Star Ocean: The Divine Force (Multi-Plat)

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
if you haven't played a jrpg since the last star ocean game, then this game is very okay

everyone else? people know this franchise has a *lot* of catching up to do

These games are just comedy to me now. That old c*nt Midas turns up and is just a prick to everyone the whole time.. Kept him in my party because he's a straight dikkhead

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What kind of game are you looking for? Rpg?
Any thing fire. I got mad games though so maybe something that slipped through the cracks. Maybe I should get the latest ratchet and clank game. Or maybe the physical copy of Psychonauts 2 🤔

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
After SO: Hope and Faithfulness (?) which is one of the worst games I've played, I swore off of SO games. I figure maybe things have changed, let me grab the collector's edition. Although something was like naw hold off. Glad I did. Reading reviews and these responses makes me think that this company has no idea what they're doing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After SO: Hope and Faithfulness (?) which is one of the worst games I've played, I swore off of SO games. I figure maybe things have changed, let me grab the collector's edition. Although something was like naw hold off. Glad I did. Reading reviews and these responses makes me think that this company has no idea what they're doing
This is a mid-tier JRPG though. It's been on sale for $40 lately and it's worth that. It's a firm 7/10 game. If we're being honest Star Ocean isn't and has never been an elite JRPG series. There's always been a level of jank to it especially since it went full polygonal. This is pretty much in line with what one should expect from this series. Historically Star Ocean came from some of the Tales of series developers going on their own and it's almost always been a cut below Tales of as a series.

Tales of has usually been a mediocre story with exceptional character interactions bolted to a mostly solid battle system that occasionally shines. Star Ocean is usually a shyt story with shyt characters bolted to a usually excceptional battle system.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is a mid-tier JRPG though. It's been on sale for $40 lately and it's worth that. It's a firm 7/10 game. If we're being honest Star Ocean isn't and has never been an elite JRPG series. There's always been a level of jank to it especially since it went full polygonal. This is pretty much in line with what one should expect from this series. Historically Star Ocean came from some of the Tales of series developers going on their own and it's almost always been a cut below Tales of as a series.

Tales of has usually been a mediocre story with exceptional character interactions bolted to a mostly solid battle system that occasionally shines. Star Ocean is usually a shyt story with shyt characters bolted to a usually excceptional battle system.

Second Story is still one of the GOAT PSX RPG’s

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing this right now and it’s pretty dope and it runs smooth. I guess they patched out some of the bugs because it’s not lagging.

It’s free on PS Plus Extra for those who don’t know