• Star Wars

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Neither franchise is in a good place creatively right now. It's been said to death how bad The Last Jedi was, and Solo was decent for what it was, but that didn't stop it from flopping.

The first season of Star Trek Discovery was entertaining, but ultimately mindless schlock that had nothing to say, which is more like the Kelvin movies than classic Trek. It's crazy how The Orville, a 'parody' of Star Trek, had more balls and actually made you think more than the real Star Trek show.
I agree discovery was to much like abrams trek but it got better as the season went on I pretend it isnt prime thats what gets me through. I hope the new series with Patrick Stewart will bring that old feeling back but we still dont really know what that is going to be about yet. I wish they would just let him be a captain since he looks damn near the same as 30 years ago but I think he will be a old man in this new show.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Stargate SG-1 is the GOAT! StarTrek TNG is 2nd with DS9 a close third. I love all the StarTrek though.

Babylon 5 is coming on the Comet channel every week. Watched the opening movie "The Gathering" and now I'm on episode 2.

I have to say, so far this shyt is boring.People say it picks up in the later seasons though.
Babylon 5 is the best of them all, but it does take some time to get up to speed. Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.
I tried brehs. I just can't get into Babylon 5.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I tried brehs. I just can't get into Babylon 5.

No shame in it. The first season is a chore for a lot of reasons. But the payoff is that it becomes probably the best story in Sci-fi in seasons 3 and 4.

Babylon 5 is the shyt..... but very dated. The 90's CGI is the main thing that makes it hard to watch. It's one of those properties that could do well with a modern reboot. With today's TV, especially with what's on streaming and cable, and CGI, it could be epic.

Yea it's hard on the eyes for sure.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Neither.. For a long time - I thought they were the same thing

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Babylon 5 is the shyt..... but very dated. The 90's CGI is the main thing that makes it hard to watch. It's one of those properties that could do well with a modern reboot. With today's TV, especially with what's on streaming and cable, and CGI, it could be epic.
At one point they were talking about a reboot. They should just update the fx. Honestly I still watch the show since I don't really care about the cgi when it comes to sci-fi. Thats probably why Discovery does nothing for me lol.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Why did I have to see this shyt? Both of these franchises are walking corpses.

I voted Trek off course.

Star Wars stopped being a thing for me after Return of the Jedi. VOY, ENT were major drop-offs, but still palatable. Kelvin stuff was disposable and Discovery is the devil.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Why did I have to see this shyt? Both of these franchises are walking corpses.

I voted Trek off course.

Star Wars stopped being a thing for me after Return of the Jedi. VOY, ENT were major drop-offs, but still palatable. Kelvin stuff was disposable and Discovery is the devil.

2009 Star Trek was fun though, even if it was for da kids

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
2009 Star Trek was fun though, even if it was for da kids

Sure, it's a good movie. It hits all the right marks for a blockbuster type film, but unfortunately 09 has now become the default for what Star Trek is going forward. I enjoyed it for what it was because when it came out they told us it was a different timeline and this fun 'reboot' was a way to reinvigorate a franchise that most would agree had seen its heyday. But since then we got a butchery of TWOK and an average third film no one saw. The baby has been thrown out with the bath water. I'm just waiting on the DS9 doc and hoping they can get the whole thing in HD at some point.

:picard: Discovery.

I keep starting and stopping with it. Total self-torture. I didn't watch this or last week. I don't think I could handle the debut of hipster Spock.

Daps
Neither franchise is in a good place creatively right now. It's been said to death how bad The Last Jedi was, and Solo was decent for what it was, but that didn't stop it from flopping.

The first season of Star Trek Discovery was entertaining, but ultimately mindless schlock that had nothing to say, which is more like the Kelvin movies than classic Trek. It's crazy how The Orville, a 'parody' of Star Trek, had more balls and actually made you think more than the real Star Trek show.
The second season of Discovery has been fantastic though. Anson Mount as Pike is perfect casting

Daps
I find some of the acting hammy. I've been spoiled by TNG and DS9
I mean it’s an all new group. That’s why Mount and the Emperor stand out so much. Think about how long it took DS9 and TNG to hit their stride. First season of TNG is damn near unwatchable. Every Trek show goes through this. Hell most sci fi shows in general do. Only one in recent memory that just hit the ground running and never stopped is The battlestar galatica reboot