Spin-Off Black Women.....Did You Compliment A Black Man Today?

Lithe

All Star
Daps
No, but that's only because I haven't left my house since Friday. However, when I was getting an oil change on Friday, there was a young black man in the lobby with me and he kindly spoke up to answer a question I had for the mechanic. I turned around to look him in the eye and thank him, with a warm smile. Acknowledged him when he walked in and when I left.

It doesn't take much to just be kind. My younger brother is in his early 20s and I always make sure to build him up! We lost our father very suddenly/unexpectedly last year and it's been hard on him, my sister, and me even though we are all adults and in our 20s. I know it affected him differently than it affected my sister and me, because he is a man and was our father's only son. I always check in on him and make sure I'm encouraging him just like our father would.

Usually when I have complimented black men, it's always been about their spirit. Yes they are handsome, can be athletic, musically inclined, whatever... But their spirit is just so... It's just so real, warm, and raw. I don't know how to put it into words, it's just a different vibe I get from them, and I love it. I love to build others up whenever I get a chance and feel like it'd be accepted.

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Practice with people that you are familiar with... Male or female... Even if it's just in conversation....

"Oh that was a perfect explanation, it helped me understand it better"

I could practice, it's always good to compliment people

Lithe

All Star
Daps
It can be awkward to compliment people, I understand that. I'm blessed to have a family and group of friends where we regularly complimented each other, so it's natural for me to do it to others.

The thing today is being misunderstood just because people have ulterior motives with compliments, and kindness is confused with flirting a lot of the time.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I have only complimented black men I know, but I think I'll try complimenting a man I don't know.
jbhmmm.png

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I do all of the time... I told a man at Panera bread yesterday that he was handsome. :hamster: