Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
A black female lead on a Sci-Fi show as big as Star Trek? :whew:
A black female lead .... named Michael ... who is Spock's adopted sister.

:stopitslime:

Black girl is a foster, not from a strong black family unit like Geordi's accomplished parents, or even Sisko's.

There was no reason to redesign the Klingons the way they did, especially since this is the past and the Fed is at war with the Klingons.

That trailer feels anti-black.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Cliff notes:
Fuller envisioned the show as an anthology series that would begin with Star Trek: Discovery in much the same vein as American Horror Story

He wanted a woman of color to be the lead of the Trek revival and wanted greater representation for black people and asian people.

Fuller’s relationship with CBS became strained due to the budget for Discovery, then the strain of trying to meet the February 2017 launch date and then they clashed over who would direct the pilot...Fuller wanted Edgar Wright, CBS wanted David Semel

CBS was frustrated that Fuller was spending too much time working on American Gods

AMC refused to officially release Sonequa Martin Green until her Walking Dead character died on screen in May 2017

After months of backstage tension, CBS asked Fuller to step down and eventually some of Fuller’s ideas for the show were thrown out

I cant stand when networks do this whats the point of getting a showrunner if you not gonna let him run things lol.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I cant stand when networks do this whats the point of getting a showrunner if you not gonna let him run things lol.
Fuller is a pedophile in a land of pedophiles. Whatever the official reason is, there's probably more to the story. Who did he really piss off?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fuller is a pedophile in a land of pedophiles. Whatever the official reason is, there's probably more to the story. Who did he really piss off?
When was he accused of being a pedophile I have never heard this?

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
let me make sure i didnt mix up Singer and Fuller :yeshrug:

Fuller da gawd :ufdup:

giphy.gif

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Forgot the 1st episode was airing this Sunday on CBS :ehh:. Will check it out, even if I don't see myself subscribing to CBS All Access.
Ain't really a star trek dude but I am glad I only have to peep it on netflix. Can't imagine subscribing to all this shyt like hbo go, cbs access, Disney life

Fuk that