Star Trek prequel "Strange New World" coming soon to Paramount+

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I’m watching season 1 and can’t get into it. Discovery is head and SHOULDERS above this series so far. I’m actually disappointed
Ppl in here loved it but the only episodes I like are 1,4,9, and 10. Not crazy about the second season either.

Discovery has its ups and down but I liked it better than this show.

daemonova

Daps
I doubt the Dominion thing was ever anything more than clickbait rumour judging by the site that posted it. With Prodigy cancelled there's even doubt on whether the S31 movie or the Academy series will be made. Hopefully not and that money can be spent on something better than 2 DSC spin-offs.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The Lotus Eaters was fun.

Kinda wish we got more of the officer, Zack, that they left behind cause it felt like a send up to Gary Mitchell to me.

I liked the memory wipe to maintain order plot device. Once it started affecting the ship it got really good.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Episode 4 reminded me of the TNG episode "The Game". Entire crew got fukked up over that game :russ:

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Funny episode, and the way they went about transforming him to human for a day was really clever.

Such an incredible learning experience for Spock. Loved the way he came to understand what his mother has been dealing with for all his life among the Vulcans.

I know it's been brewing so clearly, but I don't like the Spock x Nurse Chapel pairing AT ALL. T'Pring has invested so much into the relationship, and I much prefer the commonalities between the two. Also kinda crushing on the Tpring actress.

Another thing. It's always interesting to the the range in Vulcan-ness or pretty much any other race. For example, T'pring's mother being more "Vulcan" than her father.. The range is also pretty clear in the klingon race.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl in here loved it but the only episodes I like are 1,4,9, and 10. Not crazy about the second season either.

Discovery has its ups and down but I liked it better than this show.

Discovery was consistently mediocre with a forgettable cast. This is a lot better so far with a much better cast.

daemonova

Daps
Discovery was consistently mediocre with a forgettable cast. This is a lot better so far with a much better cast.
The cast of SNW is better and they do more with them but....

It feels like this is Star Trek for a new millennium, meaning that for non Trekkies. Ppl can jump in and out of episodes without having to be involved in a long ass storyline. It feels like an improv every episode instead of traditional Star Trek.

Discovery has its ups and down but I liked it better and that just my opinion.

We halfway thru the season and I can't recommend one of these episodes.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cast of SNW is better and they do more with them but....

It feels like this is Star Trek for a new millennium, meaning that for non Trekkies. Ppl can jump in and out of episodes without having to be involved in a long ass storyline. It feels like an improv every episode instead of traditional Star Trek.

Discovery has its ups and down but I liked it better and that just my opinion.

We halfway thru the season and I can't recommend one of these episodes.
Nah you are way off with that. The most recent episode was excellent for example.

Also the standalone nature of this show just reminds me of old Trek imo, although some 2-3 story episode arcs would be cool. Discovery went too far with season wide arcs that were boring.

daemonova

Daps
Nah you are way off with that. The most recent episode was excellent for example.

Also the standalone nature of this show just reminds me of old Trek imo, although some 2-3 story episode arcs would be cool. Discovery went too far with season wide arcs that were boring.
Again, the recommendation is my opinion, if you liked them, that's good👍

Me: man, that last episode was great!

Trekkie: oh, really, what's it about? 🤔

Me: they made Spock not Vulcan...

Trekkie: :snoop: :comeon: