• Star Trek

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Star Wars because it's the only one I'm familiar with. I agree that is overrated.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i grew up watching the first three star wars movies...

star trek always seemed too hard to get into. too many episodes.

i did try watching the most recent reboot. kinda enjoyed the first 3 episodes, but never kept up with it.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Star wars before or after Kathleen Kennedy? :hubie:

EDIT:
TNG was my shyt back in the day :wow: ....I tried deep space 9 for a season or 2 but couldn't hold on.:francis: I stopped watching some time after they started exploring the other side of the worm whole.:yeshrug: My cousin said it got better sometime shortly after I stopped watching.:jbhmm: But it was to slow and they hardly ever went anywhere:scust:

454364.jpg

Dark matter on syfy was my shyt :ohlawd: ...I think they canceled seaeon 4 a couple months back :mjcry:

Waitaminute breh you haven't seen DS9?

My dude... :wow:...

You fukked up. :ufdup:

DS9 is better than TNG, and I LOVE TNG too.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Trek is more cerebral and more of a thinking man's (gender plural) show.

Very philosophical and analytical, usually trying to convey some sort of message for you to think about and ponder on

Star Wars is more of a fantasy adventure type Spielberg-ish thrill ride with sprinkles of philosophy sprinkled in here or there

The biggest difference is.... one could be a Star Trek fan and watch an entire episode/movie without an action scene and be totally satisfied intellectually with what was presented if executed properly.

Star Wars without action scenes are pretty much unacceptable.

I'm a fan of both for different reasons, but as it stands in 2018 with Last Jedi being meh and Solo getting mixed reviews......and Star Trek Discovery's first season being critically acclaimed (along with The Orville, yes I consider that Star Trek, regardless of what it's called) I'd have to say that I'm currently leaning towards Trek at the moment.

Last edited:
Daps
I like both, but it's Star Trek. Star Trek isn't afraid to use their entire universe to tell a story (Not these new movies except Beyond which was dope). Star Wars is seemingly terrified to tell stories outside of their main universe and characters. People want new stories and you have a massive universe and refuse to do so which is disappointing. I won't be seeing Solo and the Boba Fett movies because fukk that. Give me some new shyt like Rogue One (Their best movie and also their most different movie)

Star Trek is just better in general in terms of making you think and storytelling. Star Wars is a really cookie cutter turn your brain off action flick. There really is no comparison between the two.

Last edited: