Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
be specific, what genre, don't act like a bytch, talk like you know something,
we got a tough guy over here :heh:

if star wars is bad, in general, what films do you find that are similar, either fantasy or adventure, which are superior. I am specifically referring to the original trilogy.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
been saying this forever. I personally don't care for the Jedi. Would rather have a character of bravery and character. On the other hand, I can't deny the bait and switch of the advertisements.
The bait and switch is what grinds my (and others) gears.

And it's not just him not being a force sensitive.

They promoted Rey/Finn/Poe as the "Big 3". Talked about how this was "their movie".

Other times, calling Rey and Finn "Co-leads".

All the marketing and interviews and shyt suggested that Finn was going to, at the very least, come out of this looking like he could truly CARRY (With Rey) these movies. They were EVERYWHERE together.

But it seems as though Han is more prominent than both Finn & Poe in this.

Look, I've never been on that male rights activist tip. I'm okay that they are making Rey the true "Luke" of the trilogy.

But it seems that SOMEONE (cough JJ, KK cough) had a complete blind-spot to the fact that, just as women are often relegated in movies, so are blacks.

And what makes it worst is that you just KNOW we are about to get a bunch of articles and praise and shyt about how "groundbreaking" Rey is for movies. How progressive Lucasfilm is. How we NEEDED a strong woman character like this.

They WERE trying to pull some of that shyt with Boyega...but I can guaran-damn-tee that we won't be hearing that shyt once all the major reviews start rolling in.

They legit used his character to "hold" the lightsaber for Rey. You can't tell me that's not problematic.

Many of us spotted the backtracking a week or two ago. We were told not to worry. Well, we were right.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
we got a tough guy over here :heh:

if star wars is bad, in general, what films do you find that are similar, either fantasy or adventure, which are superior. I am specifically referring to the original trilogy.

I just said don't act like a bytch, speak up, maybe you need to toughen up and stop being so sensitive

I said the fantasy genre is trash, there aren't good flims in that genre

I already said the first matrix was a good science fiction film, but science fiction films in general are trash, unless they are crossed with other genres
which the matrix was with the action genre

the first one, the other two were trash

star trek with jj adrams were trash

I only way these types of film can be made with quality is if people demand it and stop accepting this garbage, this is the point I'm making

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I just said don't act like a bytch, speak up, maybe you need to toughen up and stop being so sensitive

I said the fantasy genre is trash, there aren't good flims in that genre

I already said the first matrix was a good science fiction film, but science fiction films in general are trash, unless they are crossed with other genres
which the matrix was with the action genre

the first one, the other two were trash

I only way these types of film can be made with quality is if people demand it and stop accepting this garbage, this is the point I'm making

:ufdup:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

I said the fantasy genre is trash
science fiction films in general are trash
the other two were trash
alright. Scifi is trash
fantasy is trash
star trek is trash
matrix 2 and 3 is trash
star wars is trash

ok :ld:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Today I just realized that I wasted two months of my life arguing about something I was absolutely wrong about. The spoilers I've read today read like a nightmare and they actually did a bait and switch. This is Hunger Games 2.0, Rey is the greatest Mary Sue that ever Sued and Finn is exactly the kind of character I expected Hollywood to pat themselves on the back for opening up to a young POC. Non threatening and neutered. Great he even gets a peck on the cheek to seal the deal.
About Finn:wow:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alright. Scifi is trash
fantasy is trash
star trek is trash
matrix 2 and 3 is trash
star wars is trash

ok :ld:

Exactly, you probably dikk ride that shytty ass film blade runner like is some kind of masterpeice

when he was shyt on when he first came out and only had cult classic status because of the effects at the time were top notch, kinda like stwar wars

it was a visual achievement for film making, nothing more, the story is trash

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Today I just realized that I wasted two months of my life arguing about something I was absolutely wrong about. The spoilers I've read today read like a nightmare and they actually did a bait and switch. This is Hunger Games 2.0, Rey is the greatest Mary Sue that ever Sued and Finn is exactly the kind of character I expected Hollywood to pat themselves on the back for opening up to a young POC. Non threatening and neutered. Great he even gets a peck on the cheek to seal the deal.

not surprised about this, studios want female lead young adult adventure trash to ride that wave

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I've seen him described as

"a goldfish for Rey to take care of"

:mjcry:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
not surprised about this, studios want female lead young adult adventure trash to ride that wave

Catching-Fire-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

:grootcry:

I am Groot...