily forgotten in about a week. this is not Nolan and em we're talking about and there will be no facile attempt to make it deep or whatnot (one reasons why those prequels sucked). It'll more than likely be Avatar with a smidgeon of pigeon. And who of us didn't enjoy watching alien Dances with Wolves during the festive season.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
They pretty much turned finn into the princess leia
whoever wrote this movie should be ashamed