Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Truthfully u don't care for the new trekverse seem starwarsie

Meh, just weird that they are doing 2 back to back prequel shows. I'm all in, I hope they don't try to bring the Borg in like Enterprise.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I think thats over thinking it no reason more stories can't be told in the alpha/gamma/beta quadrant.

each new series expanded on the premise in some way.

the first trek was the original.

next gen took us to the future.

ds9 took us off the enterprise.

voyager took us to the delta quadrant.

being that an entire generation has passed since the last real trek series, you would think it would be prime for another future jump. we live in different times now so we should be exploring uncharted territory. new technology, new concepts, new species, new ideologies.

i don't see how a prequel to TOS that retreads familiar ground expands the series.

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

being that an entire generation has passed since the last real trek series, you would think it would be prime for another future jump. we live in different times now so we should be exploring uncharted territory. new technology, new concepts, new species, new ideologies.

i don't see how a prequel to TOS that retreads familiar ground expands the series.

That Abrams made mad cash out of the TOS era has given them license to be lazy, but maybe I am too cynical. I am happy the reboots gave the franchise another chance, but they honestly didn't add a damn thing to the Trek universe or its ideas.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah but the problem with a show like voyager for example is they got lazy and relied on the premise but really they just rehashed tng episodes with a new coat of paint. Thats why I think you are overthinking it imo.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meh, just weird that they are doing 2 back to back prequel shows. I'm all in, I hope they don't try to bring the Borg in like Enterprise.

Enterprise was trash to me struggle to watch it only thing that kept me coming back was.

T-Pol-tpol-7908587-297-600.jpg

Daps
They should do an alternate universe where the Borg conquered the Alpha Quadrant, the Klingons won the war, etc. Would love a setting in the future, but I know they don't have the creative ideas to pull it off. The Federation is already highly advanced, they would be galaxy hopping in no time.

The networks are not trying to pay for the costs of effects anyhow. TNG was the stuff of legends that catches an young man's imagination.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
They should do an alternate universe where the Borg conquered the Alpha Quadrant, the Klingons won the war, etc. Would love a setting in the future, but I know they don't have the creative ideas to pull it off. The Federation is already highly advanced, they would be galaxy hopping in no time.

The networks are not trying to pay for the costs of effects anyhow. TNG was the stuff of legends that catches an young man's imagination.

Q with that repulsive ether dude was stunting hard on Picard in the finale.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Q did some cool stuff too. "Tapestry", when Picard 'died' and got to relive his life differently, was one of my favorites in TNG.

Ron Moore wrote that too. With competent writers they could easily go post-Nemesis, but today's ADHD crowd doesn't have the attention-span to handle or appreciate great episodes like "Tapestry", "Yesterday's Enterprise", "The Visitor", etc.

TOS-era Trek in the alternate universe is rather boring as we know certain events will come to fruition eventually ie Terminator rules....NuTrek films are super hammy and slapstick at times.

Will Riker and the Titan would've been awesome exploring the fragile peace of the Dominion and Federation Alliance.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Ron Moore wrote that too. With competent writers they could easily go post-Nemesis, but today's ADHD crowd doesn't have the attention-span to handle or appreciate great episodes like "Tapestry", "Yesterday's Enterprise", "The Visitor", etc.

Yeah, the fact a lot of people were praising the first reboot as the best Trek movie since WoK had me like :gucci:

It's not just the crowd though. Producers and directors are lazy as shyt. They just want to remake something for a quick buck, longevity and message be damned. I haven't looked up the writing credits for this one yet but they better be on point.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the fact a lot of people were praising the first reboot as the best Trek movie since WoK had me like :gucci:

It's not just the crowd though. Producers and directors are lazy as shyt. They just want to remake something for a quick buck, longevity and message be damned. I haven't looked up the writing credits for this one yet but they better be on point.
I been saying for a minute I still don't know what the new movies are about they are just action movies lol.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Q did some cool stuff too. "Tapestry", when Picard 'died' and got to relive his life differently, was one of my favorites in TNG.
Yeah him introducing them to the Borg was also a dope episode and his first episode of voyager where the other q wanted to off himself was great also.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After watching ds9 and voyager how come the borg and dominion never encountered each other? The borgs trans warp hub could reach all four sectors instantly