Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I don't fukk with the books but Im aware that the various series have relaunch novels.
I have hundreds of them on my iPad and decided it was about time I read a few and started with those 2. Read them in a few hours.

The only Trek books I had read previous to that were Shatner's books of him being resurrected by the Romulans and him ending up at the Borg Unimatrix. Turns out V'Ger was assimilated and sent back to Earth!

Worth a look. Star Trek Online carries on the post-Voyager story well.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have hundreds of them on my iPad and decided it was about time I read a few and started with those 2. Read them in a few hours.

The only Trek books I had read previous to that were Shatner's books of him being resurrected by the Romulans and him ending up at the Borg Unimatrix. Turns out V'Ger was assimilated and sent back to Earth!

Worth a look. Star Trek Online carries on the post-Voyager story well.
Yeah I have played it but I find sto boring never get very far lol.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
And that bugs me to no end :mindblown:
There was an interview from comic con that said continuity and sticking to hit had been a massive thing and it has been adhered to and anything that initially seems off will be explained after a while.

On saying that...

They said Harry Mudd had been remained and might be more serious and dastardly than his TOS version.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Cliff notes:
Fuller envisioned the show as an anthology series that would begin with Star Trek: Discovery in much the same vein as American Horror Story

He wanted a woman of color to be the lead of the Trek revival and wanted greater representation for black people and asian people.

Fuller’s relationship with CBS became strained due to the budget for Discovery, then the strain of trying to meet the February 2017 launch date and then they clashed over who would direct the pilot...Fuller wanted Edgar Wright, CBS wanted David Semel

CBS was frustrated that Fuller was spending too much time working on American Gods

AMC refused to officially release Sonequa Martin Green until her Walking Dead character died on screen in May 2017

After months of backstage tension, CBS asked Fuller to step down and eventually some of Fuller’s ideas for the show were thrown out

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Cliff notes:
Fuller envisioned the show as an anthology series that would begin with Star Trek: Discovery in much the same vein as American Horror Story

He wanted a woman of color to be the lead of the Trek revival and wanted greater representation for black people and asian people.

Fuller’s relationship with CBS became strained due to the budget for Discovery, then the strain of trying to meet the February 2017 launch date and then they clashed over who would direct the pilot...Fuller wanted Edgar Wright, CBS wanted David Semel

CBS was frustrated that Fuller was spending too much time working on American Gods

AMC refused to officially release Sonequa Martin Green until her Walking Dead character died on screen in May 2017

After months of backstage tension, CBS asked Fuller to step down and eventually some of Fuller’s ideas for the show were thrown out

The only part that made me want to toss my iPad when I read that was the director issue and tossing his idea of the allegorical stuff.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only part that made me want to toss my iPad when I read that was the director issue and tossing his idea of the allegorical stuff.
I think I would have been down with the anthology stuff since that would have opened later seasons to be set in TNG's time, far in the future or even at the pre-Starfleet period.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think I would have been down with the anthology stuff since that would have opened later seasons to be set in TNG's time, far in the future or even at the pre-Starfleet period.

Yeah it would've been cool but it's not something that makes me upset. Especially if I love this crew