SPINOFF:Leader of Asian male Black female DATING WEBSITE murdered Black girl did almost no jail time

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Schools settle with slain girl's kin
By - The Washington Times
Tuesday, August 22, 2000

The Prince George's County (Md.) Board of Education has settled a $1 million lawsuit over the death of Suitland High School student whose parents claimed the school system should have done more to alert them about their daughter's gang ties and truancy.
Tatia Brennan was stabbed 42 times and bludgeoned with a kitchen sink by fellow gang members near Suitland High School in 1995. Her body was found under a pile of debris in a nearby wooded area Nov. 30, 1995, three days after she was reported missing by her parents.
Three teen-agers were later convicted in the gang-related, retaliation-style killing. They, along with Tatia, were members of a loose-knit gang known locally as the Bloods.
Tatia's parents sued the school system in 1997 for $1 million, claiming it hadn't done all it could to protect its students and hadn't told them that their 14-year-old daughter was involved with a gang and had repeatedly left school during school hours.
Stephen J. Williams, the Brennans' attorney, said yesterday both parties agreed to settle the case for an undisclosed amount about two weeks ago. The case was scheduled to go to court before a Prince George's County jury yesterday morning.
"Nobody wanted to go to trial in this case," said Mr. Williams, who declined to discuss the specifics of the settlement. "I think both sides were pleased with the outcome. Now [the Brennans] can sort of go on and put their lives back together. But their lives will never be the same."
An attorney for the school system, Andy Nussbaum, said yesterday the terms of the settlement were confidential and declined to comment on the case. He said the school system is self-insured and will therefore pay any amount stipulated in the settlement.
Despite the settlement, school board attorneys claimed in their response to the lawsuit last year that the system was not liable. They argued Tatia was "contributorily negligent" and "assumed the risk of her alleged injuries."
Mr. Williams said the Brennans sued the system to make a point.
"It never had to do with money," he said. "It was more about a principle. The family claimed that the school system should have taken all necessary measures to keep its children safe. And that they should have been informed that their daughter was leaving school during classes."
According to news reports published at the time of the murder, Sandra Brennan, Tatia's mother, said school officials never told her or her husband, Leroy Brennan, that Tatia belonged to a gang until her daughter's body was found. Mrs. Brennan said she and her husband would have tried to help their daughter had they known.
Tatia, a sophomore at Suitland High, was beaten and stabbed to death during school hours Nov. 27, 1995, behind the Penn Station Shopping Center on Silver Hill Road by two 16-year-old classmates, Shawnte Renice Perry and Vouthynor "Billy" Sovann.
According to court testimony, Perry and Sovann, acting on orders from gang leader Chris Witcher, lured Tatia into the woods before slashing her throat, stabbing her and crushing her skull with a porcelain sink. Then they hid her body under a pile of dirt and debris until a police K-9 unit found the remains three days later.
At separate murder trials the following year, prosecutors argued that Witcher, then 19, had ordered Perry and Sovann to kill Tatia after he found out that Tatia had warned a nonmember that her gang was going to beat and maybe kill him.
All three teen-agers were found guilty of murder. Perry is serving a life sentence but could be considered for parole in 11 years. Sovann, who cooperated with police and prosecutors, is serving 25 years and will be eligible for parole in about five years.
Witcher is serving a life sentence without parole for ordering Tatia's death.
Only 25 years in MD:wtf:

nikkas get that same time on if they have drug priors:mjcry:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
  • TEEN TELLS OF GANG INITIATION, GIRL'S KILLING

Resize Text

Print Article

By Philip P. Pan June 28, 1996
Testifying in a voice so soft that jurors had to lean forward to hear him, a Prince George's County teenager said yesterday that he joined what he thought was a social club before realizing it was a criminal gang and then a month later helped bludgeon and stab to death a classmate.

Vouthynor "Billy" Sovann, 16, spoke for nearly three hours and said he joined the gang after a classmate described it to him as a clique. For his initiation, Sovann said, he endured a beating by other gang members and learned an elaborate set of gang rules and the penalties for violating them.

The Mitchellville teenager breathed more deeply and appeared dazed when he began telling the jury at his murder trial in Upper Marlboro how he plunged a knife five times into the back of 14-year-old Tatia Brennan, then held her down and ignored her pleas for mercy while another gang member stabbed her repeatedly.

Tatia's body was found two days later, Nov. 29, covered with dirt and debris in a patch of woods about a quarter-mile from Suitland High School, where she and Sovann were sophomores. Another classmate, Shawnte Renice Perry, 16, and alleged gang leader Chris Stopher Witcher, 19, who is accused of ordering Tatia's death, are scheduled for separate trials this summer.

Yesterday, the jury deliberated 2 1/2 hours before retiring for the night. Sovann's trial lasted only a day and a half, and yet it recalled in vivid, disturbing detail a crime that surprised Prince George's County. Not only were two high school students accused of luring a classmate into the woods and stabbing her more than 40 times, but the three teenagers also were said to be members of a gang known as the Bloods.

The wave of anxiety over whether suburban young people were being lured into criminal gangs prompted a police study of gang activity in Prince George's County. The study concluded that there were 70 loosely knit juvenile social groups in the county, eight of which were considered gangs engaged in criminal activity. The study described the Bloods as a fledgling gang that was trying to model itself after the notorious Los Angeles organization of that name but had no connections to it.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
A few...go tell the families of these victims that only a few of them are being killed. Only a few white police men are killing black people too and i am sure that too has gone down since the 60s.
You post about the same exact shyt every single day. All these damn threads and forums on the coli and this is all you wanna talk about. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I tried to ask you about the Game's new double album yesterday and you ignored it. Thoughts?:troll:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
The Erotic Adventures of Vee and Mark에게박재범 Jay Park (AOM)
2월 18일 ·
Dear JAY MY NAME IS VOUTHYNOR BILLY SOVANN I STABBED A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL 42 TIMES AND BEAT HER TO DEATH WITH A SINK BECAUSE SHE FOUND OUT THAT I WAS GAY .JAY BECAUSE OF YOU I CAN FINALY LET IT GO IM NOT ASHAMED OF MY LOOSE BUTT HOLE ANYMORE I FOUND A MAN WHO LOVES ME FOR ME AND I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO SING AT OUR WEDDING ME AND MY PARTNER MARK M. TALAVERA WOULD BE MORE THEN GREATFUL TO MEET YOU IN PERSON AND POSSABLIY HAVE A THREESOME WE LOVE YOU LOVE VOUTHYNAR AND MARK AKA POOTIE TOOTIE

좋아요 1개

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The a$$holes that did it are shyt, they should have paid for their crime. The Black women that still post on that site should really rethink things. Finally, this shouldn't be used as a got ya moment from either side.
Seems like it preys on women who are repeatedly shatted on with low self-esteem.