Spin: The Gold Ranger was underrated (PR Zeo)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
We got older breh:manny: lol I wish it was more to it but that's just it. You age out of stuff and sometimes you come back to it sometimes you don't. Power Rangers wasn't the hot shyt anymore cause we wanted to be grown
You didn't stick around for Power Rangers Turbo?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
everytime i think about tommy overpowering the rangers scene over my boy jason, i wonder what power rangers would look like if he took the cybertron/vr troopers role instead of coming back

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Zeo came out in 96 and just from being 10 at the time, power rangers started being less cool among my classmates. a lot of them moved on to other shyt
:russ: same here i started getting into WWF the attitude era was on the horizon
so all my peers was talking about that

Raw is War :wow:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everytime i think about tommy overpowering the rangers scene over my boy jason, i wonder what power rangers would look like if he took the cybertron/vr troopers role instead of coming back

That whole thing about how he was supposed to be in vr troopers and brad hawkins was going to be the white ranger is a really interesting story. Funny enough he still ended up doing trey of triforias voice lol.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russ: same here i started getting into WWF the attitude era was on the horizon
so all my peers was talking about that

Raw is War :wow:

Yeah summer 96 is when the nwo hit so wrestling was the shyt. PlayStation was out too? Then the 64 dropped:wow: way too much going on for power rangers to compete

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That whole thing about how he was supposed to be in vr troopers and brad hawkins was going to be the white ranger is a really interesting story. Funny enough he still ended up doing trey of triforias voice lol.

in a way, i wish jdf would have taken the role. or at least kept the show streamlined. combining 3 shows for toy purposes made the show a mess. and that vr world shyt? noone should have bought the repainted power rangers helmets.

it also makes me wonder how they would have treated masked rider if there were future shows to use at the time.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
in a way, i wish jdf would have taken the role. or at least kept the show streamlined. combining 3 shows for toy purposes made the show a mess. and that vr world shyt? noone should have bought the repainted power rangers helmets.

it also makes me wonder how they would have treated masked rider if there were future shows to use at the time.
Yeah I think he made the right decision vr troopers ran out of footage quick as hell his career might have had alot less longevity and I believe kids wanted him back in mass amounts including myself lol.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
career wise, no doubt. metal heroes was just about done. they could have streamlined beetleborgs into vr troopers, but thats just delaying the inevitable. sticking around made him a face of a major series instead of a forgotten footnote