STAR WARS - REVENGE OF THE SITH (GOD DAMN!!!)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
question for my brehs about Revenge of the Sith

even though we all understand the story was already written for Anakin to lose to Obi... does anybody think at the end of Anakin and Obi Wan duel on Mustafar that Kenobi should've just killed Anakin once he started BURNING ALIVE ?

I mean I know he told Yoda he wouldn't kill him, but Kenobi pretty much left Anakin for dead anyway, it wasn't like he knew Palatine was on his way to save Anakin just in time, unless it was in a book or something.

Seriously, Obi went from being like a young father to Anakin to an older brother when Anakin got older.

Plus Anakin saved Obi's life at least right times they said,so basically you defeat Anakin but then leave him to burn to death instead of giving him a mercy killing.

Just interested in y'all thoughts, there's no right or wrong answer to me

btw just got info I really liked Revenge of the Sith, I'm not one of those cult followers who hated it simply because it wasn't Empire Strikes Back lol
i think he didnt mercy kill because he thought of his as a brother and left it as he can burn and feel pain and reflect on what he done..

Killing him was the easy way out

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
question for my brehs about Revenge of the Sith

even though we all understand the story was already written for Anakin to lose to Obi... does anybody think at the end of Anakin and Obi Wan duel on Mustafar that Kenobi should've just killed Anakin once he started BURNING ALIVE ?

I mean I know he told Yoda he wouldn't kill him, but Kenobi pretty much left Anakin for dead anyway, it wasn't like he knew Palatine was on his way to save Anakin just in time, unless it was in a book or something.

Seriously, Obi went from being like a young father to Anakin to an older brother when Anakin got older.

Plus Anakin saved Obi's life at least right times they said,so basically you defeat Anakin but then leave him to burn to death instead of giving him a mercy killing.

Just interested in y'all thoughts, there's no right or wrong answer to me

btw just got info I really liked Revenge of the Sith, I'm not one of those cult followers who hated it simply because it wasn't Empire Strikes Back lol
I think it's kind of a hindsight thing really. Almost anyone would assume that dude's dead after being chopped up and put in lava

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
i think he didnt mercy kill because he thought of his as a brother and left it as he can burn and feel pain and reflect on what he done..

Killing him was the easy way out

I feel what you're saying, but are you saying Obi WANTED Anakin to suffer like that out of everything they been through together ? Seems cruel and not the Jedi way, plus Mace Windu was going to kill Palatine after he refused to be arrested, and Yoda had every intention of killing Palpatine too when they fought.

The Jedi never came across as wanting people to suffer

thoughts breh ?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I feel what you're saying, but are you saying Obi WANTED Anakin to suffer like that out of everything they been through together ? Seems cruel and not the Jedi way, plus Mace Windu was going to kill Palatine after he refused to be arrested, and Yoda had every intention of killing Palpatine too when they fought.

The Jedi never came across as wanting people to suffer

thoughts breh ?
Obiwan walked off in disappointment .... His heart was broken. Killing Anakin wouldve killed him..... mace killing the sith lord is not the same as (using your own words) your son then brother...

valid point about suffering. I did just make that up when i responded.. Didnt fully think it out.. I think Obiwan walked off for himself rather than harming Anakin

Honestly, Yoda and Obiwan screwed up. They each fought the wrong fight and they both lost.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Obiwan walked off in disappointment .... His heart was broken. Killing Anakin wouldve killed him..... mace killing the sith lord is not the same as (using your own words) your son then brother...

valid point about suffering. I did just make that up when i responded.. Didnt fully think it out.. I think Obiwan walked off for himself rather than harming Anakin

Honestly, Yoda and Obiwan screwed up. They each fought the wrong fight and they both lost.

enjoying this chat brehs, thanks for the input

I don't have a link but I do believe George Lucas said more than once that Mace Windu straight up kicked Palpatine's a$$ fair and square and the Emperor didn't take a dive in the fight, he just got lucky Anakin showed up

also I know this wouldn't have worked because in the storyline the Emperor had to survive, but I kinda see where you're coming from saying Mace messed up, because after he saw how easily Palpatine killed the other Jedi who came with Mace he should've killed Palpatine right after he kicked him in the face, Anakin wouldn't had the chance to say sh*t because I would've killed Palpatine instead of putting him under arrest first, fukk all that, the Jedi killed Dooku and Grievous and Maul etc, fukk all the talking lmao, this is ultimate war lol

now imo Yoda and the Emperor's fight was a tie, the Emperor just got lucky he didn't fall off the Senate seat and Yoda lost his grip trying to hold on to his when they blew each other away

on a sidenote - just me personally I only liked episodes 1-6, plus Rogue One, but The Force Awakens trilogy was trash, unbiased, no hate, just trash imo lmao

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
7SO9M86_d.jpg

:russ:

nah real talk I woulda had to fukk Natalie Portman too if I was Anakin and I saw her in Attack of the Clones, plus she was attracted to him too, just playing hard to get lol
Still prob my favorite star wars movie.

obi wan had that Pernell Whitaker defense at the end until he was able to get the high ground and cut the fight short.

I feel what you're saying but Anakin had Obi Wan backtracking the whole fight, Obi was basically losing but Anakin let his emotions get the best of him and tried to flip OVER him with nowhere else to go, should've just at least pretended to admit defeat so he could have safely jumped from that little a$$ thing he was standing on in the lava

always reminded me of how stupid it was in Return of the Jedi how Luke THREW HIS SABRE AWAY after he defeated Vader

Like I get it Luke, you're not going to kill your father or join the dark side...but keep your fukkin lightsaber in your hand bro instead of emotionally tossing it to the side, even Yoda told Luke not to underestimate the power of the Emperor lmao

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
enjoying this chat brehs, thanks for the input

I don't have a link but I do believe George Lucas said more than once that Mace Windu straight up kicked Palpatine's a$$ fair and square and the Emperor didn't take a dive in the fight, he just got lucky Anakin showed up

also I know this wouldn't have worked because in the storyline the Emperor had to survive, but I kinda see where you're coming from saying Mace messed up, because after he saw how easily Palpatine killed the other Jedi who came with Mace he should've killed Palpatine right after he kicked him in the face, Anakin wouldn't had the chance to say sh*t because I would've killed Palpatine instead of putting him under arrest first, fukk all that, the Jedi killed Dooku and Grievous and Maul etc, fukk all the talking lmao, this is ultimate war lol

now imo Yoda and the Emperor's fight was a tie, the Emperor just got lucky he didn't fall off the Senate seat and Yoda lost his grip trying to hold on to his when they blew each other away

on a sidenote - just me personally I only liked episodes 1-6, plus Rogue One, but The Force Awakens trilogy was trash, unbiased, no hate, just trash imo lmao
Palpatine sensed Anakin showing up.... He stalled and Mace hesitated just enough for him to mind fukk Anakin.
Anakin killed Dooku
Grievous technically wasnt a Sith

I still shed a tear when they execute order 66 ... not as much as when i say it in theaters

I say Yoda lost as oppose to Sidous won.. oda was on the defensive but was unprepared.

And i dont acknowledge the new trilogy.. still havent watched ROS yet.. i refuse...

I posted about this before .. ANH was the second movie i saw in theaters in 1977.. my first was king kong in 1976

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Palpatine sensed Anakin showing up.... He stalled and Mace hesitated just enough for him to mind fukk Anakin.
Anakin killed Dooku
Grievous technically wasnt a Sith

I still shed a tear when they execute order 66 ... not as much as when i say it in theaters

I say Yoda lost as oppose to Sidous won.. oda was on the defensive but was unprepared.

And i dont acknowledge the new trilogy.. still havent watched ROS yet.. i refuse...

I posted about this before .. ANH was the second movie i saw in theaters in 1977.. my first was king kong in 1976

when I get my new phone I will look it up, but I'm pretty sure George Lucas said Mace beat Palp, and Palpatine didn't sense Anakin coming at the last minute, I know the Emperor was a genius, but Yoda and Mace were the two most powerful Jedi, Anakin even referenced how powerful Mace was in Attack of the Clones

and let's not forget my fellow Star Wars breh that when Yoda rolled up on Sidious and Sidious hit him with the Force lightning and let Yoda get back up while he was poppin sh*t, Yoda hit the Emperor with the Force all the way across the room and then Palpatine tried to run like a b1tch and Yoda cut him off at the door and was basically like if you're so powerful why leave ?

Now they didn't show how the fight got to the Senate room, but Palp had the high ground and was hurling senate seats at Yoda, now before that the light sabre duel was equal imo, and when Yoda jumped back up on the Senate seat to fight him Sidious tried to overwhelm him with Force lightning but Yoda pushed back with the Force and they blew each other away, that's why I said it was a tie imo because Palp luckily caught a grip on the seat, but Yoda couldn't hang on and fell, then Palps goons showed up

as far as General Grievous he didn't have the Force with him, but he was highly trained in light sabre fighting by Dooku, had four arms and had killed many Jedi already, it showed how nice Grievous was in these two animated Clone War movies that went straight to DVD, but Grievous was nice, just not good enough to handle a master like Obi Wan or somebody

I'm enjoying this Convo breh, one thing we BOTH AGREE ON is that The Star Wars movies after Revenge of the Sith sucked d1ck, except for Rogue One, that was actually good, recommend you check it out if you haven't seen it

but yeah breh don't waste your time watching The Force Awakens trilogy, they were all pure garbage, had the same storyline as episodes 4,5, and 6 and they completely fvcked up all of the OG characters

personally I thought they should've left the Skywalker bloodline alone and just did brand new Star Wars stories

for example Star Wars put out a trilogy book from the point of view from the Sith called Darth Bane, even if you've never read any Star Wars books, the Darth Bane trilogy is piff, they should have made those into movies instead of The Force Awakens bullsh1t, lol

Oh and one more thing about Revenge of the Sith that was dope was how emotional and tragic it was, it was a very layered movie and I think we both agree on that as well

I'm going to shoot you some rep points if I can, but if you want some new Star Wars piff cop The Darth Bane trilogy on paperback, cuz e-books fvck up sometimes or something could happen to your computer or tablet or whatever

stay cool breh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
when I get my new phone I will look it up, but I'm pretty sure George Lucas said Mace beat Palp, and Palpatine didn't sense Anakin coming at the last minute, I know the Emperor was a genius, but Yoda and Mace were the two most powerful Jedi, Anakin even referenced how powerful Mace was in Attack of the Clones

and let's not forget my fellow Star Wars breh that when Yoda rolled up on Sidious and Sidious hit him with the Force lightning and let Yoda get back up while he was poppin sh*t, Yoda hit the Emperor with the Force all the way across the room and then Palpatine tried to run like a b1tch and Yoda cut him off at the door and was basically like if you're so powerful why leave ?

Now they didn't show how the fight got to the Senate room, but Palp had the high ground and was hurling senate seats at Yoda, now before that the light sabre duel was equal imo, and when Yoda jumped back up on the Senate seat to fight him Sidious tried to overwhelm him with Force lightning but Yoda pushed back with the Force and they blew each other away, that's why I said it was a tie imo because Palp luckily caught a grip on the seat, but Yoda couldn't hang on and fell, then Palps goons showed up

as far as General Grievous he didn't have the Force with him, but he was highly trained in light sabre fighting by Dooku, had four arms and had killed many Jedi already, it showed how nice Grievous was in these two animated Clone War movies that went straight to DVD, but Grievous was nice, just not good enough to handle a master like Obi Wan or somebody

I'm enjoying this Convo breh, one thing we BOTH AGREE ON is that The Star Wars movies after Revenge of the Sith sucked d1ck, except for Rogue One, that was actually good, recommend you check it out if you haven't seen it

but yeah breh don't waste your time watching The Force Awakens trilogy, they were all pure garbage, had the same storyline as episodes 4,5, and 6 and they completely fvcked up all of the OG characters

personally I thought they should've left the Skywalker bloodline alone and just did brand new Star Wars stories

for example Star Wars put out a trilogy book from the point of view from the Sith called Darth Bane, even if you've never read any Star Wars books, the Darth Bane trilogy is piff, they should have made those into movies instead of The Force Awakens bullsh1t, lol

Oh and one more thing about Revenge of the Sith that was dope was how emotional and tragic it was, it was a very layered movie and I think we both agree on that as well

I'm going to shoot you some rep points if I can, but if you want some new Star Wars piff cop The Darth Bane trilogy on paperback, cuz e-books fvck up sometimes or something could happen to your computer or tablet or whatever

stay cool breh

Mace had Palpatine dead to rights, according to George Lucas himself:

You're not lying about this new trilogy being trash.
These new movies made Anakin's sacrifice meaningless by bringing Palpatine back...
They made everything the heroes fought for in the OG trilogy pointless by dismantling the New Jedi Order and the New Repbublic offscreen...
Worst of all, they completely destroyed everything Luke Skywalker was ever about as a character and made him a sulking coward who died alone on some rock.
Like how does Luke Skywalker go out and try to kill his own flesh and blood for having nightmares about the dark side. This is the same dude who gave JABBA THE HUTT hella chances to free Han Solo and risked his own life trying to prove there was still good in DARTH VADER... it makes no sense for Luke to give up on people that easily.

At least the prequels expanded on the lore and gave us something different that you didn't have in the OG movies--we saw the Jedi in their prime, we saw the clone wars,we saw the Republic, we had cool new characters like Mace Windu/Maul/etc, and we saw how Anakin fell to the Dark Side.

They should have stuck with adapting the storylines from the books/comics/etc from the OG Expanded universe.
They could have done all kinds of movies and animated shows that followed Tales of the Jedi, the tragedy of Ulic Qel Droma, the Darth Bane Trilogy, the Han Solo and Lando trilogies, Dark Forces, Shadows of the Empire, the Bounty Hunter Wars, the Thrawn Trilogy, the New Jedi Order, the Yuuzhan Vong, etc.

And KK has the nerve to claim there's no source material :martin:

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
George Lucas confirmed years ago Mace legit packed Palpatine up because of Vaapad. His lightsaber style is basically a cheat code against dark side users as it turns the dark side against the one using it.

Sn: I'm reading the High Republic novels right now to get ready for the Acolyte show next year.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Besides being his favorite color and a personal request ... The purple saber worked since his style is a mixture of light and dark .. and with red being sith and blue for jedis the mixture of red and blue is purple... so i worked out perfectly.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

stay cool breh
forget those clone wars movies .... the series was piff though

Watch the clone wars series by genndy tartakovsky that was on cartoon network. It actually explains why grievous had that "cough" and it is the literal prequel to ROTS. (palpatine's kidnapping as told in the opening scroll IS in the cartoon)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
George Lucas confirmed years ago Mace legit packed Palpatine up because of Vaapad. His lightsaber style is basically a cheat code against dark side users as it turns the dark side against the one using it.

Sn: I'm reading the High Republic novels right now to get ready for the Acolyte show next year.
Ma$e windu was the truth

He turned into a dynasty warriors character wiping out armies lmfao

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
forget those clone wars movies .... the series was piff though

Watch the clone wars series by genndy tartakovsky that was on cartoon network. It actually explains why grievous had that "cough" and it is the literal prequel to ROTS. (palpatine's kidnapping as told in the opening scroll IS in the cartoon)

yeah breh, in the two animated Clone War movies I remember Grievous escaping the Jedi, but before he could fully escape Mace Windu used the Force and crushed his chest and messed up General Grievous breathing permanently.

when I have the time I will check out the Cartoon Network series you recommended, I'm actually reading a Star Wars book now about Vader and the Emperor, I will let you know if it's good

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
yeah breh, in the two animated Clone War movies I remember Grievous escaping the Jedi, but before he could fully escape Mace Windu used the Force and crushed his chest and messed up General Grievous breathing permanently.

when I have the time I will check out the Cartoon Network series you recommended, I'm actually reading a Star Wars book now about Vader and the Emperor, I will let you know if it's good

i think we talking about the same thing.. it was 3 minute shorts...

im not talking the 2008 CGI movie