Spoiler: Thanos the greatest villain of all time cuz...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ok so yall dnt pay attention he used gamora's home planet as a basis to his ideology (amongst the other planets he did it too), he saw that her planet thrived after wiping out half so he decided to go with the same plan and do it on a universal scale. so why wld he change his ideas to add more resources when he was so adamant about the balance thing, he even argues with gamora on the ship when she says he's crazy and dosen't know if his plan is the right/the only one, the man has conviction and the will to see it through
because it isn’t true balance. i dont know how old gamora is, but like i said—its a temporary solution. once any group repopulates, he would have to do it again. further more, if hes been doing this up until he got the gems; he halved certain races twice. on top of that, he would kill a lot more than 50% from the aftermath. kids, the sick and elderly left without their caretakers. planes falling out the sky. car accidents. ensuing war and chaos. the aftermath is at least 60-70% of the population gone.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
but in the next movie when he gets beat and treated like a lil hoe are you gonna keep that energy?
:sas2:

But maybe Disney will surprise us. :manny: I'm surprised they went through with killing everybody in rogue one so you never know.

There will be a lot of upped threads regardless:pachaha:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
but in the next movie when he gets beat and treated like a lil hoe are you gonna keep that energy?

The GOAT villain got into an altercation with the hero twice and got beaten up and treated like a hoe in a combined 3 mins worth of work.

And we still considered him the GOAT villain.....

So yea:russ:

Martha

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
:sas2:

But maybe Disney will surprise us. :manny: I'm surprised they went through with killing everybody in rogue one so you never know.

There will be a lot of upped threads regardless:pachaha:
i liked how he bossed up on everyone but i knew since its a super hero movie they will most likely all be back in some way shape or form and rise triumphantly :pachaha:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Once he had the stones he really didn't need to kill anyone though. Of course I would kill some of the heroes and their families just to punish them for their insolence. But once he had the stones anything was possible so the need to halve the population became unnecessary.

He's a mad titan. He was focused on fulfilling a method that he knew would work not only to save resources but also teach people to be grateful for the lesson.

Besides it's infinitely easier to destroy trillions of people across the universe than creating shyt for them :pachaha:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
He's a mad titan. He was focused on fulfilling a method that he knew would work not only to save resources but also teach people to be grateful for the lesson.

Besides it's infinitely easier to destroy trillions of people across the universe than creating shyt for them :pachaha:

Soooooooo what makes him different from any other villain then?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

He's not doing what he's doing to be on a selfish power trip. Unlike villains like Loki or Hela who wanted to enslave other realms because they had the power to, he genuinely wanted to save people. But since his train of thought on saving people is genocide and even killing the people he loves it makes him a crazy or mad villain, that's what makes him interesting.

I think his scene with the dagger explained his character the best. He said if you tip the scales too much on one side it'll be bad. So from his perspective, if you try to be too good to people or be to merciless there wouldn't be any balance.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
His motivation is not original,nor is it interesting. That terrible inferno novel/movie villain motivation was to kill a lot of the population to save the world. It's a dime a dozen villain motivation

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
He's not doing what he's doing to be on a selfish power trip. Unlike villains like Loki or Hela who wanted to enslave other realms because they had the power to, he genuinely wanted to save people. But since his train of thought on saving people is genocide and even killing the people he loves it makes him a crazy or mad villain, that's what makes him interesting.

I think his scene with the dagger explained his character the best. He said if you tip the scales too much on one side it'll be bad. So from his perspective, if you try to be too good to people or be to merciless there wouldn't be any balance.

The problem is that they write him as a power tripping, selfish madman though. A lot of villains believe what they are doing is "for the best," yet they are written as typical, petulant madmen who kill their subordinates/henchmen without a second thought, cause unnecessary collateral, and miss out on potential allies for their cause by just being evil a$$holes. And that's fine. But don't try to tell me "this one is different." No, he's not. You can be driven, ambitious, damn near ruthless in your cause without being written like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

If they are going to write him in the manner they did they should have presented him as more benevolent once he got the stones; the ends justify the means. Now you've set up a huge moral dilemma for the remaining heroes; do we undo all of this good that now exists for countless species so we can save our friends and family or do we allow him his way and not punish him for the genocide he committed on the lead up to the stones? The motivation for Thanos seeking out the stones could have been so he doesn't have to kill anymore. He's trading what he would consider a few lives for the continued existence of so many more. No more 50% off, now there would be eternal balance.

But, if you don't go that route and want to do "the snap," Thanos should have been presented as more noble in his quest. Nothing about what he does comes off as noble but just the delusions of a MAD TITAN. Awesome, but don't tell me we've never seen an insane villain with a plan that he thinks is for the betterment of the universe when it's ultimately just half baked genocide.