Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

.r.

Veteran
Daps
Cool show, and great back story for "Burnham". Episode 1 & 2 onlne now.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
That's my problem with these new treks they aren't doing any of the cool philosophy or social commentary they use to do using the trek universe.
T'Kuvma is an allegory for nationalism in the face of globalism. Breh straight up said "Make Qo'nos Great Again".

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why isn't CBS throwing this on their main network? With all the awards, hype, and respect going to the HBO's, Netflix, Amazon's of the world this could be a really nice look for the network but they're throwing Star Trek Discovery behind a wall where a nice chunk of people won't have access to it:picard:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T'Kuvma is an allegory for nationalism in the face of globalism. Breh straight up said "Make Qo'nos Great Again".
Dude I seen the reports before the show I know what they claim they are going for lol. Throwing that line in don't mean shyt unless they are actually consistent with what's shown on screen imo.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Another franchise infected by the feminism wave. Is there a demand for women to be front and centre in movies and tv shows like that? I thought execs only did things that followed the money.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Sasha gotta work on her vulcan pinch..shyt ain't phase the cap.

first episode was cool, second was good

it's weird how it's supposed to be before TOS but it's so glossy looking...Enterprise had the same "problem"...but I guess that's more on me than the series itself

the klingon look is :ld:...i can kinda see how they evolved into the look we have today...but their ancestral look will get some getting used to

guess I'll be adding it to my downloads cause I sure ain't paying for no bullshyt CBS.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Another franchise infected by the feminism wave. Is there a demand for women to be front and centre in movies and tv shows like that? I thought execs only did things that followed the money.

What the hell? Have you ever watched Star Trek before or is this a new experience for you?