Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - PS5, PC, XBOX X/S (April 28th, 2023) | Xbox One and PS4 (September 17, 2024)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can’t remember how long it took me to beat the last one…but I imagine it shouldn’t take me more than 2 weeks at a steady pace as long as I don’t encounter any game-breaking glitches late in the game like I did with cyberpunk…I’ve never experienced anything like that…completely killed any joy I had left for that game
Funny enough, having carved out some life bandwidth to play this, I finally got some motivation to finish up 2077 if I can’t pull the trigger on this one. Got it updated and all that. Would me $70 bucks for a little bit too :ehh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough, having carved out some life bandwidth to play this, I finally got some motivation to finish up 2077 if I can’t pull the trigger on this one. Got it updated and all that. Would me $70 bucks for a little bit too :ehh:

I just watched both blade runners again recently so I low key want to revisit cyberpunk…but I’m in a weird place…I’m deep enough in the game that I’m close to finishing but I had to put it on hold for such a long time bcuz of the glitches that I feel weird just randomly picking up from where I left off cuz I don’t really remember much…I think I’ll just start over from scratch when the idris elba DLC starts

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just watched both blade runners again recently so I low key want to revisit cyberpunk…but I’m in a weird place…I’m deep enough in the game that I’m close to finishing but i had to put it on hold for such a long time bcuz of the glitches that I feel weird just randomly picking up from where I left off cuz I don’t really remember much…I think I’ll just start over from scratch when the idris elba DLC starts
And I’m tryna finish CP before the DLC drops :russ: I got a good chunk through at the top of the yr after I got soft-locked at launch, and now I’m kinda in the same boat as you, where imma try to just pick back up. But I’m expecting imma end up just starting over when the DLC drops too. All this early access shyt has fukked up my gaming something serious. The neon vibes and shyt were always unmatched tho, even at launch

Now I got TOTK looming over everything in the next few months like Sting in the rafters :sadcam:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They still nerfed the power of the lightsaber in this shyt

It shouldn’t take 5 or 6 swings to kill enemies :beli:

If you slice with that shyt the enemies should immediately be cut in half
exactly that’ll be my justification for switching the gameplay to the easiest setting once things get a bit more difficult…it’ll be to keep the gameplay realistic

switched to padawan and changed it to performance mode…gameplay feels more fluid/fun to me…I’ll see how challenging the bosses are and switch it back to knight if they feel too easy

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
goddamn did the first game have this much platforming???

I’ve been jumping around/wall running more than anything else :pacspit:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The end of chapter 4 was annoying as fukk. I had no idea where to go because the game gives no direction. I had to circle around the level like 5 times before finding a small little opening in a random place. Pretty annoying. Only 2 more chapters left, but I got a ton of side quests that I may or may not do.

this is an issue I had with the last game that I’m quickly being reminded of now…there is something intuitive about playing games like metroid or some other games where exploration is encouraged as a result of very careful level design that makes it feel rewarding when you figure it out…with this shyt it just feels annoying…and the map doesn’t help much at all…it’s slightly improved in this game but not by much

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…and I really don’t need this bumbling idiot bode following me around with his cheap sidekick filler conversation

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only reason I haven’t bailed on this game yet is bcuz I hated how the first one started too but it picked up tremendously once you got off that first planet

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the combat is very impressive…still getting used to it…it’s no slouch in padawan either against certain enemies…it’s starting to pick up now after the appearance of ninth sister and the death of gabs (I knew her face model looked familiar…she was in GLOW on netflix)…very minor character who you see for mere seconds so not a big spoiler

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
either I’m not getting the parrying timing right or it’s pretty much useless in this game

*edit*

nvm I temporarily switched to quality mode for the boss fight…I put performance mode back on and was able to parry faster…dual stance is dope

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for this particular game, I wish it was more linear…exploring shyt for materials, clothes, hairstyles, colorways, etc. just isn’t worth it…way too easy to get lost and the map feels pretty much as useless as the last game…the minor improvements don’t make that much of a difference

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn...chapter 5 is tough :whew:

I shoulda did more side missions. I'm definitely gonna knock a few out before I get to the last chapter. I need more health and force

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Spawn of Oggdo is a textbook example of how to design a bad boss. That may have been the cheapest boss fight of my life. Insane speed, damage, hard to read, no pattern. Just bullshyt luck. Had to drag some NPCs in into the fight with me to beat that stupid frog.
Yeah, some of this shyt is annoying as fukk.

I’m almost at the last chapter. I think this game is a 7 out of 10. It’s fun, but with the performance issues, cheap bosses, poor level design, and lack of direction in parts, it’s not reaching that 8 or 9. I’s only recommend it if you have nothing else to play. It’s not a must play.

I’m moving onto Elden Ring after this, finally. The long playtime of like 100 hrs has put me off it for too long. It’s finally time