Spotify is garbage

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The lack of exclusives hurt Spotify. Apple interface and UI is utter shyt but when that new shyt drops :banderas: It's truly worth it

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I was a little annoyed when Anita baker's rapture was taken down...

Now I see that some of my favorite Roy Ayers tracks have been taken down?

No deposit no return
Thank you
And Land of fruit and honey taken.

I realize that probably less than 1% of America know who Roy Ayers is and probably less than 50 thousand people like those particular tracks or have even heard them.

I am sure most people listen " everybody loves the Sunshine" and move on.

I also have those LPs on vinyl, MP3 and CD. But what's the whole point of the convenience of a streaming service?

Looks like anything where Roy Ayers collaborated with Wayne Henderson has been taken down. Wayne is a great trumpet player, but I hope he didnt request to have those tracks taken down.

I have checked my other playlists and numerous other tracks have been taken down.

Why do I pay for this?

YouTube Red seems like the best option. So many obscure tracks seem to only be on YouTube.

No offense, but you don't seem to understand how Spotify works and how their relationship with labels works. If an artist or label chooses not to make a song available for play on Spotify, Spotify takes down the song. That is the only reason.

How often a song is played and whether or not a song stays on Spotify - there is no relation.

This is why you can find completely obscure albums and songs by artists almost nobody has ever heard of on Spotify - because the artist and/or label wanted it on Spotify.

I'm an early adopter of Spotify (since 2008). This is how it is my man.

And honestly: you making a thread with this title, when in fact you have no idea how this works, is a little ridiculous and makes you look like the average 17-year old rapper who just blurts out stuff when emotional. Spotify is one of the most used music services in the world for a reason.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
No offense, but you don't seem to understand how Spotify works and how their relationship with labels works. If an artist or label chooses not to make a song available for play on Spotify, Spotify takes down the song. That is the only reason.

How often a song is played and whether or not a song stays on Spotify - there is no relation.

This is why you can find completely obscure albums and songs by artists almost nobody has ever heard of on Spotify - because the artist and/or label wanted it on Spotify.

I'm an early adopter of Spotify (since 2008). This is how it is my man.

And honestly: you making a thread with this title, when in fact you have no idea how this works, is a little ridiculous and makes you look like the average 17-year old rapper who just blurts out stuff when emotional. Spotify is one of the most used music services in the world for a reason.

I don't think you understand why I mentioned total listeners for a song. I was implying that I understand that nobody but myself and few others care about these obscure artists and songs, but it still pisses me off. Spotify probably won't care that an artist like Roy Ayers asks that a few of his obscure recordings get removed, but if Drake or Taylor swift want their stuff removed, Spotify will probably try to negotiate.

I completely understand why these songs got removed. This is why I theorized that Wayne Henderson or someone connected to his recordings wanted the tracks removed.

Doesn't mean that I can't be upset as a paying customer.

I use spotify as a means to explore for new music. I am not really into pop-music and today's Hip-hop. People like me always get shafted by the labels because our voices aren't loud enough. It is what it is. It has always been this way.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I don't think you understand why I mentioned total listeners for a song. I was implying that I understand that nobody but myself and few others care about these obscure artists and songs, but it still pisses me off. Spotify probably won't care that an artist like Roy Ayers asks that a few of his obscure recordings get removed, but if Drake or Taylor swift want their stuff removed, Spotify will probably try to negotiate.

I completely understand why these songs got removed. This is why I theorized that Wayne Henderson or someone connected to his recordings wanted the tracks removed.

Doesn't mean that I can't be upset as a paying customer.

I use spotify as a means to explore for new music. I am not really into pop-music and today's Hip-hop. People like me always get shafted by the labels because our voices aren't loud enough. It is what it is. It has always been this way.

Your assumptions are both so far-fetched and wrong - I don't know where to start.

1) ALL artists who request their songs to not be available will have that song be made not available in whatever market they ask for it to be made unavailable. Every single one, regardless of listens, popularity. If Joey Boo Poundcake wants to have his song taken down the same will happen as when Drake or Taylor Swift wants it.

2) Spotify has WAY more obscure, not-famous music than it has pop hit music.
You can spend days playing random songs (what I do: type in a random word eg 'here' and just go through all songs that pop up and check out more of the artists whose songs sound good)

3) If it's not on Spotify: highly likely that it is on YouTube.

I get that you were annoyed, but your thread title 'Spotify is garbage' it is just not true, so maybe update it? 'Who removed my favorite Roy Ayers song from Spotify!?'

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Your assumptions are both so far-fetched and wrong - I don't know where to start.

1) ALL artists who request their songs to not be available will have that song be made not available in whatever market they ask for it to be made unavailable. Every single one, regardless of listens, popularity. If Joey Boo Poundcake wants to have his song taken down the same will happen as when Drake or Taylor Swift wants it.

2) Spotify has WAY more obscure, not-famous music than it has pop hit music.
You can spend days playing random songs (what I do: type in a random word eg 'here' and just go through all songs that pop up and check out more of the artists whose songs sound good)

3) If it's not on Spotify: highly likely that it is on YouTube.

I get that you were annoyed, but your thread title 'Spotify is garbage' it is just not true, so maybe update it? 'Who removed my favorite Roy Ayers song from Spotify!?'

It's not just Roy Ayers. Many songs I listen too have been removed.

I seriously doubt that an artist, who can use their fan base as leverage, wouldn't attempt to use it with spotify. I equally doubt that Spotify wouldnt priotize more popular artist.

That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
BTW -- Anyone else seeing what Amazon is doing? Amazon Prime Music... not they got Amazon Unlimited Music, which you have to pay more for to get access to newer releases and a deeper catalog. :francis:

None of these services have the selection of a Napster in 2000. If you can't compete with a free service from sixteen fukking years ago what the fukk am I paying for in 2016?
So the feds don't come to your house and the RIAA won't sue you out of house and home.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
spotify is pretty dope, the best streaming service of the bunch imo.

A few years ago it was, but not anymore.

Google Play Music is the best now when you combine the service plus the other Google perks that come with it. It's easier to create playlists on Spotif/Tidal, but I'm kind of past that now.

Having my entire music collection uploaded to Google music plus the service is just much easier to have everything in one place.

For me it's like this.

1. Google Play
2a. Spotify
2b. Tidal
3. Apple Music

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I was a little annoyed when Anita baker's rapture was taken down...

Now I see that some of my favorite Roy Ayers tracks have been taken down?

No deposit no return
Thank you
And Land of fruit and honey taken.

I realize that probably less than 1% of America know who Roy Ayers is and probably less than 50 thousand people like those particular tracks or have even heard them.

I am sure most people listen " everybody loves the Sunshine" and move on.

I also have those LPs on vinyl, MP3 and CD. But what's the whole point of the convenience of a streaming service?

Looks like anything where Roy Ayers collaborated with Wayne Henderson has been taken down. Wayne is a great trumpet player, but I hope he didnt request to have those tracks taken down.

I have checked my other playlists and numerous other tracks have been taken down.

Why do I pay for this?

YouTube Red seems like the best option. So many obscure tracks seem to only be on YouTube.

not really a Roy Ayers fan outside of the stuff I heard with him and Gerald Levert, but I can understand your issue. Brandy's "Full Moon" album seems to come and go on not only Spotify, but all the streaming services.

I'm thinking it's not just spotify issue, but a label issue.

That said, a song like "Rapture" is something you should just own. If you wanna buy for .99 just do that.

edit: Just checked, "...Rapture" is still on Google Music

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Just opened my vaporwave playlist and found that half of the songs are no longer available.

This is too much. Spotify is just to unpredictable. In the case of vaporwave, I am sure there are copyright issues.