Trailer dropping today, first photo from the series

110045_0440b511.jpg

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Michelle Yeoh is the captain breh. She's the Commander and 1st officer

You sure? Trailer seemed to imply the black female (don't know the actress's name) was getting her first command and that's what the series was about.

Similar to Kirk getting his first command from Pike

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You sure? Seemed to imply the black female (don't know the actress's name) was getting her first command and that's what the series was about.

Similar to Kirk getting his first command from Pike

Positive.

Finally, 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets its main character

On "Star Trek: Discovery," Martin-Green will play a starship lieutenant commander 10 years before Captain James Kirk began his five-year mission. It's the first time that the lead character on a Trek show hasn't been the captain, as well as the first time it's been an African-American woman. And series creator Bryan Fuller has hinted at complexities for the character.

"We're going deep into something that was for me always very tantalizing, and [we're telling] that story through a character who is on a journey that is going to teach her how to get along with others in the galaxy," Fuller told reporters this summer during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. "For her to truly understand something that is alien, she has to first understand herself."

So as of now, she's the first officer. I'm sure the arc is her getting her own ship by the end of the first season or seeing if she's truly ready to get her own ship

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Michelle is the captain... I think they confirmed that on Twitter.

Smh... brehette following the Sisko rule of starting off as a Commander first. But this looks like it got some money behind it, I'm definitely checking it

Yeah when Fuller was still running the show he said the intent was to start with someone who's a first officer rather than a captain and watch their journey up the ranks.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly... always got to do twice as much just to get the same respect.:sas1:

Sisko had to become a Bajoran Demigod and shyt :russ:
Lol tbh I wish they would show more lower ranking officers like commanders and lt commanders as the commanding officer. DS9 probably did it better then any other show. They had a lt in command of a starship once also which was interesting.

secondsight_309.jpg

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Lol tbh I wish they would show more lower ranking officers like commanders and lt commanders as the commanding officer. DS9 probably did it better then any other show. They had a lt in command of a starship once also which was interesting.

secondsight_309.jpg

DS9 is known for how well it treats the extended casts outside the main characters.

When that dude turned on Sisko to join the Maquis and Sisko was willing to poison entire planets just to take him down :wow:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DS9 is known for how well it treats the extended casts outside the main characters.

When that dude turned on Sisko to join the Maquis and Sisko was willing to poison entire planets just to take him down :wow:
Eddington yeah that was the shyt lol.