Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
After watching ds9 and voyager how come the borg and dominion never encountered each other? The borgs trans warp hub could reach all four sectors instantly

Apparently, the out-of-universe answer is Paramount was very territorial when it came to using characters/arcs amongst shows. That is a reason why we never saw the Ent-E on DS9 even though Generations to Nemesis is occurring simultaneously. I think even in First Contact they had to change

However, the Defiant class vessels appeared in TNG films and an EP of Voyager "Message in a Bottle".

In-universe explanation could simply be the Borg resided in the DQ and didn't have the interest to break the Dominion in the GQ as they had enemies that could really hurt them at home.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apparently, the out-of-universe answer is Paramount was very territorial when it came to using characters/arcs amongst shows. That is a reason why we never saw the Ent-E on DS9 even though Generations to Nemesis is occurring simultaneously. I think even in First Contact they had to change

However, the Defiant class vessels appeared in TNG films and an EP of Voyager "Message in a Bottle".

In-universe explanation could simply be the Borg resided in the DQ and didn't have the interest to break the Dominion in the GQ as they had enemies that could really hurt them at home.
Yeah paramount was terrible they had all this predetermined stuff they wanted for generations also really restricted the writers.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
After watching ds9 and voyager how come the borg and dominion never encountered each other? The borgs trans warp hub could reach all four sectors instantly

I want to say because the Borg were simply shook of the Dominion.

They went to a bloody war with Species 8472 who much like the Dominion had shape shifting powers, probably wanted no parts of another species that was similar. Seven of Nine spoke of 8472 with fear... so I'm assuming the Dominion in the Borgs eye just wasn't worth it so they left the Gamma Quadrant alone.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

They went to a bloody war with Species 8472 who much like the Dominion had shape shifting powers, probably wanted no parts of another species that was similar. Seven of Nine spoke of 8472 with fear... so I'm assuming the Dominion in the Borgs eye just wasn't worth it so they left the Gamma Quadrant alone.

Since the Founders weren't your ordinary humanoids + genetically engineered warriors, that could prove to make assimilation difficult or impossible. Also, they seemed to have a humongous fleet chilling in the GQ which made The Feds lean back....

Species 8472 had the Borg:
:sadcam::whoo::huhldup::whoa:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hypothetically the borg wouldn't be able to assimilate the jemhadar cause they needed the white to survive

The ship battles would be epic though

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since the Founders weren't your ordinary humanoids + genetically engineered warriors, that could prove to make assimilation difficult or impossible. Also, they seemed to have a humongous fleet chilling in the GQ which made The Feds lean back....

Species 8472 vs the dominion?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Enterprise was trash to me struggle to watch it only thing that kept me coming back was.

T-Pol-tpol-7908587-297-600.jpg

big ass titties and big ass forehead. same reason why I watched breh

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Hypothetically the borg wouldn't be able to assimilate the jemhadar cause they needed the white to survive

The ship battles would be epic though

Species 8472 vs the dominion?

I would love to see the borg try and assimilate a founder lol.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL