STAR WARS - REVENGE OF THE SITH (GOD DAMN!!!)

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
7SO9M86_d.jpg

:russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:
I was too hard on this movie back in the day. I was one of those people that used to be way down on the prequels because of the Mr. Plinkett reviews. Episodes 1 and 2 are mostly :trash: but Revenge of the Sith is alright. They overdid it with the CG and the dialogue was terrible, but the overall story is legit. This movie hits different after watching Clone Wars :mjcry:

I like how both of Anakin's major duels before Obi-wan parallel Return of the Jedi.
Anakin having Dooku dead to rights in the opening act mirrors Luke in RotJ when he cut Vader's hand off. In both situations, Palpatine was egging them on to kill their defenseless opponent.
Anakin bodied Dooku, but Luke made the right choice to show Vader mercy.

I also liked the Palpatine vs Mace Duel and how that mirrors Vader's final decision to save Luke at the end of RotJ. In both situations Anakin had to make a galaxy altering choice while Palpatine was going all out with his force lightning. In Episode 3 his fear of loss gets the better of him and he sides with Palpatine, while in Episode 6 Anakin redeems himself by choosing the Jedi and his son over Palpatine in the end.
What's even crazier is that both Mace and Palpatine even got murked in similar ways--both were both thrown out of a high place to their deaths while getting electrocuted :wow:

On top of that, C3PO gets the first line in the OG Star Wars, and the last line in Revenge of the Sith.

The parallels :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OG Trilogy
Clone Wars, Mandalorian
Revenge of the Sith *
Rogue One **
Solo***
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Force Awakens****
Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker*****

* Revenge of the Sith has a compelling story, dope parallels with Return of the Jedi, and good character development for Anakin/Obi-Wan/Palpatine, but the clunky dialogue and over reliance on CG holds it back. RotS is not as good as the OG films, but it’s still solid and it definitely holds up better than any of the Disney movies. Star Wars just doesn’t hit the same without George Lucas’ vision behind it.
(This movie makes a lot more sense after watching Clone Wars)

** Rogue One has dope action set pieces in the third act, but it gave us zero memorable characters. The droid had more charisma and swag than all of the human characters combined. The Vader hallway scene was fire though.

*** Solo :snooze:

**** TFA would have been higher, but the next two movies tainted it. The Force Awakens had a lot of red flags looking back. (Rey being too powerful with no training, Finn being treated like a joke, weak villains, all the OG heroes and their accomplishments getting thrown in the bushes, etc.) A lot of us gave it a pass because it was only the first movie so there was still a chance to salvage it.

***** I’m not even sure what is worse between TLJ and RoS. IMO Rise of Skywalker is a worse movie, but Last Jedi was a worse Star Wars movie because of how badly they disrespected the established lore and the character of Luke Skywalker.

Last edited: