Star Citizen | PC | TBA

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Went down the rabbit hole looking into this shyt again
nikkas spending 10s of thousands for this buggy mess which will barely run on your average gaming pc :damn:
Still dabbling in it. Still has real problems and real potential and i dont mind them building it slow and right. lol. I'm an old school pc gamer so I love when a new game brings my rig to it's knees and I'm forced to upgrade.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still dabbling in it. Still has real problems and real potential and i dont mind them building it slow and right. lol. I'm an old school pc gamer so I love when a new game brings my rig to it's knees and I'm forced to upgrade.
How much they got you for? :lupe:

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How much they got you for? :lupe:
100. I backed way back in the beginning. I bought a separate account way back, bought a couple game packages and sold them for a profit on the gray market. I still have my main account, whenever they release a new cheap ship, I melt my lil ship and buy/try it. I've seen the development slowly creep along from the beginning but they've made strides and honestly I like it as a space sim. It won't be big mainstream I dont think, but it'll have a cult following like EVE Online.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Went down the rabbit hole looking into this shyt again
This game has definitely broken up marriages :mindblown:
nikkas spending 10s of thousands for this buggy mess which will barely run on your average gaming pc :damn:
I enjoy watching people play on twitch every now and then. The pure scale of the game is something that is unmatched in other games. Just sitting on a planet and watching someone fly by really close in a ship is crazy. It has crazy potential, just not sure it'll ever see it through.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I saw this shyt yesterday. Has a bigger budget than GTAV with nothing to show for it. :russ:

That doesn't even include marketing if the "game" releases. :lolbron:

"Game" has been in production since 2011 and it's still in a broken, alpha state. :russ:

They just sold some ship packs for $4,600 each. :lolbron:

I need a documentary on this scam ASAP. :blessed:
Where's the money going

:damn:

Trill Evans

Cooling in the lads club
Daps
Where's the money going

:damn:
Down a black hole breh:manny:

Chris Roberts has always been a visionary, with a lot of ambitious ideas (see Wing Commander and Freelancer). But it's clear he doesn't know a fukking thing about the business side of things, scope or what can realistically be done with this game. Reports have been out that he micro manages damn near everything about the design of the game. So programmers and designers do one thing and then he tells them to change it:russ:.

So the money is prolly just going to way too many programmers not producing sufficient output and the rest is going to remedying awful business and design decisions, like making an mmo in Cry Engine. With earlier projects, he's had to bow down to a publisher, who'd check him, whenever he went full retard, but SC is crowd funded so he can do whatever he wants. It's too simple to say that this is just a scam, like some people claim it is. It's deeper than that. It's more about a delusional lead designer in Roberts who's in way over his head.

All we can and should do is sit back and monitor the train. It will completely derail eventually:mjlit:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i just put down 65 and started my first session, these graphics are unreal

i havent encountered any bugs yet