Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters

Lweezy

Banned
Daps
StarTrekPicardVader.gif~c200

Star Trek all day. The DS9 and TNG franchises alone shyt all over the Star Wars' reboots. :yeshrug: The character development in DS9 The Borg. Species 8472. The Founders and the Jem'Hadar. The Doctor. Captain Sisko. Worf. Jadzia Dax. Odo. Data. Geordie. Captain Picard. :banderas: That episode where Captain Sisko got lost in time, but appeared to Jake. :mjcry:
:childplease:..

You smokin poo

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Star Wars for me, 1st sci-fi action movie I ever saw in the theater as a kid. Implanted in my brain. The original 3 are just classics no question, wasn't into the 3 new ones that followed. The last 2 were pretty good.

Wasn't into to Trek heavy as a kid, just didn't spark much interest from me. Now the Trek movies from the last few years, I have them all, love the storyline, tech, 4K, surround sound, all of it.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Trek is more cerebral and more of a thinking man's (gender plural) show.

Very philosophical and analytical, usually trying to convey some sort of message for you to think about and ponder on

Star Wars is more of a fantasy adventure type Spielberg-ish thrill ride with sprinkles of philosophy sprinkled in here or there

The biggest difference is.... one could be a Star Trek fan and watch an entire episode/movie without an action scene and be totally satisfied intellectually with what was presented if executed properly.

Star Wars without action scenes are pretty much unacceptable.

I'm a fan of both for different reasons, but as it stands in 2018 with Last Jedi being meh and Solo getting mixed reviews......and Star Trek Discovery's first season being critically acclaimed (along with The Orville, yes I consider that Star Trek, regardless of what it's called) I'd have to say that I'm currently leaning towards Trek at the moment.
I never noticed this but you totally on point here. Geordi & Data were my dudes. Could spend an entire episode with Geordi trying to explain "feelings" & Data like :gucci: the Borg were :demonic: "You will assimilate" :picard: Which captain was out there smashing bad green chicks :takedat:. When they went to a new planet & you had that newbie red shirt on :francis:. Trek got moments I remember, Wars got Vader & Maul.

Star Wars: If it ain't Yoda, Windu, the Sith. or a lightsaber battle I don't really fukk with it. Ima try Rouge One cause the brehs on here seem to like it.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
As far as Cardies go, I'll raise you a Elim Garak or Enabran Tain.

Bashir and Garak discussing The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Bashir: The point of the story is that if you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you. Even, when you're telling the truth.

Garak: You sure that's the point Doctor?

Bashir: Of course, what else could it be?

Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice (walks out of the infirmary like a boss).

Respect :ehh:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never noticed this but you totally on point here. Geordi & Data were my dudes. Could spend an entire episode with Geordi trying to explain "feelings" & Data like :gucci: the Borg were :demonic: "You will assimilate" :picard: Which captain was out there smashing bad green chicks :takedat:. When they went to a new planet & you had that newbie red shirt on :francis:. Trek got moments I remember, Wars got Vader & Maul.

Star Wars: If it ain't Yoda, Windu, the Sith. or a lightsaber battle I don't really fukk with it. Ima try Rouge One cause the brehs on here seem to like it.
Voyager really fukked up the borg smh. Sisko was up in the dax guts one episode. Data and Geordi was goat lol.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bashir: The point of the story is that if you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you. Even, when you're telling the truth.

Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice (walks out of the infirmary like a boss).
Garak was the best trek character ever imo.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Garak was the best trek character ever imo. Bashir became great in the 5th 7th and 7th seasons.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Maybe

I’m surprised to see how the Coli is pro Trekkie
Unless you going off the nostalgia & movie visual experience Trek was always better. Story, Characters, Brehs, Hopeless harlots, supremacists, they had them. Wars deals with shyt we don't give a fukk about, nobody in the hood "relate" to most this shyt. Give me a mil & I'll write a better picture.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
Y'all nikkaz are sum cot damn liars :hhh:

Im sick to my stomach seeing all this c00n star trek worshipping

Outta be ashamed of yall selves

There's nothing ever made thats touching the OG star wars trilogy

Not talking bout the prequels or the new Disney abominations

I'm talking origanal 77 star wars :usure:

Harrison ford