Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
It can survive off little hype. Star Trek has never been a big hit outside of Next Gen for real. This looks good and I'm intrigued by some of the revelations. Only question is whether cbs access will get enough subs to justify it cause I'm sure this isn't a cheap show
The huge amount of money that Netflix paid for the rights to show it were so huge that it got 2 or 3 extra episodes added on to the run. All this show needs to keep going is good viewing figures outside the US and Netflix will stump up the cash. It's still a CBS show, annoys me when Netflix call some shows 'Netflix Originals'. They didnt make half the stuff, just bought distribution rights.

So if the numbers are good around the world it will keep going. Netflix having the previous series was a huge success for them. They'll want to hang on to this as well. It's all about business.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The huge amount of money that Netflix paid for the rights to show it were so huge that it got 2 or 3 extra episodes added on to the run. All this show needs to keep going is good viewing figures outside the US and Netflix will stump up the cash. It's still a CBS show, annoys me when Netflix call some shows 'Netflix Originals'. They didnt make half the stuff, just bought distribution rights.

So if the numbers are good around the world it will keep going. Netflix having the previous series was a huge success for them. They'll want to hang on to this as well. It's all about business.
It's not a Netflix show in the states breh. Here it's on cbs access

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
It's not a Netflix show in the states breh. Here it's on cbs access
I know that, I think you missed the point of the reply. The point is that Netflix paying for the rights pumped a MASSIVE amount of cash into the production. If CBS all access bombs, Netflix will snap it up so it's future, if successful, isnt in doubt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know that, I think you missed the point of the reply. The point is that Netflix paying for the rights pumped a MASSIVE amount of cash into the production. If CBS all access bombs, Netflix will snap it up so it's future, if successful, isnt in doubt.

I don't think Netflix is paying for it breh. They bought the broadcast rights internationally but it's still a CBS show and CBS is paying for it

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I don't think Netflix is paying for it breh. They bought the broadcast rights internationally but it's still a CBS show and CBS is paying for it
Brick wall syndrome.

Yes CBS are funding it. But the amount of money paid by Netflix was so huge that it meant extra episodes could be made. It pumped the budget up significantly. Therefore. No matter the success of CBS AA I don't think getting the funding for a second series will be a problem.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Brick wall syndrome.

Yes CBS are funding it. But the amount of money paid by Netflix was so huge that it meant extra episodes could be made. It pumped the budget up significantly. Therefore. No matter the success of CBS AA I don't think getting the funding for a second series will be a problem.

Eh I don't think that had anything to do with it breh hence it's not brick wall syndrome. Now unless you've read something different than I have, Netflix's money had nothing to do with the extra episodes. So if you know something I don't cool show me the way and I'll cop to your knowledge on this one. But everything I've read and heard has said nothing about their involvement having any affect on the product and how many episodes we're getting

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Yeah the trailer looks good I really want to know what happened after the dominion war and voyager came home.
Best way to find that out is the 2 books set during the final minutes of the last episode of Voyager and then right after.

Homecoming & I forget the other one. Pretty good.