Spin: What movie should ABSOLUTELY be remade or have a sequel

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The Truman show:

First this movie is very underrated / slept on. IMO its a top 2 carrey and is a generally great movie. A-

The idea that someones whole life since birth, can be orchestrated down to the sentance, with a director who is effectively your god, and a body of fear based obstacles to mentally chain you into this reality....is a phenomenal backdrop to a movie. I legitimately think if they made the tone darker...it could've been even better and been a true film classic.

"If im not mistaken...Truman is the first person adopted by a corporation..." :lupe:

Opinions?

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Universal Soldier remake

I say this mainly because it's a just about memorable franchise, in that the name can get an audience but writers/directors can revamp the lore/story/themes and make a new classic

Also Conan the Barbarian - I want some high fantasy and a road trip style could be a good direction away from the "becoming a king" stuff often seen in fantasy

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I agree that remake candidates should be films that had good premises but weren't perfect, or doesn't hold up, or might work better with a new generation of audiences.

So with that in mind, I pick Death Becomes Her.

As a kid that film was so weird, demonic, erotic, scary, and funny to me.

tumblr_mwzok0K05P1s8jfvto1_500.gif

And the effects today still look really good

giphy.gif

But it's also one of those weird movies that's not really regarded as untouchable so I don't think there would be a meltdown if it was announced that they were going to remake it, or do a sequel. A remake would be preferable to me though. Cast some hot 30 or 40 something actresses, make the shyt part parody of shyt like 50 Shades and the beauty industry in general, part horror movie, throw in a little nudity and a ton of violence and practical effects and I think you'd have an even bigger hit with todays audiences than the audiences of the 90s.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Hellboy and The Incredibles, obviously...but I think those are actually in the works. I agree with whoever mentioned "Kill Bill". What's Uma Thurman even up to?

I'm down for any remake of "Heat" even though we have "The Town" and "The Fast & The Furious". I'm addicted to heist movies.

fukk it, give me another "Zombieland" and "Superbad".

I almost wouldn't even mind Natalie Portman growing up to become the new Leon, with the ghost of Jean Reno popping up in a dream sequence and as a voice in her head for advice.
Agreed. That sounds dope too. Way better than this atomic blonde that got going on.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Girl with the dragon tattoo [like breh above said]

we need kill bill vol 3...just let Tarantino do what he envisioned with the daughters fighting it out

Belly was supposed to have sequel called The Beast [allegedly]