Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Isnt there a possibility that Finns character will grow in importance as the trilogy continues? I wouldnt dismiss the movie completely if they let some old heads like Han/Leia/Luke get shine in the 1st installment

Its pretty clear that Rey, Finn & Poe will be the major players for all three movies, ala Luke, Leia & Han from the OG trilogy

:ld:

Hope you're right breh

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Another thing that perplexes me about the so called leaks

According to JJ this movie is supposed to answer and explore the question of "Who Is Luke Skywalker?" You can hardly do that with Mark Hamill being in the movie for all of 5 seconds with no dialogue. A lot of these spoilers make NO sense within the context of the marketing and the interviews by JJ and cast. Captain Phasm is supposed to be this new generation Bobba Fett and yet is barely in the movie? Finn is cast as the male lead and yet he's a nobody who just hams along for the ride? Rey is all of a sudden more powerful in the Force than Kylo, whose apparently been kicking ass and taking names to the point where it drove Luke into seclusion? None of this makes any sense...

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
For me, I'm not reading the spoilers, but I've seen the panic that he may or may not be a Jedi. Which we don't know until we personally watch it. But I'll say a lot of the coolest characters thoughout Star Wars have never even used a lightsaber. Lando and Han are examples. Boba Fett the Gawd too. Who cares? Just watch the movie and then make your opinion. If you wanted to base your opinion off one dude being force sensitive or not then u were never looking forward to the actual film.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Isnt there a possibility that Finns character will grow in importance as the trilogy continues? I wouldnt dismiss the movie completely if they let some old heads like Han/Leia/Luke get shine in the 1st installment

Its pretty clear that Rey, Finn & Poe will be the major players for all three movies, ala Luke, Leia & Han from the OG trilogy

:ld:

Like I said in another thread, Luke went from a brat to a boss in the OT. Sometimes you just need to let the story and arc play out

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
For me, I'm not reading the spoilers, but I've seen the panic that he may or may not be a Jedi. Which we don't know until we personally watch it. But I'll say a lot of the coolest characters throughout Star Wars have never even used a lightsaber. Lando and Han are examples. Boba Fett the Gawd too. Who cares? Just watch the movie and then make your opinion. If you wanted to base your opinion off one dude being force sensitive or not then u were never looking forward to the actual film.

Yep. Han, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett and Lando were some of the most , interesting characters in the series and none of them were force sensitive. I think Finn not being force sensitive would be more interesting because it opens the doors to what his adventures could be in the future films more. We know The Template for a Jedi -in-training like Luke or Anakin or Rey. The light/dark struggle. The monk type existence... Finn could become a spy for the Resistance. He could become a commander on a ship. He could become a legendary assassin. The possibilities are endless. I am not a subscriber of the theory that you have to have what someone else has got to lead a meaningful or even powerful life. Too many brothers on here got that cac comparison mentality instead of appreciating the beauty in being different and unique and then embracing it.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said in another thread, Luke went from a brat to a boss in the OT. Sometimes you just need to let the story and arc play out

Yeah but Luke had prominence and importance in the first film. These spoilers if true make it sound like Finn meanders around for most of the film accomplishing little.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Yeah but Luke had prominence and importance in the first film. These spoilers if true make it sound like Finn meanders around for most of the film accomplishing little.
We already know he helps Poe escape from Ren in the first act. We also know he helps Rey escape Jakku in the first act too.
That alone is a lot of importance.

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
would i be able to watch this saturday or are tickets preordered for days?

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Clearly this shyt is garbage and Abrams just trolled us. I'm boycotting this garbage, fukk Star Wars and Abrams.
I feel used, man. I really do. The only reason I got excited was Boyega.

Well let Jews and cac worshipping Chinks (apologies to JoeyChizzle) do them. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....