Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Eh it could end up being okay I guess but it doesn't really look like it's offering anything new to the table.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even become captain til the 4th season. To be fair he didn't have a ship.
He had a ship in the beginning of the third season became captain in the last episode of the third season :mjpls:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Wish they wouldn't have went forward with the timeline and not backward.

I guess that would have required new ideas.

thats the wild thing about these "new" Star Trek shows/movies. Everything is either pre-Kirk (like Enterprise) or the Kirk era (the current movies) but the shyt looks a trillion times better than the original series and TNG. Obviously special effects improve with time but everything looks so forward that you wish stuff was a continuation after TNG/Voyager/DS9. If they wanna go the "origin" story route then make it be based on earth, do 5-6 seasons and make each season span 10 real years so that we see a progression in the tech. That way you won't have to "wait" for first contact and them effortlessly going in/out of space.

As far as this new show and the trailer, I dunno. It looks like a mix of Voyager and Enterprise with nothing new being brought to the table. I like Sasha from TWD is on this even tho she looks like Kiki Palmer dressed up as a Starfleet officer on Halloween. I'll give it a shot bur for all of the delays this went thru, I expected more.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I think it's because of continuity writers hate having to keep up with 25 years of tng era that's why they keep going back now.

They would really need to come up with some cool stuff that seems uncommon in an entertainment industry dominated by remakes and sequels.

TOS/TNG pretty much covered Alpha and Beta quadrants, DS9 Gamma, and Voyager Delta. I guess they would have to go to Andromeda Galaxy or something. Also given the trend, the Romulans, Cardassians, etc. are probably friends and the Borg/Dominion are kinda played out. I guess there is no courage and creatvitiy.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They would really need to come up with some cool stuff that seems uncommon in an entertainment industry dominated by remakes and sequels.

TOS/TNG pretty much covered Alpha and Beta quadrants, DS9 Gamma, and Voyager Delta. I guess they would have to go to Andromeda Galaxy or something. Also given the trend, the Romulans, Cardassians, etc. are probably friends and the Borg/Dominion are kinda played out. I guess there is no courage and creatvitiy.
I think thats over thinking it no reason more stories can't be told in the alpha/gamma/beta quadrant.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you I wish they would pick up right after nemesis I'm just saying I have heard trek writers and producers complaining about this since the 90s.

They have a whole alternate universe now, they could have went ham with. We don't know the ramifications for Vulcan catching that Ether right? Everything with Picard etc would be different now.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They have a whole alternate universe now, they could have went ham with. We don't know the ramifications for Vulcan catching that Ether right? Everything with Picard etc would be different now.
Truthfully i don't care for the new trekverse seem starwarsie

Last edited: