winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
peace-disappear.gif

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Coincidentally, I just got an email from Steam that KOTOR & KOTOR2 are on sale for $4. Going to grab them for when I get the urge given this likely will be delayed for years if not outright cancelled. Damn shame. You already have the story. All yiu need are QoL improvements and a modern engine. Wtf are they confused about?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I mean, all you have to do is look at the developers previous games and use some context clues. Realistically they didnt have the budget or the experience to turn this into something. With Hogwarts Legacy for instance, they had a similar amount of experience, but they had an insane budget. These guys probably have the same budget Nintendo gave to Retro for Metroid Prime 4. Retro has lots of experience, but the delay is coming from the budget side of the game.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Would have wanted the superior sequel remade more tbh but oh well. They could have filled in a lot of the the missing content. Kreia in KOTOR 2 is gawd tier voice acting and I doubt they could replicate that.

:wow:

Kotor ii is the best narrative from anything star wars imo

Not only wish it was finished, wish it never ended

I was super ingrossed in the narrative. I played it before kotor 1, so it was hard for me to even get into cause it felt a lot more black and white and predictable

Last edited:
Daps
Kotor ii is the best narrative from anything star wars imo

Not only wish it was finished, wish it never ended

I was super ingrossed in the narrative. I played it before kotor 1, so it was hard for me to even get into cause it felt a lot more black and white and predictable
Yeah, I see that. I played them when they came out, so KotOR 2 hit perfectly because it was unexpectedly a complete deconstruction of the whole ethos about the force from the first game.

Obsidian are the GOAT story-tellers to me when it comes to games, especially when they get J.E. Sawyer or Chris Avellone in the room to develop things.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The way they've fumbled KOTOR for more than a decade is unacceptable, just retarded decisions for like 15 years straight :smh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The way they've fumbled KOTOR for more than a decade is unacceptable, just retarded decisions for like 15 years straight :smh:
Rushing kotor 2 which imo would have been a one of the best sequels in gaming imo.

Then opting for old republic instead of kotor 3 :snoop:

Everything with the remake is disappointing but like prime 4 until we get actual gameplay footage I’m not putting it on my radar.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The amount of times Sony has "won" press conferences for trailers of games where there is just a title only for it to be complete bullshyt is increasing rapidly.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Yeah, I see that. I played them when they came out, so KotOR 2 hit perfectly because it was unexpectedly a complete deconstruction of the whole ethos about the force from the first game.

Obsidian are the GOAT story-tellers to me when it comes to games, especially when they get J.E. Sawyer or Chris Avellone in the room to develop things.
Forreal. Obsidian has always been the best at implementing actual role playing into video games. You actually can make decisions that affect the playthrough in a meaningful way. Not just press a button to be either a 100% a$$hole or doormat :russ:

Kotor 2 in particular had a strong effect on me cause the world felt believable and lived in. Hearing about my character's history throughout the course of the game and being able to decide their backstory was implemented in a really engaging way.

The exile is my favorite star wars character because of all the different ways you can role-playing them. Much more thought provoking than the original. Plus, the cast is way more interesting. From your allies to your Villains. Felt like a good mix of old tropes and fresh ideas. Everyone on the ebony hawk is pretty much sketchy for one reason or the other. The conversations with everyone aboard the ship were my favorite parts of the game. Dialouge was better written than most tv shows imo. Which is saying something cause they only had the writing, voice acting, and a handful of animations to work with. But it all works cause the writing is so good and the VA's all killed their roles.

It just makes everything else feel watered down by comparison. I can never get into Bethesda or bioware rpgs as much. I play through em but they don't stick with me like obsidian do.

It just makes me mad they always have these great stories but the games themselves are bugged out and a pain in the ass to play:why:

It's the same story everytime. They get called in to do a sequel to another publisher's game. It's miles better story wise but get rushed out by the publisher. It's filled with glitches that range from minor to game breaking and the ending isn't even finished

We got seriously robbed of kotor 2 and new vegas' true greatness :mjcry:

Beating the former on the Xbox was simultaneously a disappointment and accomplishment

Yes, you beat the game but the game literally just ends

Can't even say it's a cliffhanger. You kill the boss, see a brief cutscene of the ship fly off, and role credits :martin:

I need the closure :damn:

I suffered through so much bullshyt and jank to beat that game :sadcam:

It was the goat and what gaming experience :wow:

Like a toxic female with good puss :wow:

Also, ive never played the outer worlds but I hear it's buggy too, so I guess they still can't get right even with their own IP's :francis:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Also, ive never played the outer worlds but I hear it's buggy too, so I guess they still can't get right even with their own IP's
Alpha Protocol. I love that janky ass shyt. Story was nuts in a great way too. :mjlol:

Obsidian is my favorite dev for the reasons you stated above.

But yes, they always end up janky because of time and lack of funds. I think during Outer Worlds, they were going broke while making it.

Then Microsoft saved them from bankruptcy.

Daps
Outer Worlds is fine unless you're on Switch.

Now Alpha Protocol is another story. Great game, but the combat was the jankiest shyt I've ever played. It's actually so janky that it wraps back around to fun because you can easily abuse some of the perks.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Nas voice: For the last time Embracer Group can suck my dikk