Star Wars Outlaws (2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looking like this'll be a "Wait for Black Friday" Ubisoft special, which is unfortunate.

What seems the most frustrating, at least from what I've seen so far, is that the character movement looks about as stiff as it does in the Division series. It kind've works for those games because I think people have an accepted level of movement jank in cover shooters in general, let alone third person Tom Clancy games/tactical cover shooters.

I was hoping maybe Massive was overhauling locomotion for the game since this was going to be something slightly different, but that looks like that ain't happening. That said, Massive is great at overhauling a game, so if the game sells well enough, I can see Ubisoft giving them time to work this one over a bit.

People were saying this looked like uncharted, and im thinking have, Yall seen the locomotion/animation/control system of an uncharted game?”

image0.gif

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
This is nothing like Uncharted. To my surface glance, it looks like Massive put the bulk of their efforts into environment and world building...and went almost bare bones on everything else. Fight/melee system is a joke, and you can't keep weapons you come across, the voice acting and facial mapping...yikes.

"Subscription" though :mjlol:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Only thing i'm worried about is a lot of the gameplay i've seen focuses on stealth.
I enjoy maybe one or two stealth missions in a game. but i don't like playing that for 40+ hours
I love sneaking around when it’s done right. Splinter Cell, Hitman, Styx, Thief, Dishonored and Metal Gear, friend. :blessed:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:If you like what you see then don’t let any reviewers or score. Talk you out or shame you for supporting said product. To me Wukong is a more exciting game. While Ubi Star Wars looks like a great 7/10 experience.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I agree with most reviewers after playing the game for a few hours. The gameplay is very lacking here. This is honestly a AC stealth game inside a Star Wars skin.

A lot of missions you are forced to play stealth style because you have one pistol and you can't really go guns blazing. You can only get rifles, snipers from others rather than having your own and are not allowed to take it with you, so your experience with those weapons is pretty much the segment you pick it up for. A lot of AC climbing parts early in the game so far, tons of going through vents like you are Spider-Man. The animations for these moves also looks very poor. In overall, I am kind of worried about the new AC now because I thought Ubisoft would really improve here but it feels like a step back.

The world is beautiful though, plenty of variety between space and planets. The characters are cool too. I think those that are really fans of the universe will care, but if you are going in with some expectations of decent gameplay, you will not appreciate it. This game is heavy focused on detective, stealth style rather than going all out. A 7 to 8 is a very fair score.