Squall Leonhart doesn't get enough credit.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never beat it but I did love FF8.

I have a confession I never beat a single FF game. There's ALWAYS something that happened that impeded or halted my progress.

VII: Never had the full game. I remember borrowing it from a friend or two and I think I had a broken 3rd disc or something. I ended up starting it over on the PSP years ago when the PSP was out and I remember my GF at the time sending me a text that she wanted to break up. I was in the middle of a boss fight. I think i stopped playing it then.

VIII: Never had the full game.

IX:Never had it. I have it on PC right now though through an emulator

X:Never had it but borrowed it. I ended up not having a MC the one time I borrowed it. Played for six hours and died and lost progress. I bought the PS3 remaster a few years ago, played it months after buying it and was bored an hour in. Sold it.

XII:Never played it.

XIII: Got to Gran Pulse and returned it to Gamefly

XV:Stopped a few chapters in waiting for patches and fell off never caring to touch it again.

FF1-6 Never played

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
FF8 was the first final fantasy RPG I ever played, and that was back in 8th grade as well.

Funny thing is it was by pure happenstance, we'd gone to blockbuster video and i'd rented out wwe smackdown, while my younger sister who i never let play my ps1 and my mom was forcing me to share it with, she randomly picked F8 b/c she liked how the cover art looked :heh:

So we back home and i'm rolling my eyes watchin her attempt to play what looks like it'll be some bullshyt anime game.. and that cgi intro hits :merchant: i was like holy shyt what is this? :dame:
I pretty much brushed her aside like nah i got this :mjgrin:

And the rest was history. That was during the summer and back when blockbuser was 5 day rentals. I ended up buying the game for christmas, and would then buy and play ff7 that following summer. Then f9 and f10 the next 2-3 years. After f10 i was pretty much tired of the series and haven't played one since.

Out of all of them F8 was my favorite, perhaps bc it was the first i got and the whole concept was new and mindblowing to me.
exact same experience

i was overwhelmed by the depth of it all and i never got past disk 3 as a kid. I ended up beating it off the ps store on ps3. I think the reason the FF7 folks dont care for it is they became used to that original system and the junction shyt wasnt the wave. But they fixated on that when the game itself was crack if you just immersed yourself :steviej:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I have a confession I never beat a single FF game. There's ALWAYS something that happened that impeded or halted my progress.

VII: Never had the full game. I remember borrowing it from a friend or two and I think I had a broken 3rd disc or something. I ended up starting it over on the PSP years ago when the PSP was out and I remember my GF at the time sending me a text that she wanted to break up. I was in the middle of a boss fight. I think i stopped playing it then.

X:Never had it but borrowed it. I ended up not having a MC the one time I borrowed it. Played for six hours and died and lost progress. I bought the PS3 remaster a few years ago, played it months after buying it and was bored an hour in. Sold it.

XV:Stopped a few chapters in waiting for patches and fell off never caring to touch it again.

FF1-6 Never played

A lot of borrowing and renting in this post. So basically you were/are broke

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
exact same experience

i was overwhelmed by the depth of it all and i never got past disk 3 as a kid. I ended up beating it off the ps store on ps3. I think the reason the FF7 folks dont care for it is they became used to that original system and the junction shyt wasnt the wave. But they fixated on that when the game itself was crack if you just immersed yourself :steviej:
Yea it's funny how people's experiences of both varied based on which one they played first.

I actually didn't like ff7 at first bc the characters looked like cheap polygons compared to f8's more realistic character models lol

Plus ff8's junction system and card game was awesome to me, although I had nothing to compare it too. Even then, F7's materia system didn't feel better or worse, just different.

But after playing ff7, I did get why ppl didnt like f8's supporting cast, I think f7's had better individual arcs for each.

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
They got ff7 and 9 on the App Store. Lets your character be maxed out to level 99. Beat 7 originally when it came out and again on the psp. shyt was piff. Liked 8 and 9 but never finished 10 :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_ndoglatGOb1tjjmhoo4_400.gif

>>>squall

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN

FF1-6 Never played
Nothing wrong with that mad people love the FF series and haven’t finish the games.

I haven’t played IV or any of the games after 12. I don’t plan on it either till the direction ships

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When roms were popular in the early-mid 00s, I played some of the older FFs but never got around to beating them.

I forget which one it was, but they used to say one of the early ones (ff5 or ff6??) was the best in the series; I forget if it was storywise or overall; the one with a female protagonist?

Also tried Chrono trigger on Rom back then too, which I'd heard a lot about as a GOAT game.

Real talk, one of my favorites that I ever played was Xenogears.

I played all of these after FF8 introduced me to the rpg story-line driven concept