Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Thats why I wish they would stop going backwards they have really fukked up continuity with this shyt remember enterprise they had the fukking borg on there a complete contradiction.
But that was the Borg from First Contact. They had been there since 2063 then got uncovered by an expedition. It didn't mess with any established continuity around the Borg.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Never seen a star trek series that had trekkies so :ld:that means voyager or DS9 came put today they'd be cancelled prematurely. Identity politics rears its ugly head again

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But that was the Borg from First Contact. They had been there since 2063 then got uncovered by an expedition. It didn't mess with any established continuity around the Borg.
That's true

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never seen a star trek series that had trekkies so :ld:that means voyager or DS9 came put today they'd be cancelled prematurely. Identity politics rears its ugly head again
Actually I doubt ds9 would have gotten canceled people love serialized tv now and it was syndicated.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Actually I doubt ds9 would have gotten canceled people love serialized tv now and it was syndicated.
then why are they more likely to be canned? The average individual doesn't have the time to emotionally invest into serialized shows that's why most of these networks do procedurals. If you are talking about digital or cable I agree

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
then why are they more likely to be canned? The average individual doesn't have the time to emotionally invest into serialized shows that's why most of these networks do procedurals. If you are talking about digital or cable I agree
All I'm saying is serialized tv is more popular and ds9 wasn't on a network so I disagree.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wish this had more hype. I want it to do well. But Star Trek has had it rough...

It can survive off little hype. Star Trek has never been a big hit outside of Next Gen for real. This looks good and I'm intrigued by some of the revelations. Only question is whether cbs access will get enough subs to justify it cause I'm sure this isn't a cheap show

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It can survive off little hype. Star Trek has never been a big hit outside of Next Gen for real. This looks good and I'm intrigued by some of the revelations. Only question is whether cbs access will get enough subs to justify it cause I'm sure this isn't a cheap show
Thats not exactly true ds9 was extremely successful for not having a network TOS thrived in syndication.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats not exactly true ds9 was extremely successful for not having a network TOS thrived in syndication.

But it wasn't big. I mean big. Next gen was huge man. I was a kid during that time and it was a pop culture phenomenon I couldn't even escape on the playgrounds lol. DS9 was a hit yeah but it didn't have the pop cache next gen did

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it wasn't big. I mean big. Next gen was huge man. I was a kid during that time and it was a pop culture phenomenon I couldn't even escape on the playgrounds lol. DS9 was a hit yeah but it didn't have the pop cache next gen did
Sure TNG was the biggest series it spun off two other shows no arguments there lol but it wasn't the only hit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sure TNG was the biggest series it spun off two other shows no arguments there lol but it wasn't the only hit.

Most definitely. Which is why I said the last big hit and if I didn't say that my bad. It's the biggest trek has ever been on tv. Trek can survive without being that big again. As long as it's bigger than enterprise

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most definitely. Which is why I said the last big hit and if I didn't say that my bad. It's the biggest trek has ever been on tv. Trek can survive without being that big again. As long as it's bigger than enterprise
Yeah my bad I misunderstood.